Sponsored

Has anyone installed the BMR Handling Springs (SP083) with Stock PP Shocks?

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I want to push out the shocks purchase till Koni Yellows arrive so I can better decide whether to go those Vs the FRPP dampers which are reasonably priced.

Any thoughts on how the car drives with the SP083 springs and stock PP dampers?
Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I want to push out the shocks purchase till Koni Yellows arrive so I can better decide whether to go those Vs the FRPP dampers which are reasonably priced.

Any thoughts on how the car drives with the SP083 springs and stock PP dampers?
My two cents....you'd be going from something like 165/728 to 300/980 (if the numbers are correct) rate and that's a pretty big increase for use with the stock dampers, probably why BMR recommends aftermarket dampers with these springs.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
My two cents....you'd be going from something like 165/728 to 300/980 (if the numbers are correct) rate and that's a pretty big increase for use with the stock dampers, probably why BMR recommends aftermarket dampers with these springs.
Rate Shmate, more importantly, can you tell me why you have updated your photo from the mellow Rainier shot to this massive eruption? Freaking out your fellow subduction zone 6ger!

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Rate Shmate, more importantly, can you tell me why you have updated your photo from the mellow Rainier shot to this massive eruption? Freaking out your fellow subduction zone 6ger!
Yeah, kinda hard to do a quake so l gotta change shit up a little. Been looking for a good spot to get both Mt. R and the Mustang together.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
i believe kelly drags and drives his car with pp front struts and viking rear shocks on their springs. may want to ask him how it rides.

Sponsored

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
There is at least one member who runs the handling springs with the stock PP shocks/struts and he said it's an improvement over stock. I think he does autox or HPDE type events too. Can't recall his screen name right now.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
LOL. I think most of us are in the same position as you are. I posted about this also. Called strut/shock makers Koni included. I am running the H&R Sports they are an exceptional spring (had them on 2 other vehicles) and they are German made. They are without a doubt to much for the stock PP struts/shocks and I have been on the fence of going with the Ford Racing struts/shocks. But think I am going to just hold out for Bilsteins or Konis. We will all be sleeping in tents in front of our vendors shop like they do for iPhones once they are released. :lol: I hate driving this car as this suspension is now. I do not feel in complete control. :mad:

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I can't comment on handling spring with PP struts and shocks but on FRP stuts and shocks they are amazing.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
We tested the SP083 for about a month on the PP dampers.

I am EXTREMELY picky....so I was not much of a fan. BUT, I can see where people would love it. As a matter of fact, many BMR employees including out Accountant who is a female, thought it was perfect. Being involved with developing them, it was not quite what I wanted.

I spoke to a few shock manufactures - and based my rates partially due to the information I was given on the valving that will be in them.

In other words, from the data I have - Koni + SP083 is going to be just amazing. This was my primary purpose for the design. ;)

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP

I am EXTREMELY picky....so I was not much of a fan. BUT, I can see where people would love it. As a matter of fact, many BMR employees including out Accountant who is a female, thought it was perfect. Being involved with developing them, it was not quite what I wanted.

I spoke to a few shock manufactures - and based my rates partially due to the information I was given on the valving that will be in them.

In other words, from the data I have - Koni + SP083 is going to be just amazing. This was my primary purpose for the design. ;)
So wait for konis if the handling springs are the goal?

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I need to update that thread. @Simmons Racing has them on stock dampers too.

I'm starting to agree with you. I daily drive my mustang here in Columbus, Ohio, and currently have 245/45 winter tires on my stock PP wheels. I hadn't really hustled the car as you would in the summer, or while racing due to the weather, and winter tires. I've noticed even when not pushing the car, large elevation changes, the car is severely under damped. It's not horrible, and those OK with the factory suspension, will probably be ok with it on these as well, it's just a bit more pronounced now.

Well, last weekend it got up to about 70 degrees and a couple of buddies and I went to a few stores, and got to some highway speeds. Yeah, the shocks certainly aren't up to the task of hustling these beasts around with these springs (id venture to say any uprated spring rate considering I think the car is under damped from the factory).

Keep in mind this isn't to say its all bad. Ride quality is great, normal driving or even intermediate hustling is pretty good. It's the large elevation changes/bumps and high speeds that cause the shocks to show their weakness.

I'll be upgrading to Konis.
Sponsored