Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Anybody interested in a 2018 GT heated steering wheel? I have one for sale with all the switches and trim included.
Sponsored

kylewont

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Anybody interested in a 2018 GT heated steering wheel? I have one for sale with all the switches and trim included.
Will it fit in a 2017? And does it have adaptive cruise control switches, or regular cruise control?

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Will it fit in a 2017? And does it have adaptive cruise control switches, or regular cruise control?
Yes it will fit in a 17. It has regular cruise control on the left, switches for magnetic ride on the right.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Just so it’s known, a 2018 air bag is needed for this steering wheel and they are different. I have it as well as I’ve been working on adding the heated wheel for some time to my 16.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack

Not that I would change it in a million years but this is the glare I mentioned a week or so ago. Keep in mind, I live in Arizona where there's pretty much nothing but sunshine and blue skys. So a lot of you probably won't have to deal with it. Its most prevalent from 11am to about 1pm or so.​

Sponsored

abdullah678

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2016 ecoboosts
can someone take a pic for the digital cluster with the km please

and i have a quesion if i got the digital cluster will i get a line lock (16 ecoboost)
the 18 have it soo i will get it?

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!

Not that I would change it in a million years but this is the glare I mentioned a week or so ago. Keep in mind, I live in Arizona where there's pretty much nothing but sunshine and blue skys. So a lot of you probably won't have to deal with it. Its most prevalent from 11am to about 1pm or so.​

I noticed this today, thanks to your video. It appears the clear highly reflective outer screen is at an angle to reflect what ever is exactly where the horizontal flat square black plastic bezel piece happens to be. the light we are seeing is tangent on the flat plastic bezel piece below it, reflected directly into your eyes. I have a matte i phone screen protector coming monday.See how much it helps.

*Edit.

The problem stems from the design where the old Speedo and Tach had a full circle of plastic around them, which blocked Sunlight from getting to the horizontal piece under the center info screen. With the rounds cut for the digital display, the missing pieces allow light to get to that piece, reflecting it into the eyes. No way to block the light. Put a piece of a black shirt there (non-reflective)- didn't help at all. Have to reduce the reflectivity of that portion of the cluster. See in a few days. i think it will work fairly well, but not be perfect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
can someone take a pic for the digital cluster with the km please

and i have a quesion if i got the digital cluster will i get a line lock (16 ecoboost)
the 18 have it soo i will get it?
The KM cluster looks exactly the same it just has KPH and KM instead of MPH and miles. No other changes.

You can enable line lock but I'm pretty sure it won't work with your ABS pump.

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Regarding the reflection problem, the Matte protector did not work, because of the space behind the first lens, everything behind it is blurred out, and the display is ~1/2" behind it. The Lens even acts like a mirror, and even magnifies the portion of black horizontal ~2/3 from the bottom of the lens up towards the steering wheel. I see 2 possible solutions, 1. Remove the Clear plastic lens. the display surface is Matte, flat and farther back. that will solve the reflection problem. you will have to fix the display in place though. Or 2. Cut out ~3/4 of the black plastic that is there in the middle and replace it with some type of black cloth that is out of the reflection path, or 3. Live with it. I may, in the future, order a 2nd bezel and mod it a bit to address this issue. Just gonna drive for now. Let us know if you do any thing. Chris.

Sponsored

338lm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Every time I start the car, the MyColor settings go back to the defaults. I can change the Primary and Secondary colors fine, but next time I start the car they go back to the defaults again.
Also, the Ambient lighting is always off, even though it is turned on in the cluster menu. In order to turn the ambient lights on, I have to disable, then enable them again. But once I turn off the car, and start it again they are off and I have to again turn them off then on again. The ambient lighting setting is saving my color selection between power cycles, but I just can't get them to stay on.
Has anyone else seen anything like this with the MyColor settings?

rpitsing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Prem Convertable PP EcoBoost 201A
Just installed today!! Love the mod! Thank you breeves002 !!
Minor tweaks left to add the automatic gear/paddle shifters to the display. Looks sweet!

Last edited:

USMCSKYLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So if forscan quits at 36% and I'm running 2.3.15 that means my cluster is not It compatible?

338lm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
So if forscan quits at 36% and I'm running 2.3.15 that means my cluster is not It compatible?
Just to confirm, you have 2.3.15 beta, released on 2018-05-16?
There were a few incremental betas, such as FORScanSetup2.3.15.test20180428.exe
You want to make sure you have the latest one from forscan.org, dated 5/16/2018. If it still doesn't work, email forscan support with the IPC part number (from the configuration tab in forscan), and your forscan log file.