Sponsored

Yes, another R lead. 5K over leadfoot grey

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It always amazes me when someone puts the efforts forward to help others get closer to an MSRP deal and then get lambasted for being helpful.

Good on you [MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION]... I’m not ashamed to say that I have kicked tires. Thanks to [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION], my R tire-kicking days were over. I’ll always be grateful to the likes of you guys for helping me out.
Thanks Fred and look forward to speaking to you again very soon.

Take care!!

:cheers:
Sponsored

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I was an early holdout way back in Sept 2016 for a reg 350 but was not willing to pay ADM. Thanks to this forum I was able to land an allocation at MSRP a mere 18 miles from home.
In 2007 I did the same with a new Tundra 8000 below MSRP because of a forum.
Thanks to all who have helped another member out.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It always amazes me when someone puts the efforts forward to help others get closer to an MSRP deal and then get lambasted for being helpful.

Good on you [MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION]... I’m not ashamed to say that I have kicked tires. Thanks to [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION], my R tire-kicking days were over. I’ll always be grateful to the likes of you guys for helping me out.
Fred, nobody wants to pay any more than they have to. I guess my frustration is when the price of the car is stated and a person can't or won't pay, there is no point in throwing out a sour grapes comment.

I don't make money on these cars being sold. They throw out a token bird dog fee my way, but that's really not what it's about. The last I got for mulligans sale went towards dinner for the 4 of us. The next one from Eric's car will go right back to the salesman because I have been very appreciative in the way he has treated my friends and has put up with the MSRP or invoice tire kickers.

I am growing tired of people and human nature. Even though my intentions are the best, I somehow think that all people care about is the bottom dollar and me me me.

I am an enthusiast. I try to help others where I can and I don't ever ask anything in return.

If people think 5k is a ripoff, then I would suggest they just move along and stop crapping on others posts. I have found that car people can be great people with big hearts or selfless people looking out for numero uno.

I am running out of patience and benevolence.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Tom -

I hear ya, man, and can imagine that it sometimes gets old. But, I hope that being part of my experience helped offset some of the negatives. Not only did you help me get a fair deal on my new car, but the dealership gave me what I thought was more than fair for my trade-in and all of you - the guys at the dealership and you and Mrs. Tomster - made the experience more than just a business deal. Rather, me and Pat - my co-driver for the adventure - really enjoyed our trip... and especially the (unfortunately brief) time we spent in Daytona Beach.

Keep it up, man, for as long as they keep giving you a heads-up on allocations, because those who eventually step up for the deal are in for a treat.

On another note, not too long ago I offered a LFG electronics R here on the forum at a dealership in the Chicago area that was asking 20k ADM, but seemed willing to deal. A member finally was able to wear them down to what he thought was a good deal and is now the proud owner of that beautiful car. Not long afterwards, the young / new salesman called me looking for my address to send me a finders fee and I told him to make sure that the sales manager allows him to keep it and treat him and his girlfriend to a nice dinner.

Like you, I really enjoy helping others who share my passion.

Thanks for making my R special - for more than what it is as a car... rather as a vehicle for making friends.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Chris, thank you for the kind comments. It was my pleasure dealing with a fellow enthusiast who is not only a great person, but passionate about what we do.

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
BTW, this car made it to the dealer and is available. For a while I was thinking about LFG but not any more :)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
BTW, this car made it to the dealer and is available. For a while I was thinking about LFG but not any more :)
Based on a previous post it was my understanding that this car was already sold but obviously not??

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Based on a previous post it was my understanding that this car was already sold but obviously not??
The buyer backed out and bought a porsche

Carbon Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I don't make money on these cars being sold. They throw out a token bird dog fee my way, but that's really not what it's about.
You say you are trying to help people out, but what you are doing is benefitting yourself first. A dealership charging $5k over MSRP is sleazy. You taking a bird dog fee is also sleazy. It's like accepting money from a drug dealer. There is a principle. Don't get on a high horse when you are being hypocritical.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
[MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION]

Thank you for being one of those enthusiasts that contribute to the forum in many ways. Continue your efforts, and don’t let others get you down. I for one would have gladly benefited from your efforts back when I was still searching for an R.

If you’ve spent months on the phone calling every dealership in the country, then someone dropping a car in your lap for 5k over without you having done any work is worth it. Trust me. Been there, done that.

Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
For all: TOM has been a very loyal enthusiast and has provided more help to many on a variety of topics and gone out of his way to get cars and owners hooked up. To bash him is just plain wrong and disgusting. ADMs are something that should not be allowed but unfortunately are a fact in some areas, as the R becomes harder to get a 5k ADM isn’t outrageous. A dealership referral fee is nominal and isn’t driving the ADM up. Any fee he or anyone gets doesn’t pay for the time and effort expended and clearly doesn’t deserve a negative comment, just my two cents worth as I wait for my power to be restored.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
A dealership charging $5k over MSRP is sleazy.

Do you have a source on R's at msrp? I think by this standard we've pretty much all bought our R's from only sleazy dealerships.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
You say you are trying to help people out, but what you are doing is benefitting yourself first. A dealership charging $5k over MSRP is sleazy. You taking a bird dog fee is also sleazy. It's like accepting money from a drug dealer. There is a principle. Don't get on a high horse when you are being hypocritical.
Well, like I said, I told them to keep VOODOO6G's bird dog and most of the bird dog for [MENTION=27830]Muligan[/MENTION] bought us all a nice dinner. I really don't get the issue.

It's been 5k for a while now (a very long time). Back when ADMs ran much more, it really was a great deal, especially when all the work was done for you. I was passing on a great deal. Who says 5k for an R is a bad deal?

I've had this discussion with my dealership and pointed out the market was changing. They don't believe it. I've spent a lot of time talking with [MENTION=27773]fpa1974[/MENTION] about this very car and offering my assistance in looking at the car. I work for an airline and offered to buy him a buddy pass to pick the car up. I told him I was going to kick the bird dog to him because I really don't care about it. He suggested we all have dinner with it, I agreed. Florian wound up not getting the car because he didn't like the color.

The way I see it is you are being judgemental without knowing all the facts. I do what I do for two reasons..... first, help others find the R they are looking for from a good dealer who takes care of thier customers. They have a lot of clout and through thier presence in the market, they are able to get things done (Like order a base R when nobody else could) and get cars delivered in a very timely manner (unlike where others have had problems with dealers in my area) Second, [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION] told me a long time ago to build a relationship with my dealership. My dealership looks after me because of the relationship I have built with them over time. Last December, I had an oil sensor come loose on day 1 of a 3 day track weekend. Everybody knows the pitfalls with an oil related leak and as a result needing new motors. Well long story short, I didn't want to "own" the problem and the result if my band aid let go and ruined my motor. One call on a weekend got me in immediately and I was out on the track in a matter of hours.

Also, I have a GT 500 (R if available) coming with a very low ADM. They took the order and deposit where they were telling others to hit the road. This is because I have been a good customer and have brought many of us to them.

To all the people I have referred, I don't think anyone has issue. To the contrary, everyone has been very happy. I think it's wrong for you to say such things without knowing what you are talking about. I enjoy being a member here and appreciate everyone's kind comments. However people like you (low post keyboard commanders) roll in and start a bunch of crap with relative impunity. People like you think you can do or say anything on an internet forum or any social medium because nobody is there in person to react. Mouth off inappropriately to the wrong guy face to face and you very well might get a bloody nose. But no, not here I guess. And that's the drawback of these types of forums.... Trolls like you who flex thier internet muscles from great distances across a keyboard connected to a wire.

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
Well, like I said, I told them to keep VOODOO6G's bird dog and most of the bird dog for [MENTION=27830]Muligan[/MENTION] bought us all a nice dinner. I really don't get the issue.

It's been 5k for a while now (a very long time). Back when ADMs ran much more, it really was a great deal, especially when all the work was done for you. I was passing on a great deal. Who says 5k for an R is a bad deal?

I've had this discussion with my dealership and pointed out the market was changing. They don't believe it. I've spent a lot of time talking with [MENTION=27773]fpa1974[/MENTION] about this very car and offering my assistance in looking at the car. I work for an airline and offered to buy him a buddy pass to pick the car up. I told him I was going to kick the bird dog to him because I really don't care about it. He suggested we all have dinner with it, I agreed. Florian wound up not getting the car because he didn't like the color.

The way I see it is you are being judgemental without knowing all the facts. I do what I do for two reasons..... first, help others find the R they are looking for from a good dealer who takes care of thier customers. They have a lot of clout and through thier presence in the market, they are able to get things done (Like order a base R when nobody else could) and get cars delivered in a very timely manner (unlike where others have had problems with dealers in my area) Second, [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION] told me a long time ago to build a relationship with my dealership. My dealership looks after me because of the relationship I have built with them over time. Last December, I had an oil sensor come loose on day 1 of a 3 day track weekend. Everybody knows the pitfalls with an oil related leak and as a result needing new motors. Well long story short, I didn't want to "own" the problem and the result if my band aid let go and ruined my motor. One call on a weekend got me in immediately and I was out on the track in a matter of hours.

Also, I have a GT 500 (R if available) coming with a very low ADM. They took the order and deposit where they were telling others to hit the road. This is because I have been a good customer and have brought many of us to them.

To all the people I have referred, I don't think anyone has issue. To the contrary, everyone has been very happy. I think it's wrong for you to say such things without knowing what you are talking about. I enjoy being a member here and appreciate everyone's kind comments. However people like you (low post keyboard commanders) roll in and start a bunch of crap with relative impunity. People like you think you can do or say anything on an internet forum or any social medium because nobody is there in person to react. Mouth off inappropriately to the wrong guy face to face and you very well might get a bloody nose. But no, not here I guess. And that's the drawback of these types of forums.... Trolls like you who flex thier internet muscles from great distances across a keyboard connected to a wire.

[MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION]. I dont know you personally but only b/c of this forum. You have been an enormous resource for all for a long time. At this point you shouldn’t and don’t have to defend yourself here. Most of us appreciate what you do here and there will always be people who are half empty. Continue doing what you love to do and tune out the rest. THANK YOU for what you do.:thumbsup:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
[MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION], don’t argue this bro... ain’t worth trying.

Edited to add - I’ve personally witnessed [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION] help over 5 guys get cars. He used his spare time to track cars and he even put a lot of his efforts into a Canadian car for a fellow forum member. I’d say his efforts alone were worth $5000 given all the people he has helped.

Keep up the good work bro... if I were a dealer and you were bringing me buyers I’d hook you up too.
Sponsored

Last edited: