Sponsored

2020 GT500 TEASER

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
FINALLY, Ford offers a high performance version (THE high performance version) of the Mustang with an automatic! A true DCT, no less! Time to play with the big boys!
If they had just done that with the GT350, it would have saved me a lot of time and $$$ putting all the GT350 style parts on my GT.
Being an automatic fan currently rules out performance pack 2, the Bullitt, the GT350.

Sorry manual guys, it's time Ford showed us automatic fans some love!
I guess I'm pushing my luck if I also think it might offer adaptive cruise.
I’m just a “commuting my 750hp Mustang to work and back while listening to smooth jazz on Pandora and relaxing with auto cruise” kind of guy. :D
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Maybe a Trackhawk...but then I'll be the guy who's always driving to lunch!

geepaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '15 WRX STI Launch Ed, '03 SVT Cobra (RIP)

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Eh.. guys, do you know what happened with the fender louvers?

I remember hearing about it on this forum, and the spy photos and then suddenly no one talked about it again. (Or maybe I'm not up to date because I lost track of it).
hjjh.jpg

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang

I remember hearing about it on this forum, and the spy photos and then suddenly no one talked about it again. (Or maybe I'm not up to date because I lost track of it).
they are definitely on the car

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
FINALLY, Ford offers a high performance version (THE high performance version) of the Mustang with an automatic! A true DCT, no less! Time to play with the big boys!
If they had just done that with the GT350, it would have saved me a lot of time and $$$ putting all the GT350 style parts on my GT.
Being an automatic fan currently rules out performance pack 2, the Bullitt, the GT350.

Sorry manual guys, it's time Ford showed us automatic fans some love!
No worries. I take satisfaction in actually knowing how to drive :ninja:

JK! A DCT should be sweet!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
DCT would be sweet... as an option.

Sure, DCT is cool and all, but I personally hate the thought of giving up a couple tenths of a second at the track for my enjoyment and engagement while driving. I don't care about impressing other people with how fast my car is, I care about the fun I'm getting out of it

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500

Could just be camo trickery.

They'll definitely be on the car when I see them on the car.

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
That would be nice, but it seems the people with reliable information are all saying that there's no chance it'll be sub-4000, so that destroys my hope a little bit.

I just find it crazy that Ford has been working on their carbon-composite front subframe since the 2000s and even put a production-spec prototype on a fusion 5+ years ago, but won't develop one for their "pinnacle of the S550 chassis". That would so effective not only in terms of weight savings, but weight distribution and to offset the weight of the supercharger and coolers. But hey, guess they gotta fit into a budget, right?

This is true, but your timing it a little off. It was much more recent that Ford and Magna had developed the CFPP subframe with actual production feasibility.

It's all about cost. Even in the sedan slump Ford sells over 3x as many fusions as they do Mustangs. Furthermore electrification gets way more MPG per dollar than light weighting solely.

I can see S650 having carbon throughout some chassis structure if the mustang migrated to a common platform like D6.

From the people I know who are involved with S650 which is still in exterior design phase, it sounds mostly carry over chassis wise as S550 seems to be the constraints they are working around.

A Faster Horse

Strongest Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
DCT would be sweet... as an option.

Sure, DCT is cool and all, but I personally hate the thought of giving up a couple tenths of a second at the track for my enjoyment and engagement while driving. I don't care about impressing other people with how fast my car is, I care about the fun I'm getting out of it
DCT is just as engaging and enjoyable as a manual, even moreso on a track. I don't get people's obsession with manuals, partly due to the fact they haven't tried a DCT and partially due to peer pressure, I feel.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
From the people I know who are involved with S650 which is still in exterior design phase, it sounds mostly carry over chassis wise as S550 seems to be the constraints they are working around.
I thought the '22MY was moving to the CD6 platform....the one that's about to underpin the next-gen Explorer and soon to be seen Lincoln Aviator?

Or perhaps it's CD6 mixed with S550? I mean, you don't throw away stuff that works.....

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
DCT is just as engaging and enjoyable as a manual, even moreso on a track. I don't get people's obsession with manuals, partly due to the fact they haven't tried a DCT and partially due to peer pressure, I feel.

Some people know how to use a clutch and use it daily to soften their ride, or extract the right amount of attitude, etc..

It not the shifting I will miss, it is the feathering-in the power to the wheels & having control of slippage, when I want it.... that I will miss.
Sponsored