Sponsored

2020 GT500 TEASER

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Hey I noticed you are on Team Shelby forum also. I’ve been there since 2007 as mach 1 1970 :cheers:
Don’t forget the Porsche team went to mid-engine lay out on their GTLM 911. They also won yesterday at Sebring.
I don’t think the Ford GT will be IMSA much longer IMO. That’s the rumor mill
The bop in IMSA keeps the GTLM class really tight from race to race. However the Corvette could use some help until the C8 gets here. I will say the corvette has a Hugh fan base @ these races. Much larger then the Ford Mustang. Just look at the corals. Porsche and corvette dominate at Daytona this year. I think it was the first time there was even a mustang/ Shelby coral.
That would certainly be me, I'm also a moderator on the Mach 1 Registry.
Was very disappointed on how the BoP worked out for the Ford team this weekend, and I'm sure the next race will see a swing in a different direction. I'd almost like to see Ford take a stab at the GT-P class and go big for overall wins. Putting a Mustang on track just seems like a no-brainer, and most of us here know the story of how that idea begat the new Ford GT on both the track and the streets.
Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
There are no words......
SilverGT500final1.jpg

Last edited:

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Less than 4000lb for the R? Nah... :lol: even if it was a manual, i don’t think sub 4000 would be likely.
Really???? not even the "R" will be under 4000? :(

the great thing about the 500 is they have overhead to work with for weight savings. I suspect it will be sub 4000 ... unless AWD was approved.
The little thing I know about the S550 is that there is no chance that the S550 will go AWD, not even the S650.

That would be nice, but it seems the people with reliable information are all saying that there's no chance it'll be sub-4000, so that destroys my hope a little bit.
I feel the same way :(

I just find it crazy that Ford has been working on their carbon-composite front subframe since the 2000s and even put a production-spec prototype on a fusion 5+ years ago, but won't develop one for their "pinnacle of the S550 chassis". That would so effective not only in terms of weight savings, but weight distribution and to offset the weight of the supercharger and coolers. But hey, guess they gotta fit into a budget, right?
God damn bean counters.... but you're completely right, they can't do much because of the Budget. It happened something similar with the Hellcat project in FCA.

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Fixed (???) I think that the teaser makes me think it will look more like this:
I agree, and the headlight vents do continue down into the lower bumper area in my rendering based on the teaser. I just think it will be more subtle than your alteration. I found that in my previous renderings based on the teaser video, it becomes far to cluttered when you don't taper the vent into the fender. Also when viewed in 3 dimensions, the lower portion of the bumper protrudes farther forward than the headlight and vents which also make them look more subtle.

intoadaze

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ivann
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0
I don’t think it’s going to look like that, I’m sure there’s something in the middle that Ford is hiding for now until the big reveal, I highly doubt Ford would leave the grille like that on the GT500.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don’t think it’s going to look like that, I’m sure there’s something in the middle that Ford is hiding for now until the big reveal, I highly doubt Ford would leave the grille like that on the GT500.
The Cobra would be lower if that entire area was open.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score