Sponsored

Offered an R for $5K over

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
Had a dealer call me and offer me $5K over on a Lightning blue R that I had been watching.. they are willing to offer $52K on my 2017 sight unseen (about 400 miles on it, loaded 2017 w/electronics package).

Thing is, I am not sure I really care right now to get rid of my GT350 and pay the extra for the "R". I may be crazy, but I like my GT350 so much that I'm probably going to pass for the extra cash I'd have to pay. If I hadn't bought my non-R, I would jump on the R now though.

So the deals are out there for sure right now if you keep looking! I think prices are starting to level off some.

I'm just waiting for the offer of one at MSRP to get here... with a fair trade offer, THEN I might jump?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I have not been looking at the used market. Is an offer on your current car with only 400 miles of $52K low?

If I had not gotten my non-R I would be very tempted to get an R fro only 5K over but then again, I waited until I got mine at MSRP. The lower ADMs are starting to pop up on the Rs.

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
52k seems a little low for a 17w/ electronics pack. Not a horrible offer, but I would expect closer to 54ish. What are you thinking is a good trade, mustanggt350?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You know it's still 2017, right? How much would you be losing on the non-r? Saying you have a $5k over offer on an R but they want to give you 52k for your 2017 GT350 is like saying you found a $10k offer on the R. Don't roll over on the trade, its the same as just giving them more money.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Tell them $54K and buy it. The R is awesome, you won't regret it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MustangGT350

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
52k seems a little low for a 17w/ electronics pack. Not a horrible offer, but I would expect closer to 54ish. What are you thinking is a good trade, mustanggt350?
I think I'd go at $54K.. With tax savings it would work I think. But I'm still reluctant because I have had to think whether it's worth it in the long run to me.

$68K +$5KADM = $73K. Trade value currently $52K, so that's an extra $21,000+ for the upgrade (And again, my car is essentially new).

Makes you wonder if that $21K+ is better put somewhere else at this point where the market is softening all the way around on GT350's. No reason not to just enjoy the hell out of my car and use the $$ for tires and other goodies... but man, the allure of the "R" still has me mesmerized. :lol:

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
OP
OP
MustangGT350

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's some reality...this group of dealers has 3 Rs...all at $30k ADM. And they recently sold a 4th I was tracking with no public markdown. $5k ADM is a great deal and the R is worth it...my 2c (admittedly biased).

https://www.koonssterlingford.com/n...widgetName=Search+Inventory&dl.validate=false
My local dealers still have $10K ADM's on regular GT350's. One has 4. I bought mine for $2K under MSRP at a local dealer. They can ask anything they want, but reality is that's not the market.

Can they sell one with an ADM to an uneducated buyer or someone that "has to have it now"? I have no doubt there are buyers out there like that.

One of the local dealers told me they fired one of their general managers at the beginning of the year for buying 2 GT350's from another dealership with the sole intention of selling it at a markup at their dealership.. and the cars has just sat with the dealer eventually taking losses on them.

No doubt the R is an amazing car. I just have to personally come to grips if it's worth the $22K+ to upgrade when the GT350 offers 95% of the experience.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I agree - I think you'd look at it differently if you didn't already have a 350 and didn't have to take that little extra hit on a trade. To pay a lot extra for an R if you already have a GT350 would be difficult.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
My local dealers still have $10K ADM's on regular GT350's. One has 4. I bought mine for $2K under MSRP at a local dealer. They can ask anything they want, but reality is that's not the market.

Can they sell one with an ADM to an uneducated buyer or someone that "has to have it now"? I have no doubt there are buyers out there like that.

One of the local dealers told me they fired one of their general managers at the beginning of the year for buying 2 GT350's from another dealership with the sole intention of selling it at a markup at their dealership.. and the cars has just sat with the dealer eventually taking losses on them.

No doubt the R is an amazing car. I just have to personally come to grips if it's worth the $22K+ to upgrade when the GT350 offers 95% of the experience.

Was only pointing out that the 'market' varies much more for Rs than most on this board seem willing to admit. And MSRP is laughable on Rs here in N. VA/DC metro area...a regular white unicorn :) $5k over is a phenomenal price on an R for my area of the country. I would go so far as to say if a dealer here doesn't get at least $15-20k ADM then they really suck at their job or it was a special deal (mine they used military card to get SM approval) because people here spend $100k like nothing.

I do not have any idea about non-R 350s...you make a very fair point that already having one probably scratches the itch. If I wasnt an OCD tard that had to have the red badge, red calipers, CF wheels and 'HR' chassis number out of the gate I probably wouldve saved a bunch of money too :headbonk:

Best wishes to you in weighing it all out!

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
OP so I guess your inner "R Snob" is coming out eh? :rolleyes:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Haha that really got your panties in a wad didn't it?
Nah not really, just shows your true colors and personality. Jealous hater when things aren't the way you want, now all delighted lol if you felt the way you did before you wouldn't even consider buying one. As I said, just a hater. :headbonk:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So you are loosing $7+K on the trade and paying $5k ADM. That feels like you are overpaying by $12k. Does the $52k payoff your current shelby?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Do you track your car a lot? If the answer is yes, the R is better for this purpose. If this is mostly a street car with a track day here and there, save your money is my vote.

As far as losing money by trading up, no comment as I have been there many times.
Sponsored