Sponsored

BMR Suspension SP083 Handling Springs, REVISED and Better than Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
So it seems quite a few of you guys have these with Konis and work well.

I assume that something like the Steeda Pro-Action adjustables will also work just as well controlling these springs but be a bit more "forgiving" on the street since from what I've read the Konis are harsher than the pro actions?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So it seems quite a few of you guys have these with Konis and work well.

I assume that something like the Steeda Pro-Action adjustables will also work just as well controlling these springs but be a bit more "forgiving" on the street since from what I've read the Konis are harsher than the pro actions?
Yes probably. They'd certainly go well. I think the best thing you could pair with these at the moment is the Ford Racing track dampers. The car is very taught, responsive and controlled but more comfy than the Koni yellow. [MENTION=9177]Demon Coyote[/MENTION], you agree? Once the Bilstein rears are out there will be another awesome one too.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The Konis I would think are a little harsher.

I'm running Ford Racing dampers and the result is not overly harsh at all, considering. [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] recently switched his Koni rear shocks to Ford Racing and is thrilled with the improvement in ride. He still has Steeda fixed pro-actions which are okay for the front, but he explained that the rear fixed pro-actions do not have enough rebound for these springs. The pro-action adjustables should have plenty of rebound adjustment however.

If you don't plan on adjusting your shocks all the time, the Ford Racing dampers would be a good match for these springs. Comfortable enough to make it livable and enough control to handle well.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
They're supposed to be a dual rate, but acts like a progressive spring. Ask [MENTION=19599]Bluemustang[/MENTION] how much better his car got going to these from the Ford Racing springs...
Yep, my car feels noticeably more composed with the BMR handling springs. The linear rate is a must for this car IMHO. The Ford Racing springs are great setup if you it to handle and not beat you up too bad - but at a price of handling feel.

With the BMR Handling springs the car lacks nothing in the handling feel department. And the Ford Racing dampers feel like a very good match for these springs, something I was concerned about. But Kelly assured me they would be and he was right on the money.

Also - let me just add, the stance looks awesome.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Thanks for the awesome feedback and words gents.

These springs are finally becoming as popular as I was hoping.

What is even cooler?

I am currently sitting here fiddling around with this SAME version....but for MagneRide® equipped cars. :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:

If you ain't first, you're last... :ford:

Sponsored

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yep, my car feels noticeably more composed with the BMR handling springs. The linear rate is a must for this car IMHO. The Ford Racing springs are great setup if you it to handle and not beat you up too bad - but at a price of handling feel.

With the BMR Handling springs the car lacks nothing in the handling feel department. And the Ford Racing dampers feel like a very good match for these springs, something I was concerned about. But Kelly assured me they would be and he was right on the money.

Also - let me just add, the stance looks awesome.
Bluemustang - I ordered the Ford Racing dampers and am trying to make my final decision between the SP083's and the SP763's. I'm considering the 763's over the 083's because my car is supercharged and I'm concerned about the amount of front end drop with the additional weight.

Any thoughts on this?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Bluemustang - I ordered the Ford Racing dampers and am trying to make my final decision between the SP083's and the SP763's. I'm considering the 763's over the 083's because my car is supercharged and I'm concerned about the amount of front end drop with the additional weight.

Any thoughts on this?
Well, first of all - the SP763 will drop 7/8" in the front and 1/2" in the rear.

The new SP083 will drop 7/8" in the front and 3/4" in the rear. So comparatively speaking, in terms of ride height - the SP083s I think will give a better stance front to rear.

Folks I've talked to are not a big fan of dropping a lot in the rear because it is very sensitive to geometry. I have seen no negative effect on mine but BMR does drop 5" on most of their springs. Why the decided to make the rear SP083s drop 3/4" I do not know, you could ask Kelly.

My second thought is - how important is ride quality to you? The SP763s should ride pretty much like stock whereas the SP083s will be considerably stiffer/firmer. Not harsh but stiffer.

IMO you will get better handling with the SP083s and a better ride with the SP783s. I don't have a super charger but my guess would be that the SP083s might handle the additional weight better because of the stiff rates.

In either case, the Ford Racing dampers are an excellent choice IMO. :headbang:

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
We wanted to get a little more drop out of the fronts, so naturally going down "a touch" in the rear was the right thing to do to retain the balance for the guys who are going to be tracking the springs.

The rake on our SP080s is desired..and works, and is well accepted.

At the end of the day, the SP083 is really a "track" spring and being so, we wanted to make sure it is widely accepted among the racers out there.

You will see me posting about this from day 1 on this forum that, we really are not fans of going much past 3/4" on the rears of the S550 - and the 1/2" was done for a few reasons, to include geometry and ALSO for the guys who do the larger staggered and taller rear tires. ;)

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
We wanted to get a little more drop out of the fronts, so naturally going down "a touch" in the rear was the right thing to do to retain the balance for the guys who are going to be tracking the springs.

The rake on our SP080s is desired..and works, and is well accepted.

At the end of the day, the SP083 is really a "track" spring and being so, we wanted to make sure it is widely accepted among the racers out there.

You will see me posting about this from day 1 on this forum that, we really are not fans of going much past 3/4" on the rears of the S550 - and the 1/2" was done for a few reasons, to include geometry and ALSO for the guys who do the larger staggered and taller rear tires. ;)
Thanks for that information Kelly. I was wondering if you can expand your statement about the SP083 being a "track" spring. When BMR designed it, did they do so with the intention of the users only using it for the track, or was there some consideration given to guys who also drive it on the street?

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well, first of all - the SP763 will drop 7/8" in the front and 1/2" in the rear.

The new SP083 will drop 7/8" in the front and 3/4" in the rear. So comparatively speaking, in terms of ride height - the SP083s I think will give a better stance front to rear.

:headbang:
I missed that the NEW SP083's have a different drop than the originals... thank you very much (once again) Bluemustang.

BMR Tech - You may consider updating the sticky for spring rates/drops at the top of the suspension page.. it still has info for the original 83's.

Thanks again.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I missed that the NEW SP083's have a different drop than the originals... thank you very much (once again) Bluemustang.

BMR Tech - You may consider updating the sticky for spring rates/drops at the top of the suspension page.. it still has info for the original 83's.

Thanks again.
Check my big post on Page #10 of that thread for up-to-date rate info as well as some more details you may find useful.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Check my big post on Page #10 of that thread for up-to-date rate info as well as some more details you may find useful.
Just to piggyback on your post, [MENTION=29033]sy1462[/MENTION] - you may want to check out [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION]'s ride frequency spreadsheet which was influential in my decision to switch springs to the SP083s.:cheers:

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks guys, reading the spreadsheet now. Likely going to go ahead and order the 83's. Springs are the last thing I have been dwelling on...

Once again I appreicate the help.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys, reading the spreadsheet now. Likely going to go ahead and order the 83's. Springs are the last thing I have been dwelling on...

Once again I appreicate the help.
You will really enjoy the setup. Firm, taut and composed, but not harsh. It really feels like a sports car.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Doubt I'll change out the rev As to the rev Cs based on my initial review, but looking forward to receiving them. That way if my 305 slicks still rub the inner portion of the outer fender, I can raise the car up a bit with the rev Cs.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.