Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

KazzMANIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Premium - HEAVILY modified
This worked on my 2017 F150 and 2017 Mustang
Variable Line Level Preamp Outputs From ACM (for adding aftermarket amp without sound clipping)
ACM 727-01-01 xx5A xxxx xxxx
ACM 727-01-02 00xx
APIM 7D0-01-01 2xxx xxxx xxxx <--- this change required only if you have Sony DSP
Hi everyone. I have a 2017 Mustang GT Premium with the Shaker Pro sound system and desperately need to mod the car to make head unit into low-level line output to go into aftermarket amps and dump my aftermarket DSP. A friend and I have tried your suggestion and it does not work. We are using a new OBDLink MX and latest version of forscan. We successfully changed other parameters (such as signal light error code) so know our equipment is correct. We have tried changing 727-01-01 to xxXx to every possible hex value from xx0x to xxFx which includes xx5x. We Tried xx5A, xx59, and dozens of other combinations. We have also changed 727-01-02 and 7D0-01-01 as instructed. The head unit definately reboots after every write. Some of the combinations cause the speaker output to go to 0 regardless of volume - we have several pro-grade meters connected to the speaker outputs of the factory amp module (where the gas pedal is) to detect any output. Some values cause the volume buttons to stop working. Some values keep output hot (peaks about 9 volts). None of these combinations result in the deck putting out a low-level (0 to 2 volts) output. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 cobra, 1995 race car cobra, 2015 gt
Wtf!! I canā€™t get my lap top to connect at all to the OBDLink mx WiFi! My iPhone will connect but that does me no good an dthe customer support is a joke! Can Anybody help? I can connect to the WiFi from my laptop but the FORScan keeps telling me there was no ELM found??? The obdlink also wonā€™t connect on my laptop says it has timed out or socket error. My lap top is older due to I only use it for tuning my race car I honestly think it has windows 7 on it still does that have anything to do with my problems?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

Hi everyone. I have a 2017 Mustang GT Premium with the Shaker Pro sound system and desperately need to mod the car to make head unit into low-level line output to go into aftermarket amps and dump my aftermarket DSP. A friend and I have tried your suggestion and it does not work. We are using a new OBDLink MX and latest version of forscan. We successfully changed other parameters (such as signal light error code) so know our equipment is correct. We have tried changing 727-01-01 to xxXx to every possible hex value from xx0x to xxFx which includes xx5x. We Tried xx5A, xx59, and dozens of other combinations. We have also changed 727-01-02 and 7D0-01-01 as instructed. The head unit definately reboots after every write. Some of the combinations cause the speaker output to go to 0 regardless of volume - we have several pro-grade meters connected to the speaker outputs of the factory amp module (where the gas pedal is) to detect any output. Some values cause the volume buttons to stop working. Some values keep output hot (peaks about 9 volts). None of these combinations result in the deck putting out a low-level (0 to 2 volts) output. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kirk
I believe what you're missing here is that you need to bypass that extra amp/DSP. You have to get your 4V out from the ACM, which is the part in the center stack that has the CD player.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is everybody using to do the programming on there cars?? Iā€™m send Ming my obdlink mx WiFi back and getting a different one since that one was junk and wouldnā€™t connect to my lap top. My problem is my laptop is not Bluetooth so I was going to get a corded adapter or maybe buy a new table but not sure what works and what doesnt

Sponsored

KazzMANIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Premium - HEAVILY modified
What is everybody using to do the programming on there cars?? Iā€™m send Ming my obdlink mx WiFi back and getting a different one since that one was junk and wouldnā€™t connect to my lap top. My problem is my laptop is not Bluetooth so I was going to get a corded adapter or maybe buy a new table but not sure what works and what doesnt
I use the OBDLink MX Bluetooth (not the wifi version) and have had no issues.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use the OBDLink MX Bluetooth (not the wifi version) and have had no issues.
I had that one first but my laptop is not Bluetooth so I sent it back and got the WiFi and itā€™s will not connect to my laptop at all works fine with my phone but canā€™t make forscan changes with the phone

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I had that one first but my laptop is not Bluetooth so I sent it back and got the WiFi and itā€™s will not connect to my laptop at all works fine with my phone but canā€™t make forscan changes with the phone
BT USB adapters are cheap, man.

I've heard of other people having issues with the WiFi. The only good reason I know of to get one of those is iOS compatibility. The ODBLink MX Bluetooth is the only surefire bet.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BT USB adapters are cheap, man.

I've heard of other people having issues with the WiFi. The only good reason I know of to get one of those is iOS compatibility. The ODBLink MX Bluetooth is the only surefire bet.
Thatā€™s the one I had to start with and I sent it back guess Iā€™ll look into a Bluetooth adapter for my computer but was really leaning more towards a corded option just so it couldnā€™t lose a connection during a upload

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just be aware that the corded ones are hit and miss, and they don't automatically switch between regular CAN and MS-CAN like the MX BT does.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered the Bluetooth adapter and the Bluetooth obdlink mx and another adapter for my bike also and still got money back from the WiFi one sent back!

jackieboy8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible V6
I know the problems that we get when flashing the IPC with the GT350 firmware for the digital speedo. (We know our hardware should work as we can read the digital speed in engineeringā€™s mode) but what about just flashing the basic ā€˜18 firmware on our IPC, should work?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a proven list of changes that can be made? Iā€™ve looked around and havenā€™t found much. Iā€™m wanting to make the rear speaker outputs in a low level signal and a few other things so far only done the fog lights on with blinkers

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

Kirk
It doesn't work because you need to bypass the factory DSP/Amp with an RCA out, speaker level in harness.. You do know that the as built you're modifying is ACM as built, correct? NOT DSP as built. The ACM in the Premium cars is ALREADY line level into the DSP/Amp module. What you did was to effectively turn off the signal from the ACM to the DSP. Of course you had no voltage. Bypass the DSP/Amp module and make no changes for level out and you will be fine.
Sponsored