Sponsored

First pass, Second time to track added. More Videos!

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
I took the new setup to the track yesterday....

We started off with the tires at 17.5 psi. and the car at 4100lbs with driver.
The Viking warriors was too stiff to start with making a 1/8 hit. The car was a handful! Next attempt I got on the rev limiter in the burnout box and shredded a belt. After some shock adjustments and deciding to air the tires up to 21.5 we just wanted an A-B pass. Decided to come out of the hole like a stop light and granny shift the car not to overload anything.

This was the first pass... resulted in a 10.5 @ 141mph.

Nothing to brag about yet... but I crawled yesterday.... and I'm starting to walk.....

10.5@141.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
No doubt that is making some steam. What settings do you have in the WOT box? I would be ecstatic if that's where I started. Looks like you just need to get more aggressive everywhere. Nice job!

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No doubt that is making some steam. What settings do you have in the WOT box? I would be ecstatic if that's where I started. Looks like you just need to get more aggressive everywhere. Nice job!
The WOT box is set to .175 I think with the 2 step off (Not ready for that yet!). I'm thinking about trying the Auto setting. [MENTION=16083]GTBOB[/MENTION] says "shots fired" lol

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=24357]F1scamp[/MENTION] and here I thought you went 10.20's your first time out lol

It's very humbling really quick in a stick car! Way different than when it was NA. Once we get her down the track we will step up the power ;)

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
141....you got something there. Nice to see someone putting in the work on a stick car!

Sponsored

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
141....you got something there. Nice to see someone putting in the work on a stick car!

Thank You!! It will be nice to be able to RPM her up... dump the clutch and actually floor the car! :eyebulge:

It's a lot of work... and here I just thought I would hop in... drive it and the 9z would rain down......:headbonk:

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
@F1scamp and here I thought you went 10.20's your first time out lol

It's very humbling really quick in a stick car! Way different than when it was NA. Once we get her down the track we will step up the power ;)
Well, 2nd time out with slicks. Went 10.8's on the stock 235's though... I am down to 85ms on the WOT box, and I was beating it. I have a track rental the 27th and I now have drag radials, and slicks to try out. Probably will end up with a broken tranny, but we will see.. lol

Zentrum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp
Good job,few more try's you will get there.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
That's 9 sec mph,u are definitely going to have to go lower then 17 psi tire pressure if u want a good 60ft in a stick car.Damm good for the first pass,A 1.6 60ft would have probably put u at a high.9.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, 2nd time out with slicks. Went 10.8's on the stock 235's though... I am down to 85ms on the WOT box, and I was beating it. I have a track rental the 27th and I now have drag radials, and slicks to try out. Probably will end up with a broken tranny, but we will see.. lol

I have DR's also... ran them NA and was told to stay away from them with this setup, as now I have a thing called Torque and will break something! :(

Sponsored
OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's 9 sec mph,u are definitely going to have to go lower then 17 psi tire pressure if u want a good 60ft in a stick car.Damm good for the first pass,A 1.6 60ft would have probably put u at a high.9.

Once I get a little seat time and get a track that is working.... step by step...
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] was there and and he was having trouble getting his auto with power get down the track, he advised me that it was sketchy and not to do it... but I still had to try.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Once I get a little seat time and get a track that is working.... step by step...
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] was there and and he was having trouble getting his auto with power get down the track, he advised me that it was sketchy and not to do it... but I still had to try.
You will get there man. It wont be long till its flying!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Good Job !
Not a whipple but I went 10.0@145in my KB car with a 2.66 Magnum XL(3.31 rear)last year .-lets me stay in third @7500

I have since made some changes si (Working 2 step /WOT box ) but since I have started racing my A10/18 I am now scared to get back in it and keep making excuses . Lol

I was going to try the steeda "drag" rear sway bar to see if it will help keep it straight as the last time I was out on 26 inch slicks (and skinnies ) it was all over the place .

Scared the hell out of me at 145+ mph which is why I am afraid to get back in it .

I just need a 9.99 pass and I will probably not race it again after that .I am going to try again with a 27 inch tire but if that does not work then I have 4.10 pumpkin ready to swap in so I can go back to a 28 inch tire .

Why go through all that when you can use the "easy button " aka auto ?

The 18 is stock for now as has only gone 12.3/115 with the A10 -I honestly think that's the most comfortable /funnest speed drag racing - you get to enjoy the speed sensation

Even though my Hellion is faster than the KB car it's only half as scary with the 6r80'- just point and shoot !

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
[MENTION=24357]F1scamp[/MENTION] and here I thought you went 10.20's your first time out lol

So i took a different approach. Crank the power up and get them on the backend. My 2.6 60' on street tires sucks but i run them down like a sob. The track was freshly diamond ground so it is taking time to lay the rubber down bu shes still in the 7s trapping over 100 with a slipping clutch.

Are you catless?

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Got nothing to be ashamed of with that!It takes lots of time to figure out what needs done to get them down the track. Take your time, you'll figure it out.

Nice job!:headbang:
Sponsored