Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
SVTperformance went to something very similar to this years ago and they never fixed it. I definitely dropped off my browsing on that site; this site WAS superior.

Now on here 2/3 of the page is forum stuff and the other 1/3 to the right is full of ads. You can keep the ads on the top or bottom, not where they take up 1/3 of my screen to the right.

I understand the need for change with updated options; but the viewing experience suffers imo.
Yep, just like you, I was on SVT Performance for years until they did that update. Haven't been on that site since and I had a few thousand posts (wasn't a sponsored account, it was my personal one).

Anyone who says "give this format a chance" hasn't used this forum layout before, it's awful. Been using it for the last 3 years on Ferrari Chat, another board that uses this layout, really dislike it and I find myself visiting that site less. vBulletin Version 3.7.0 hands down is the best, take it from someone who has made a living on the forums the last 15 years and has used virtually every layout you could imagine.
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
SVTperformance went to something very similar to this years ago and they never fixed it. I definitely dropped off my browsing on that site; this site WAS superior.

Now on here 2/3 of the page is forum stuff and the other 1/3 to the right is full of ads. You can keep the ads on the top or bottom, not where they take up 1/3 of my screen to the right.

I understand the need for change with updated options; but the viewing experience suffers imo.
Yep, fix this poor excuse of a forum software or go back...

I know.. change.. humans are bad at change, but change is a good thing. But not when you try and reinvent the wheel into an octagon.....

Ads on the right take up a major portion of screen real estate better us for reading - top or bottom or adblock is really needed....
Also can the damn notifications be fixed. Ive pretty much turned off all notifications except for a select few. Ive turned off all of the garage notifications, but new garage entries keep popping up with flags - and I couldnt care less about those...
Seriously...Adblock plus extension in your browser...done.

Hard to believe people still don't use these.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
This update sucks. Sorry Ill just be honest of all the forums Ive used vBulletin or bust.

Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
It is a drop down from the "FORUMS" link pictured below.

Yeah, that works for garage as well, but only temporarily, as soon as there are updates I get a red flag again - not following any garages, and turned off notifications for it...

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
I do not follow garages either. If I find anything on disabling that I will post that too.

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
I do not follow garages either. If I find anything on disabling that I will post that too.
Here it is: Under your account - then Preferences - Remove the check from the "Display unviewed garages count..."

2vvjms4.png

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Here it is: Under your account - then Preferences - Remove the check from the "Display unviewed garages count..."

Thanks, 2 different pages for similar settings/preferences/alerts.......

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Several other forums that I've been active on changed to XenForo and I always hated it and rarely go back to them.

I have to say that M6G has taken the transition better than other sites though. They layout/UI is better than ones I've seen in the past. Since I enjoy being on here as much as I do I am going to try and get used to it rather than flee like I have others lol. That being said this UI is so bloated and hard to navigate compared to VBulletin IMO.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Kmart sucks rain man...lol
Sponsored