Sponsored

First pass, Second time to track added. More Videos!

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
You can throw a car on the rack, set it perfect, take it for a ride and then throw the heads back on and it will give you different numbers. Just the nature of the beast. Try it out and let us know how it does. Mine rub a touch on hard launch, hasnt hurt anything.
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Is the shops rack calibrated? I was at a ford dealer that showed me having 4 degrees of negative front camber on steeds springs. Went to another dealer down the road and it was within factory spec.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Is the shops rack calibrated? I was at a ford dealer that showed me having 4 degrees of negative front camber on steeds springs. Went to another dealer down the road and it was within factory spec.
Seemed to fix problem. Made some A-B passes. Went 10.5 again w 2.13 60ft @145 mph and backed it with a 10.3@144mph. Just can’t find the sweet spot to hook it. I will post some more videos, some pretty neat racing all out drag cars and gapping them. Also some better in car video being able to hammer out some gears better.

Seat time is key. Also the better shift mph jumps way up. Second gear is a blink of the eye.
Hope you guys enjoy

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Not sure why you can't get your 60 down ? What was the 60' on the 10.3 pass :
Can you post your slips ?

.A 1.6x should not be that hard , which as you know should be enough for that 9 second pass @145 trap .
Have you tried leaving off the 2 step ? Or ask Kelly for Viking settings( I think mine are set to 6C/9R and it's decent )

Your car is probably making about the same power as my KB car which has similar traps .

I am still running a 3.31 rear with my 2.66 Magnum which saves me a shift but it comes out of the hole like a dog . But even with my 3.31's I have been able to get my 60 down to a 1.54 and 1/8 ET of 6.5 although the trap speed is real low (I assume due to the gears ) 104-106 mph .
if I can't get the 1/8 trap up (and 60 lower ) with a 27 inch tire (the 26 was too small /not enough traction ) I was going to swap in a 4.10 but judging by your times I am afraid the extra shift may slow me down .

Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
It looks like you were letting it bog off the line every pass? It seemed to spin on the second gear shift about every time also. You can’t be afraid to break it and go fast.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are a couple of slips. I have tried coming out harder, but it destroys the tires. We are adjusting the shocks, was at 9c,11r and was getting wheelhop. Added 2 clicks of compression and that worked. The surface temps may have something to do with it as in the am is was low 30’s and the high was 50. Autos was hooking fine. I just need to learn to rpm the car and work clutch more. As far as the two step... it hasn’t held my higher launches of 4000, I don’t know if it will be able to hold coming out with 14lbs of boost :confused:

Just need to get gas and clutch just right. NA I have pulled 1.58 and 1.6’s all day long on a radial. Also tires were at 19-20 lbs. Now that the car is going straight I will start lowering the pressure. It’s a process.
86A5DC5A-797C-45B3-96AB-5727E9F844D2.jpeg
1810ED4D-CBFE-4250-81DA-B3D4252E23BA.jpeg

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
34mph backhalf... that is fing impressive. Your going to have to slip the clutch off the two step. Pretend like the clutch is that bitch that dumped you and hate it...

My track rental is this friday.. next weekend I will be posting videos and slips and you will point out my shit.. lol.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another think... hitting the shift points before limiter instantly jumped mph 5 mph! Can wait to see what it will do as I improve.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
34mph backhalf... that is fing impressive. Your going to have to slip the clutch off the two step. Pretend like the clutch is that bitch that dumped you and hate it...

My track rental is this friday.. next weekend I will be posting videos and slips and you will point out my shit.. lol.
Thank you for the advice. I will give it a shot!! Worked NA lol. Maybe that’s what I need to do is load the suspension harder. As far a shifting and driving... still a little room for improvement??

At 4100lbs and 145... it has to be making some power!?!? Need to give up the performance pack brakes... sway bar.. k member lol

I look forward to your videos. I take this as constructive criticism. You guys are great!! It helps.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What was the WOT box at?

Still at .150 or .175. Haven’t even looked yet. No backfires so I must be getting better. Also here is an area of concern. On shifts we saw a spike in boost!! A 35lb spike!!!:eyebulge:

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Think about it this way, thats like an auto car letting off the gas for .450 seconds during the run. Yes, there is a line between as efficent as possible, and breaking shit.. how do you know where it is until you hit it? I used 85ms last time out and am going to try alittle lower this time..

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Id imagine that you could launch it harder. With my 3.73s and mt82 I'm launching at 3500 ish slipping the clutch. I want to shoot for the panda car mt82 record. Just need to get a new clutch in it. Divorce attorney takes 400 an hour tho.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Any updates? I have sold my Racestars and ET Biased R's to fund motor build. I still have my MT DR S/S's and plan on trying them with new combo. I know you have DR's and was wondering how they did.

Thanks
Sponsored