Sponsored

Review of BMR handling springs (SP083) paired with the Ford Performance track shocks

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I had reservations that the car was going to be on the limit for road use. But the second I rolled down my driveway I could tell it was not too harsh. The rebound is firm. But the high speed compression is not harsh at all.
I am still on the original wheels and slippery Pirelli tyres. And stock swaybars. And I couldnt be happier. Well maybe once I get the alignment completed and install a firmer front swaybar and then upgrade wheels and tyres and install engine oil cooler from Harrop. And then take it to the track. lol.
Thanks for all the advice on the forum.
Great plan! You have found the same thing many have observed. It makes for a great road handling car. And you don't have to go Grandma soft progressive springs to get it.
Sponsored

buttsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
20200908_064943.jpg

For anyone that is interested. I had my alignment completed yesterday. I have only driven a short distance of some twistys. But it feels awesome. Not possible to induce any real slip on the road I was on. Will have to find out at the track in the future. But car feals fairly neutral atm. A big improvement came when I lowered the tyre pressures to 32psi cold. From 36psi. The car feels heavier on the road at the lower pressure.
Alignment took approx 2 hrs. And I got the subframe and lower control arm bolts all torqued. Due to only personally having a 200nm wrench.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
20200908_064943.jpg

For anyone that is interested. I had my alignment completed yesterday. I have only driven a short distance of some twistys. But it feels awesome. Not possible to induce any real slip on the road I was on. Will have to find out at the track in the future. But car feals fairly neutral atm. A big improvement came when I lowered the tyre pressures to 32psi cold. From 36psi. The car feels heavier on the road at the lower pressure.
Alignment took approx 2 hrs. And I got the subframe and lower control arm bolts all torqued. Due to only personally having a 200nm wrench.
Rear toe looks WAY off/way too much. Also that it's showing negative toe (meaning toe out) is even more concerning.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
. . . I lowered the tyre pressures to 32psi cold. From 36psi. The car feels heavier on the road at the lower pressure.
No surprise there.

Norm

S550_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Awesome!!! It makes me glad to hear this.

A couple things...
I've done some thinking and one thing that I think would make the car easier to drive on corner entry is the non-PP GT swaybar. The bar itself is identical (so identical roll stiffness), but it does not have the integrated 'sticky' bushings that were added to sharpen on-center response. If you don't desire an increase in front bar stiffness, this would be a good suggestion to make it a little easier. I think the next thing to address critique number 2 are the RLCA bearings (BK055 or BK081) and to a much lesser extent, TCA048 vertical links.
WOW, what an awesome thread, this is exactly what I've been looking for!
I think I know what to order for the car, except one thing that hasn't really been addressed....the ideal sway bar set up for the SP083 /Ford Perf Track damper set up....anyone one with expertise or experience with this, I would greatly appreciate the input. My car is a stock GT and I want to get the BMR SP083 with Ford track dampers, BMR IRS braces, toe links, vertical links and ford toe bearing. I'm just not clear on whether or not to get the front and rear BMR sway bars or only the front, it seems like some only do this. By the way the car is a Base GT and the wheels and tires are Apex EC 7 19x10 with 285/35r19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires. My goal is to have the car feel very balanced and sorted. Thanks much in advance to the experts here that take the time to help out an old friend here trying to put together their dream!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I think I know what to order for the car, except one thing that hasn't really been addressed....the ideal sway bar set up for the SP083 /Ford Perf Track damper set up....anyone one with expertise or experience with this, I would greatly appreciate the input. My car is a stock GT and I want to get the BMR SP083 with Ford track dampers, BMR IRS braces, toe links, vertical links and ford toe bearing. I'm just not clear on whether or not to get the front and rear BMR sway bars or only the front, it seems like some only do this. By the way the car is a Base GT and the wheels and tires are Apex EC 7 19x10 with 285/35r19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires. My goal is to have the car feel very balanced and sorted. Thanks much in advance to the experts here that take the time to help out an old friend here trying to put together their dream!
I am running the BMR sway bar on the front and a GT350 base rear sway bar. With this setup it feels pretty balanced to me. The front bar is on the soft setting which feels pretty good but it probably should be on the middle hole and it could be better. I don't think this this car really needs very stiff rear sway bar but some other people feel differently.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
Pics of the EC7’s on the car? Not trying to hijack the thread, just interested in seeing those with that tire size

Sponsored

S550_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Pics of the EC7’s on the car? Not trying to hijack the thread, just interested in seeing those with that tire size
They're on the way, will for sure post as soon as they get here.... t

S550_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I am running the BMR sway bar on the front and a GT350 base rear sway bar. With this setup it feels pretty balanced to me. The front bar is on the soft setting which feels pretty good but it probably should be on the middle hole and it could be better. I don't think this this car really needs very stiff rear sway bar but some other people feel differently.
Sounds good, thanks for getting back so quick on this. My goals are to get rid of the understeer and have the suspension and chassis really outperforming the motor. From all the research I've done The BMR SP083 with Ford Perf Track dampers are the way to go. It seems like Kelly from BMR was implying early on in this thread that he only had the BMR front sway bar and that is what the guys at BMR were running on their S550's, I did send him an email to try to confirm this....will post if I hear back. Thanks again for the help guys, really appreciate it

S550_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Just heard back from Kelly and he recommended the exact same set up as you...I did forget to mention I was planning on using 19x10 wheels with a square stance but he did say ...

"I often use and set people up with a stock bar from a GT PP or a GT350 stock rear bar. Most times with the stock GT rear bar with the BMR set on soft/middle is good. With a stock 350 rear bar, the front BMR bar is usually best in the middle or stiff."

My question now is .... is it possible to buy just the rear sway bar for a GT350 .....all I can find is sold as a set, front and rear?
Thanks!

Sounds good, thanks for getting back so quick on this. My goals are to get rid of the understeer and have the suspension and chassis really outperforming the motor. From all the research I've done The BMR SP083 with Ford Perf Track dampers are the way to go. It seems like Kelly from BMR was implying early on in this thread that he only had the BMR front sway bar and that is what the guys at BMR were running on their S550's, I did send him an email to try to confirm this....will post if I hear back. Thanks again for the help guys, really appreciate it

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running the BMR springs and cb005 too on stock Ford performance pack dampers, PP sway bars and PP wheels. The front end is fine for road use, but the rear is not inspiring confidence. I think the pp dampers just aren’t up to the job. Role stiffness is fine, but the rear is bouncing and feels under damped in some instances on certain roads.
Looking at swapping the rear dampers to Bilstein b6 with the new BMR rear shock mounts. Can anyone comment on this setup vs the ford racing shocks that seem to be recommended by BMR as a good pairing? Where I am, the Bilstein are cheaper and easier to get hold of than the ford racing shocks.
My goal is a comfortable fast road gt without any disconcerting floating feeling… not a track/race car.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Just heard back from Kelly and he recommended the exact same set up as you...I did forget to mention I was planning on using 19x10 wheels with a square stance but he did say ...

"I often use and set people up with a stock bar from a GT PP or a GT350 stock rear bar. Most times with the stock GT rear bar with the BMR set on soft/middle is good. With a stock 350 rear bar, the front BMR bar is usually best in the middle or stiff."

My question now is .... is it possible to buy just the rear sway bar for a GT350 .....all I can find is sold as a set, front and rear?
Thanks!
Good feedback! Ive talked with Kelly a bunch, smart guy and a good guy. Yes it is possible to buy the 350 rear bar only. That's what I did. This may inspire me to stiffen up the front bar. On the road course my setup if anything tendency was slightly towards the oversteer. I'm not a huge fan of stiff sway bars as it feels kind of like a band aid when a stiffer spring could just be used to control roll. But, they both have their uses. I just kinda liked the feel of it on the soft setting for the street. There's not as much side to side motion from hitting one wheel bumps, stuff like that. But, when all out handling perfection is the goal, some of those comforts need to be sacrificed.
Sponsored