Sponsored

Hp tuner or Lund ngauge for gt350 manifold

OverrBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red GT
Hey so I've been trying to find more info on the hp tuner ngauge. I have a gt350 manifold on the way and need to pull the trigger on a tuning option for the 5.0. I like the ngauge but don't like the locked into only lund tune aspect of the Lund ngauge so I looked into the hp version but haven't found very many tuning options (via data logging and email). So I honestly think maybe the best bet is the sct x4. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm going to be doing more mods in the future (headers and a rear gear swap to 3.37s) So I don't wanna just throw money away to Lund but I also want to throw that manifold in :D
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
You'll be fine with an X4, that's what I'm using.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I had the act x4 and went to a Lund nGauge; I haven't even considered looking back. If you don't trust Lund then don't buy from them. There are plenty of us here who do and have no regrets in doing so.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
one of our lund custom tunes, with the ngauge is def the way to go.

lund has these mani's dialed in great

let me know if we can help at all

http://teambeefcakeracing.com/lr-ngauge-tune.html

were lund's largest dealer and here from 8 to 10 seven days a week to help you out

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Lund Ngauge. I actually have a video of my 8 y/o son changing the tune in the car from last night. It's that easy to use, and I can't say enough about Lund.

Sponsored

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
Don't imagine there are many ngauge tuners in Germany. VMP writes tunes for the ngauge if you don't like Lund. They used to have 6 mos of free rertunes. (Don't know cost after)

That said a lot of guys on this forum and elsewhere have had good success with Lund. Being in Germany it may be your best bet.

tampasnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
There is a big Mustang shop down here in Stuttgart he is SCT only. He does a lot of high horsepower Mustang's from all over Europe

OP
OP
OverrBoost

OverrBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red GT
Thanks for the input fellas. Def going to keep Lund in mind. Currently looking into vmp w/ the hp tuner ngauge.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
+1 on Lund

OP
OP
OverrBoost

OverrBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red GT
one of our lund custom tunes, with the ngauge is def the way to go.

lund has these mani's dialed in great

let me know if we can help at all

http://teambeefcakeracing.com/lr-ngauge-tune.html

were lund's largest dealer and here from 8 to 10 seven days a week to help you out
How much are retunes down road if I change up my set up or add another bolt on mod say.. after 6 months

Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you want NGauge and don't want to be locked into Lund you can go with Rob Shoemaker. He uses HP Tuner software. He is very experienced, can handle all your tuning needs from basic mods to twin turbos. He has an outstanding reputation and provides excellent customer service. You don't really hear much about him here but he is much more active on various Mustang groups on Facebook. I use Rob and have been nothing but very pleased. I certainly don't question Lund or the other big tuners skill or ability, I just chose my own path. I'm sure you will be satisfied regardless of your choice.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Get a Hptuners nGauge so it's not locked to Lund.

Rob Shoemaker is a name that stands out when you are looking for some good remote tuning with a HPT nGauge

Last edited:
OP
OP
OverrBoost

OverrBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red GT
If you want NGauge and don't want to be locked into Lund you can go with Rob Shoemaker. He uses HP Tuner software. He is very experienced, can handle all your tuning needs from basic mods to twin turbos. He has an outstanding reputation and provides excellent customer service. You don't really hear much about him here but he is much more active on various Mustang groups on Facebook. I use Rob and have been nothing but very pleased. I certainly don't question Lund or the other big tuners skill or ability, I just chose my own path. I'm sure you will be satisfied regardless of your choice.
Awesome man thanks I'll look him up on Facebook. The ngauge seems legit

OP
OP
OverrBoost

OverrBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red GT
Get a Hptuners nGauge so it's not locked to Lund.

Rob Shoemaker is a name that stands out when you are looking for some good remote tuning with a HPT nGauge

has anyone heard of TBR tuning ? they also use the hp tuners ngauge.

quoted 550 for the ngauge w/ tune (with revisions) after I gave him my list of mods

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That price is what you will see from everyone. Pretty standard. Same thing with tune updates, they're free as long as you stay naturally aspirated except for Flex Fuel tune which is $100. Rob Shoemaker is the man and you wouldn't be disappointed.
Sponsored