Sponsored

CA Dealerships and the FP Power Packs

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
These Power Packs don't look that complicated. I guess we're not allowed to install them ourselves? Per warranty?
Sponsored

div2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M235i
So I just got off the phone with the 3rd local Ford dealership in regards to having an FP PP2 installed in my '17 GT. All 3 have been completely clueless as to what I'm talking about, saying they have never heard of the power packs before.

The other dealerships I've called, no one has answered the phone in any of the departments the operator transferred me to. I sent an email and a voice mail to a guy over 2 weeks ago and still haven't received any response at all.

How the fuck do I get a Ford dealership to install these parts? I'm in SoCal.
It sounds like the dealers in my neck of the woods; refusing to hire employees with opposable thumbs will eventually catch up with them...

OP
OP
xDUMPWEEDx

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
It sounds like the dealers in my neck of the woods; refusing to hire employees with opposable thumbs will eventually catch up with them...
I understand that dealerships hire these buffoons who are willing to wrench on shitboxes day in and day out because that's where all the money is at. But damn, can't they hire a car enthusiast or two? Someone who has at least heard of one of the most popular Ford Performance mods for Mustangs?

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
There was a Doug DeMuro article where he took his Japanese spec R32 GTR in to the local Nissan dealer to have some minor problem looked at, but mostly to see their reaction. Other than some confusion about the VIN not having the right number of digits, they didn't say much. While he was waiting someone in a Sentra or Altima came in to have the dealer attach the license plate. Two screws. It gives some insight into customer quality as well.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I understand that dealerships hire these buffoons who are willing to wrench on shitboxes day in and day out because that's where all the money is at. But damn, can't they hire a car enthusiast or two? Someone who has at least heard of one of the most popular Ford Performance mods for Mustangs?
At the dealership where I bought my Mustang the sales team was full of retards who didn't know anything about the 6th gen, and a few of them tried to convince me the Base model's little display screen was actually a touch screen that could be activated via a download from Ford, and the Base seats were special multiway adjustable that they ordered special from Ford just for their particular lot. I told them to cut out the shit and talk numbers and we came to a deal, but it was awkward to see that my local Ford dealership literally had almost no one who knew anything about Mustangs and they relied entirely on bullcrap salesmanship to drive sales.

Their service department turned out to be a certified Roush and FRPP dealer though, so luckily that side of the dealership was full of enthusiasts who loved to shoot the shit about my car every time I'd bring it in for a mod or some work. I feel your pain though, it was uncomfortable being around "Ford" people who knew zero about their iconic sportscar.

Catax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Galpin Auto Sports quoted me $500 for installing + the oil separator. I decided to do Lund FF however.

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
PP2 is just the GT350 cold air and tb correct? Hit up Lion Built Motorsports in Covina, CA they will get that installed in 20 mins and charge you 10% of what any dealer would. They did my nitrous kit on my V6 and a few things on my 5.0, wonderful guys.

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Same bs in Houston. Called every dealer here and couldn't even get a quote. The one ASE certified shop quoted me 6 hours of labor. So i did it myself in about an hour. For your info, I didn't lose my factory warranty. I just don't get the warranty on the PP2 parts I installed (the intake tube and the throttle body).

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Same bs in Houston. Called every dealer here and couldn't even get a quote. The one ASE certified shop quoted me 6 hours of labor. So i did it myself in about an hour. For your info, I didn't lose my factory warranty. I just don't get the warranty on the PP2 parts I installed (the intake tube and the throttle body).
I'd really rather do it myself than take it to the dealer. Did you just follow the provided instructions?

Sponsored

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
I'd really rather do it myself than take it to the dealer. Did you just follow the provided instructions?
Yep. I think CJPP may have a video on it too. Also I'm sure others on here have posted installation guides and helpful tips. I'll give you one: when removing the sound tube from the firewall, a lot of people just yank until it break and rips out because the nut holding it on is very hard to reach and the stud coming out of the firewall is too long for a socket. I worked it loose with an open ended wrench, then wrapped a rubber band around a socket a few times. Slipped the stud through the socket (no ratchet of course) and onto the nut, then just used my fingers to twist the socket and the nut off with the rubber band providing extra grip. The kit provides a plug for the hole left in the firewall... I put that in place by using a sticky-side out loop of electrical tape on a paint stirrer. A piece of gum would probably work too.

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
Galpin Auto Sports will do it for you. I had mine done there, but I don't know that it's worth it. I'd call local repair shops around you, ask if they have ASE certified techs that would be willing to install parts from Ford Performance.

Make it clear that the stuff you're installing comes from the Ford factory with Ford install manuals, warranties, etc. Make sure you bring your own laptop to flash a tune if you need to. Sign up for your own account on the FP website and download the software yourself. Don't use the shop's under any circumstances, because then the Power Pack will actually be registered to an account they create.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Galpin Auto Sports will do it for you. I had mine done there, but I don't know that it's worth it. I'd call local repair shops around you, ask if they have ASE certified techs that would be willing to install parts from Ford Performance.

Make it clear that the stuff you're installing comes from the Ford factory with Ford install manuals, warranties, etc. Make sure you bring your own laptop to flash a tune if you need to. Sign up for your own account on the FP website and download the software yourself. Don't use the shop's under any circumstances, because then the Power Pack will actually be registered to an account they create.
Now that's interesting, and good know.

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
Installing the powerpacks it’s not hard to do. Frits ford does it but you have to talk to somebody in aftermarket parts not the service center. Call and ask for don

R2 AUTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Fairview Ford in San Bern installed mine...
Sponsored