Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Hey guys,

My 15 GT Premium Performance Package currently just has a MBRP Race Catback

I’m going to be doing catless longtubes, a cold air intake & a tune.

I have two options though

Option 1: nGauge with Lund Tune

Option 2: There’s a local shop that specializes in Mustangs. He custom dyno tunes through SCT, so I would run a SCT Livewire and have him do the tuning on the car

There’s a $750ish price difference between the two options (dyno tune being more expensive)

I’m having a hard time deciding which route to take

Looking to opinions, experiences, thoughts, etc

I greatly appreciate it!
Sponsored

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
I'd say go remote tune since your NA, if your boosted than I'd recommend dyno tune since there is a lot more tire spin and other factors with more power. I was doing remote tune and still am but rented a dyno so lund can still be my tuner, due to a lot of tire spin and simply because a dyno is a lot more accurate, plus you get your hp numbers. But I think that a dyno will always be better but more pricey.

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
I'd say go remote tune since your NA, if your boosted than I'd recommend dyno tune since there is a lot more tire spin and other factors with more power. I was doing remote tune and still am but rented a dyno so lund can still be my tuner, due to a lot of tire spin and simply because a dyno is a lot more accurate, plus you get your hp numbers. But I think that a dyno will always be better but more pricey.
LOL you sound as torn as I am haha

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
haha If only you knew the time and $ ive spent into boosting my car. I got over remote tuning when I flew by a CHP going 120 and didn't wana get reffed before my car was even done being tuned and when the tuner rold me there was to much spin for anything to be readable haha. Lund does a great job and helps me with everything and goes above to make sure your car is not only fast but also won't blow, so I don't mind renting a dyno.. what are your plans for the car?

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Haha damn dude!!

Just a fun street car honestly. Nothing crazy (at least at this point). Focusing on some cosmetic things and just some simple stuff. I want the car to sound good and be quick and fun to drive.

Sponsored

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
Yah than Lund remote should be good for you. I never had flex fuel tune but I’m sure it’s just as good or better.

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
My opinion:

Depending on the local tuner and how well they understand these vehicles and all the torque based calculations and what exactly is involved, it's a toss up. You really can't go wrong with a Lund or PBD tune....although I believe that they will stay on the "safe" side.

You mentioned the nGauge. Is it something that you absolutely want? is it for swapping tunes in and out quickly? or more for monitoring purposes?

You can always buy the regular unlocked HP Tuners nGauge if you aren't doing a Lund tune.

I prefer getting tuned on a linked AWD load bearing dyno, with final street datalogs for confirmation. Depending on your tuner and how confident you are in them, you can go that route, or ask Lund to do a remote dyno session with your vehicle at your tuners shop.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For NA, go Lund FOR SURE. Especially if you have acccess to e85.
No matter how good your local tuner is, he simply won’t beat the gains of a flex tune.
If dollars are a worry and you have access, go Lund.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Hey guys,

My 15 GT Premium Performance Package currently just has a MBRP Race Catback

I’m going to be doing catless longtubes, a cold air intake & a tune.

I have two options though

Option 1: nGauge with Lund Tune

Option 2: There’s a local shop that specializes in Mustangs. He custom dyno tunes through SCT, so I would run a SCT Livewire and have him do the tuning on the car

There’s a $750ish price difference between the two options (dyno tune being more expensive)

I’m having a hard time deciding which route to take

Looking to opinions, experiences, thoughts, etc

I greatly appreciate it!
Lund Racing can remote tune that car better than most other tuners can in person. We've been using them for almost a decade with excellent results. You really can't go wrong with what they have to offer and at a fraction of the price.

We've got Lund Racing nGauges in stock and are here to assist you when you're ready to order so please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need help placing an order.

Thanks, Jared

https://www.lethalperformance.com/e-motion-ngauge-tuning-and-monitoring-gauge.html
11426372_679451128851552_26046370654555699_n.png

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
lund has more experience than anyone on these cars. we can def help you out!

with top tier service we have become lund's largest dealer and can def help you throughout the process

i'm available from 8 to 10 seven days a week to help out with any questions
513-478-1965

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
A Lund Tune is hard to beat. Even with your local tuner specializing in Mustangs, the $750 difference is a pretty large difference for being N/A, even with Dyno Time. If they are as familiar with the car as they should be, it shouldn't take them long to get it dialed it, so that for me personally would be the deal breaker.

Regardless if you go with Lund or local, let us know if you have any questions. We have relationships with all of the top Coyote Tuners in the Market right now, so we can definitely help point you in the right direction based on your needs.

Matt

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the service industry so I can be a little nit picky when it comes to service. I can honestly saw that working with Lund has been one of the best services experiences of my life.

They are just awesome to work with.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Call Shaun at AED and be done with it. Best in the biz if you ask me.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Call Shaun at AED and be done with it. Best in the biz if you ask me.
+1 for Shaun @ AED from personal experience. The attention to detail and thoroughness was evident from the start. Though I hear positive things with Lund as well so likely can't go wrong either way.
Sponsored