Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Had a little work done at the dealer this week. Replaced 8 valve stem seals in cylinder 5 and 6 which are the apparent culprits responsible for my high oil consumption ( 41 quarts in 16,000 miles) .Will be closely monitoring consumption if any now. Also had a new AC compressor installed. Blows nice and cold now! Had differential fluid changed ($ 179 Canadian if you were wondering). Had new passenger side quarter panel window installed as the seal was peeling back at the front top and it is all a one piece unit. Had a new front splitter put on as wheel alignment shop dented it on the lift when I put on new tires and had an alignment done last month. This all took place over 4 days at the dealer and upon getting my car back with everthing working great and installed properly I gotta say Orchard ford in Kelowna BC are awesome!!
Sponsored

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Had a little work done at the dealer this week. Replaced 8 valve stem seals in cylinder 5 and 6 which are the apparent culprits responsible for my high oil consumption ( 41 quarts in 16,000 miles) .Will be closely monitoring consumption if any now. Also had a new AC compressor installed. Blows nice and cold now! Had differential fluid changed ($ 179 Canadian if you were wondering). Had new passenger side quarter panel window installed as the seal was peeling back at the front top and it is all a one piece unit. Had a new front splitter put on as wheel alignment shop dented it on the lift when I put on new tires and had an alignment done last month. This all took place over 4 days at the dealer and upon getting my car back with everthing working great and installed properly I gotta say Orchard ford in Kelowna BC are awesome!!
Glad it's all good, but that's a lot. I wonder if my AC needs to be replaced, it's cold but I would expected max AC to be colder. I'll keep the splitter in mind when I get my new set of tires eventually.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Recall done. Took 2.5 hours. Splitter was perfect. They kept it in the service bay until I came to get it. Great service from Joe Cooper Ford of Yukon OK!

SolidZebra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Applied a clear bra...one of the most important accessories for driving on highways here in the tropics
IMG_0571.jpg

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Clear Bra'd the car and added in some side stripes.... going to powder coat the calipers orange to match the GT350 text color
IMG_9275.jpg
IMG_9273.jpg
IMG_9274.jpg

Sponsored

SolidZebra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Clear Bra'd the car and added in some side stripes.... going to powder coat the calipers orange to match the GT350 text color
This must be Shelby clear bra day :)

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Applied a clear bra...one of the most important accessories for driving on highways here in the tropics
Wow, last 3 times i was down there, i couldn't believe how bad the roads were, how do you cope with that ?

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Do those also have to be torqued to 150lbs and if so how easy is it. I reinstalled my stock wheels after ceramic coating this weekend and I couldn't get one lug to reach that torque level. :headbonk:
Eat your veggies and hit the gym bro... :lol:

150 lb-ft is a lot, but was easily achievable when I took mine off to clean them. And I used a certified torque wrench as well, about 20-24" long if I had to guess. If your wrench can be set to that high a limit, it shouldn't be too short, just takes a little muscle :D

SolidZebra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Wow, last 3 times i was down there, i couldn't believe how bad the roads were, how do you cope with that ?
Yes there are bad roads here, crazy drivers and drainage dips in the middle of some roads that swallow fender splitters. Luckily there are a few good curvy roads in the central mountains, an excellent road to Samana with smooth sweepers, a good smooth highway to the beaches in the east and a decent highway to the southwest. On the bright side, speed limits are rarely enforced, And there are track days almost every weekend.

In the city for rush hour a small car is the best weapon. Our MINI JCW scoots around other cars and slices through small gaps in traffic. Street vendors usually ignore the MINI and head straight for the large SUVs. For "serious" meetings with clients and highway driving I use our sedan. And for fun on the roads I mentioned above, now it's the Shelby (used to be our 997S, now for sale).

So...yes it can be a bit complicated, but manageable if you have the right weapons!

Steve

PS: if you head down here again and would like to go for a drive give me a heads up

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Eat your veggies and hit the gym bro... :lol:

150 lb-ft is a lot, but was easily achievable when I took mine off to clean them. And I used a certified torque wrench as well, about 20-24" long if I had to guess. If your wrench can be set to that high a limit, it shouldn't be too short, just takes a little muscle :D
It's also 150 +/- 15, so >135 is OK, too.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
PS: if you head down here again and would like to go for a drive give me a heads up
Noted, thanks for the offer. :thumbsup:

You probably own the only GT350 on the Island ! On a side note, i was totally amazed when i saw a '15 GT down in St-Maarten.:eyebulge:
Sponsored