Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I've found nothing yet, but.....

Just me......or has anyone else been playing the video again and again, pausing it to see if there were any hidden (GT500) gems in that "Ford Only" parking garage? :D

zrsqkjnbsq3xlqjncnje.png

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
After a second look, it's honestly a bit underwhelming IMO. It's really nothing you can't already get with the exception of the paint color, not-so-good looking Bullitt wheels, and the emblems and grilles. I do like the gloss lower grille execution, and the chrome grille surround looks good.

But, they missed some chances to make it more unique, instead of a Bullitt 'start up screen' - how lame is that? they could have done a unique UI with the 'retro' style Bullitt gauge layout or font style, at the least. The seats aren't even unique Bullitt seats, just recycled recaros.

It does look good, though.
It costs ~$1M everytime they change cluster software, FYI. Doing a totally unique UI would've been crazy expensive.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Two things I really don't like about it:

1. The black wheel centers. Ugh, but at least the lip is machined. Would have been so much better with the centers dark charcoal gray.
2. The gigantic rear crosshair emblem. Could it be any bigger?!? Small tasteful BULLITT letters similar to those on the '01 decklid would have been much better. The regular GT panel with just those in the center would be killer....

Otherwise it's extremely cool and all, but even as a previous two-time Bullitt owner I don't see dumping my '15 for one.
Ditto here on the wheels. I wish the machined lip extended down into the dish of the wheel hub then matte black the center. My boss's Challenger basically has that design and looks really tight.

Other than that I have no complaints. That sound is awesome and all the little details are just right without being too blingey. Bravo Ford.

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Crossover SUV according to Ford PR.
... There are no words in existence that can suitably respond to this.

I guess the current generation would look weird with a shaker hood, though... (I’m trying to make myself feel better :p )

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=6651]Bullitt[/MENTION], in your video, it looks A LOT like Guard. I'm sure it's got some subtle differences in person, but when I see my car under lights like that when clean, it looks very, very similar. Your thoughts?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Nope.

Significantly bad move.
Actually it's not. Yes for u and I it sucks cause a Mach 1 should be a Stang. However, suv's are what are selling right now. Dodge has a Durango srt, chevy with the Tahoe rst, Ford needs something. They will easily sell 4, 5, even 6+ times the amount of performance suv's vs the amount of Mach 1 Mustang's. So it's really smart for Ford to exploit this but sucks they r so willing to ruin tradition rather than creating something new.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Well, after catching up on everything, I do love the color. I think they could have at least done Bullitt on the seats instead of Recaro. Slap on some badging, wheels, GT350 intake and charge people an outrageous premium. Had I not purchased my car, I would have looked at this, but the price is hard to accept. This would be a great car to not mod, but they just don't hold value like a Shelby does.

Marketing team could have done a little more with the video. Seemed anti climactic.

Glad they kept it a manual like the original. Best decision they made.

I'll keep my modded 2017. For what I paid, the price/performance ratio is unmatched and Grabber Blue is just sexy. For those of you that can afford near GT350 pricing, good luck to you and your wallet.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I think they could have at least done Bullitt on the seats instead of Recaro.
You mean change this embroidery to BULLITT?

jynyfbtbcppc.jpg

I was thinking about that too, it's a simple change since these are specifically made anyway. But I guess there is a marketing deal involved in using the Recaro seats with their name on them, probably similar to the Brembo brakes. Come to think of it with a Recaro and PP equipped GT you are actually buying a multiple advertisement on wheels.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Btw there is a second prototype car around, the one they are driving on the Jay Leno video has regular seats.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You mean change this embroidery to BULLITT?

I was thinking about that too, it's a simple change since these are specifically made anyway. But I guess there is a marketing deal involved in using the Recaro seats with their name on them, probably similar to the Brembo brakes. Come to think of it with a Recaro and PP equipped GT you are actually buying a multiple advertisement on wheels.
Yeah, that exactly. I remember I had a roommate in college around 2003 who got a new Bullitt and I remember his seats being more unique. Seems like they just took a shortcut with this one and said, lets make the Recaro word green with seats we already have!

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Just me......or has anyone else been playing the video again and again, pausing it to see if there were any hidden (GT500) gems in that "Ford Only" parking garage? :D

zrsqkjnbsq3xlqjncnje.png
Tried, but kept getting distracted by Ms McQueen.

Did anyone else find the video a little odd or awkward?

Mustang hauling ass in a parking garage?
Cause thats appropriate and desirable? Lol.
Like a cars n coffee video...

The two guys in a euro looking like... two uhhh guys... in a european car.
So much underlying fun going on in this vid. Lol.
Did they get their cameo credits somewhere?

Anyone else wish they didnt put any “Bullit” marketing on it? Original did not have “Bullit” chromed plastic or door sills. The design stood on its own. Just saying you could (or should be able to) pull all the bullit “branding” and the design stands (like the original). The marketing teams heads would explode if you told them the bullit is unbadged. Lol, or thats what happened and they told design they HAD to have more badging.

Re:Auto.
Of course there will be an auto option. Steve asked if the auto had any performance advantage, I said yes, and he replied “ I would want to drive the auto first myself, but yea, if it performs.” Part that surprised me was he then said very dryly, he’d “give it a hoon and decide”. His nonchalant use of “hoon” like he was making fun of hipsters totally got me and I jolted awake coughing drool all over the bell housing as I tried to sit up while realizing I was still under the car.
(If you pass out tired or drunk under your S550 on jack stands, Steve may visit you in your dreams).

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7

zrsqkjnbsq3xlqjncnje.png
Yes I have been doing the samething. One yellow Mustang in the video is the only one I saw that was a maybe. You see the ass end and it has an odd looking bigger badge but just blurry enough not to make out. Also has a rear spoiler but not over the top like the GT350R.
IMG_9244.PNG

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The two guys in a euro looking like... two uhhh guys... in a european car.
So much underlying fun going on in this vid. Lol.
Did they get their cameo credits somewhere?
Dodge Charger? How could the two guys be in anything else? I will put it down to a Monday morning and you weren't thinking.
Sponsored