Sponsored

CA Dealerships and the FP Power Packs

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
So I just got off the phone with the 3rd local Ford dealership in regards to having an FP PP2 installed in my '17 GT. All 3 have been completely clueless as to what I'm talking about, saying they have never heard of the power packs before.

The other dealerships I've called, no one has answered the phone in any of the departments the operator transferred me to. I sent an email and a voice mail to a guy over 2 weeks ago and still haven't received any response at all.

How the fuck do I get a Ford dealership to install these parts? I'm in SoCal.
Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
ask your service advisor. Mine quoted me $400 for Power Pack 3 install

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
You dont need the dealership to install the power packs to retain your warranty, just an ASE certified tech. Choose a shop of you liking and keep your receipt.

OP
OP
xDUMPWEEDx

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ask your service advisor. Mine quoted me $400 for Power Pack 3 install
I did. Every one I talked to was clueless about it. One even wanted me to start listing off each of the parts in the pack, at which point I said if you have never heard of the Ford Performance power packs, then you clearly don't install them.

If I have to explain part by part what the power pack is, I don't want you touching my car.

I'm probably just going to call a local Mustang performance shop and have them do it.

You dont need the dealership to install the power packs to retain your warranty, just an ASE certified tech. Choose a shop of you liking and keep your receipt.
Thanks, will do. These dealerships are fucking clueless.

Sponsored

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Where are you in Southern .ca? I've talked to several here and they all were familiar with the pp2 installs

OP
OP
xDUMPWEEDx

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Murrieta. The closest 3 to me (Gosch Ford Temecula, Fritt's Ford Riverside, Raceway Ford Riverside) were all clueless. Escondido wouldn't answer the phone after multiple attempts.

Thank you sir.
Talk to Ken Grody Ford in Carlsbad, I'm almost positive they do it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You might also get better service if you want in rather than just calling.

OP
OP
xDUMPWEEDx

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I JUST called one of the dealerships on that list and they just said they don't install the power packs. Holy fucking shit.

Yeah, I'm not driving 35-60 miles one way for them to respond with "Huh? What's that?".
Just because the counter guy doesn't know doesn't necessarily reflect on the mechanic's abilities or knowledge.

I agree it's surprising if they don't know about it, though. I haven't had the best luck with dealership mechanics working on my GT350.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
i remember reading someone had success with this from a long beach dealership i cant remember the name. I just installed it myself honestly, the warranty they continue isnt long anyhow. But if this isn't your thing, just go to a good mechanic or performance shope. Its really quite easy install.

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum 2017 GT/CS
As a thought, you may want to poke around the local subforum for your area. Some folks might know the go to places for getting this done at a great price.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
Try Galpin Ford. Back when Edmunds was marginally creditable, they purchased a 2015 GT PP long term, and performed several performance upgrades: FR Track Pack, exhaust, and short throw shifter. All parts were done via Galpin Ford in LA. https://www.galpinford.com/

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
if you know what parts they are you could always call JBA Speed shop in San Diego. I'm sure they know what it is. Performance mods are their specialty.
Sponsored