GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Latest Update based on teaser

Okay.... I'm marking my territory and reclaiming my work:paddle:;). After seeing what [MENTION=7044]Nameless[/MENTION] did with my original rendering and the positive response that detail received. I decided to make the fender vents more prominent. I was being a bit too subtle. I wanted an OEM quality look, not as easy as adding 2 black lines. Give the people what they want :cheers:
SilverGT500finalclean.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Nice job.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Really? :eyebulge: I think this is my biggest achievement this year I wasn't expecting to be that close hahaha

Okay.... I'm marking my territory and reclaiming my work:paddle:;). After seeing what [MENTION=7044]Nameless[/MENTION] did with my original rendering and the positive response that detail received. I decided to make the fender vents more prominent. I was being a bit too subtle. I wanted an OEM quality look, not as easy as adding 2 black lines. Give the people what they want :cheers:
It looks awesome!

Oh btw I always do all my "modifications" via Paint because I'm "Mr. Paint" :lol:

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Really? :eyebulge: I think this is my biggest achievement this year I wasn't expecting to be that close hahaha

It looks awesome!

Oh btw I always do all my "modifications" via Paint because I'm "Mr. Paint" :lol:
Thanks for pointing me in what seems to be the right direction.
:lol: Yeah, I was also"Mr Paint" two months ago. My 10 year old showed me a better way:shrug:

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Okay.... I'm marking my territory and reclaiming my work:paddle:;). After seeing what @Nameless did with my original rendering and the positive response that detail received. I decided to make the fender vents more prominent. I was being a bit too subtle. I wanted an OEM quality look, not as easy as adding 2 black lines. Give the people what they want :cheers:
Based on 'spy' shots, I'm thinking the fender 'vents' on the current GT350 will be an functional piece on the GT500

Last edited:

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Vents

Based on 'spy' shots, I'm thinking the fender 'vents' on the current GT350 will be an operational piece on the GT500
I’m confused. All the 350 Vents are functional. They ingest, or extract air. Which are you talking about?

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Vents

Well I did not know that.

Disregard.
The original base model 350s that didn’t have the coolers had block-off plates below the turn signals. They’ve since upgraded all production cars with the Coolers. Same for the differential coolers.

The side fender vent ingests and extracts Air from the wheel well via horizontal slots in the Fender Shields. The brake Ducts, inboard of the fangs, ingest Air into a tube that is mated to the fender shield with push pins and exits through the same horizontal fender shield slots.

The only non-functioning item is in the grill on the passenger’s side. Like most S550 Mustangs, the Driver’s side takes in air for the engine Intake or cold air Intake.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
That grill is looking pretty lexusish?

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
The original base model 350s that didn’t have the coolers had block-off plates below the turn signals. They’ve since upgraded all production cars with the Coolers. Same for the differential coolers.

The side fender vent ingests and extracts Air from the wheel well via horizontal slots in the Fender Shields. The brake Ducts, inboard of the fangs, ingest Air into a tube that is mated to the fender shield with push pins and exits through the same horizontal fender shield slots.

The only non-functioning item is in the grill on the passenger’s side. Like most S550 Mustangs, the Driver’s side takes in air for the engine Intake or cold air Intake.
All GT350 had the engine oil cooler. In fact the only place I've seen evidence for the driver side cooler blocking plate is press photos of a GT350 with the blocking plates on both sides. But I know the base model has the oil cooler as I own a 2016 base with it, and had the oil cooler line recall.

Here from Jalopnik.
6320.jpg

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Coolers

All GT350 had the engine oil cooler. In fact the only place I've seen evidence for the driver side cooler blocking plate is press photos of a GT350 with the blocking plates on both sides. But I know the base model has the oil cooler as I own a 2016 base with it, and had the oil cooler line recall.

Here from Jalopnik.
6320.jpg
Thanks.

I based my conclusion on the Block-Off Plate parts being available according to the drawings on Ford Parts. Couldn’t get any, because they had changed to the Cooler parts. Then finally got a set last year when the part numbers showed-up on Ford Parts. The 5.2 Engine Drawings also showed the Oil to Water Cooler, rather than the later Air to Oil Cooler that is now standard.

I decided not to install the Oil to Air at this time, because I’m not going to track the car anymore and for the type of stop and go driving I do, I prefer the Oil to Water which has the benefit of the Radiator Fan providing Air Flow.

I guess you could add a Fan to the small Oil Cooler Radiator. The Auto Transmission already has its Cooler in front of the Radiator, which also benefits from the Radiator Fan.

I might go back to the Block-Off Plates later, if I decide to make Custom Fog Light Housings, but for now, they’re mounted in the Cooling Ducts.

By-the-way, the illustration from Jalopnik is the one from the Build and Price Page, which I could never get to show anything other than the Block-Off Plates. A little Frustrating.

Last edited:

S922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
What are those black spots on the hood next to the vent supposed to be?

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
What are those black spots on the hood next to the vent supposed to be?
Based on the fact that the hood is hidden in the teaser video and some other rumors that there are going to be more hood vents. I modeled the shape of them on the GT4, my skills are not developed enough to render them in more detail and haven't had enough time to sit and figure it out yet. So they serve as a place holder for what might be there.

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
FINALLY, Ford offers a high performance version (THE high performance version) of the Mustang with an automatic! A true DCT, no less! Time to play with the big boys!
If they had just done that with the GT350, it would have saved me a lot of time and $$$ putting all the GT350 style parts on my GT.
Being an automatic fan currently rules out performance pack 2, the Bullitt, the GT350.

Sorry manual guys, it's time Ford showed us automatic fans some love!
Sponsored