Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Redstang05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MustangGT premium PP
ACC

Has anyone gotten Adaptive Cruise Control to work with the new cluster yet?
That’s currently my only hold out on ordering this
Sponsored

338lm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Has anyone gotten Adaptive Cruise Control to work with the new cluster yet?
That’s currently my only hold out on ordering this
No, not yet. The 2018 ACC steering wheel button cluster is on order (will hopefully fix it). Once I get that cluster and get it installed, I'll report back. But as of now, I have no cruise control at all.

Redstang05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acc

Hummm. Are the buttons on the 2018 different or something?

Redstang05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acc

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll wait for you to figure it out

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
No, not yet. The 2018 ACC steering wheel button cluster is on order (will hopefully fix it). Once I get that cluster and get it installed, I'll report back. But as of now, I have no cruise control at all.
:headbang:

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah we're working on it. 338lm has the cruise switch on order. The part number has changed from the previous year for the ACC switch so we're going to try it. Fingers crossed it fixes it.......

[MENTION=25893]DanMc85[/MENTION] if you're lurking any way you could look through the IPC as built on UCDS and see if theres any different adaptive cruise modes on the 2018? Maybe we need some legacy mode in the cluster for the older CCM... Would not be fun to have to replace the CCM as that isn't an inexpensive part. Makes me think it may be a similar issue like we were having with the high beams. We have codes in the CCM and SCCM with the SCCM as built programmed to the same as the 2018 724-03-01 xxxx...

One other thought [MENTION=34374]338lm[/MENTION] we may look at the CCM as built on the 2018 and see what that looks like. Maybe give us some insight. I think you need the switch either way.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hey has anyone in here done the swap with a GT350? Do the magnaride settings still work?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Would be amazing if we could get this on gt350s
Well I know you can put it in a GT350 but IDK if you lose drive modes/dampening modes/steering modes.

Sponsored

338lm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Update on Adaptive Cruise Control

Good news to report... I got the new ACC button cluster installed, and it cleared all the cruise control and button cluster DTC's. Adaptive Cruise Control is fully working and the cruise control graphical displays on the digital instrument cluster are great!

If you have ACC, you need to also order part number JR3Z-9C888-FA, in addition to the other parts, or you will have no cruise control whatsoever. This part is the cruise control button cluster. Then you can follow breeves002's ForScan spreadsheet to program it.

Thank you breeves002 for your help!

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Good news to report... I got the new ACC button cluster installed, and it cleared all the cruise control and button cluster DTC's. Adaptive Cruise Control is fully working and the cruise control graphical displays on the digital instrument cluster are great!

To sum it up, if you have ACC, you need to also order part number JR3Z-9C888-FA, in addition to the other parts, or you will have no cruise control whatsoever. This part is the cruise control button cluster. Then you can follow breeves002's ForScan spreadsheet to program it.

Thank you breeves002 for your help!
Stupid question, if we DON'T have ACC, our normal regular cruise control is fine?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Stupid question, if we DON'T have ACC, our normal regular cruise control is fine?
Yes normal cruise keeps the same button.

I’ll update the first post to reflect it. On a plane home right now so hopefully the WiFi holds up.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
My bad if I overlooked it but I see there were issues with ACC but most looked to be on pre-2018 cars. Do we know if the swap is done on a 2018 with ACC/Sync 3 that the issue would still persist? Amazing write up. This might be the only interior upgrade I'll consider. I couldn't find any cars within 100 miles of me that had everything I wanted with 401a.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My bad if I overlooked it but I see there were issues with ACC but most looked to be on pre-2018 cars. Do we know if the swap is done on a 2018 with ACC/Sync 3 that the issue would still persist? Amazing write up. This might be the only interior upgrade I'll consider. I couldn't find any cars within 100 miles of me that had everything I wanted with 401a.
Yeah you won't have any issues. That was a 15-17 issue.
Sponsored