Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Lund ! N/a or forced my car is deep into the 9’s on a lund tune about to crack 8’s andnits all remote tuning on an n gauge
Sponsored

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Thanks guys!! I went with the nGauge and Lund. Alex F (yolo) has been amazing to work with

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Good choice! Although it's nice to have the tuner actually drive and feel your car, overall they're looking at the same data as Lund is.

Personally I didn't go with a dyno tune because there's no way of knowing if they know what they're doing, unless they have an exceptional reputation from knowledgeable people. I've talked to tuners at mustang-specific shops and they had no idea how to properly tune the knock sensors on the Coyote. A tuner like Lund has a known good reputation and is a safer bet than a local tuner 90% of the time.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Good choice going with Lund. I remote tuned my Paxton 16 and then set up time with Lund to do some dyno pulls so we could get data on a full pull in 5th. If you want to "dyno tune" the car you still have the opportunity.

Sponsored

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Id go with PBD or AED. With Lund, you never know who’s tuning your car.
That’s not true. With Lund you have direct contact with the tuner. They are the one telling you what pulls to make etc. sure a “canned” tune you don’t know who did it but there are thousands of them out doing just fine.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
That’s not true. With Lund you have direct contact with the tuner. They are the one telling you what pulls to make etc. sure a “canned” tune you don’t know who did it but there are thousands of them out doing just fine.
Under Lund there are many tuners. From personal experience, I started with one Lund tuner then another Lund tuner needed to get involved to resolve the issues in my tune. I went a month before my car drove fine on the tune I purchased. A tune from the main man I’m sure would have had a better outcome from the beginning.

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Id go with PBD or AED. With Lund, you never know who’s tuning your car.
Yes you do lol. There’s only a handful of tuners at Lund, and I know for a fact that Alex (yolo) tuned my car. We spoke several times back and forth about my datalogs and the tweaks he was going to make.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Yes you do lol. There’s only a handful of tuners at Lund, and I know for a fact that Alex (yolo) tuned my car. We spoke several times back and forth about my datalogs and the tweaks he was going to make.
Maybe it is who made the tune originally? I assume there are a few tunes that are commonly used but you do always speak with someone first and they send you the tune after doing so.

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
If you follow Alex on social media at all, he explains that all base tunes are from John Lund. All of the tuners there pull from the same files, and then they adjust accordingly based on data you send

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
If you follow Alex on social media at all, he explains that all base tunes are from John Lund. All of the tuners there pull from the same files, and then they adjust accordingly based on data you send
This^^

I think Jon Jr is doing a good bit of the base files as well.
Sponsored