Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I got mine done yesterday. I'm pretty certain that they did not remove the splitter (same squished bug between the splitter and bumper).

Is it possible to do another way?
Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I got mine done yesterday. I'm pretty certain that they did not remove the splitter (same squished bug between the splitter and bumper).

Is it possible to do another way?
Had mine done today.

If it were me doing it I would pul off the driver side wheel and fender liner. Wouldn't touch the splitter. I am guessing that is how they did yours.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Found some stuff

In prep for the oil line recall work and because I don't trust the dealer 100% I decided to remove the front splitter and belly pan this way I can install it back on the car myself. Found some problems:

1) when the car was received by the dealer they missed installing (4) screws and clips for the splitter.
2) didn't push the splitter front tabs into the bumper except for one. :doh:
3) like a couple of others it looks like my radiator is weeping coolant. I took plenty of pictures showing everything and to help guard against the dealer claiming I damaged the radiator.
IMG_3257.jpg

R1Jester

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r1jester.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Well back to the dealer for me. Looks like I have an oil leak on one of the lines going into the casting near the oil filter. Not sure if it's a bad seal or just not "tight".

Only noticed when I had the car in the driveway, the slight angle allowed the oil to run off the back of the belly pan. Pretty annoyed with it all right now. Anyone else have this problem?

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
Well back to the dealer for me. Looks like I have an oil leak on one of the lines going into the casting near the oil filter. Not sure if it's a bad seal or just not "tight".

Only noticed when I had the car in the driveway, the slight angle allowed the oil to run off the back of the belly pan. Pretty annoyed with it all right now. Anyone else have this problem?

What dealer did you use? I need to get mine done and may 'avoid' those guys. :doh:

Sponsored

Bob S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Package

Yup.

I really dreaded taking my car to the dealer for this recall, and the process ended up being even worse than I expected (and I had pretty low standards).

First, I scheduled the service appointment after being told the lines were in stock. Got there first thing in the morning, because I'd be waiting for the car and I wanted my car to be the first one the mechanic worked on that day. After waiting for about an hour, the service advisor comes up to me with my key fob in hand. "All done?," I asked. "No," he said, "we don't have the parts after all. We'll have to re-order them for your car." Needless to say, I was not amused.

A week later, I get a card in the mail from the dealer saying the parts are now in stock. I re-scheduled the appointment with the same service advisor, and, once again, showed up first thing in the morning to get the car fixed while I waited. After about 2-1/2 hours, the service advisor comes back and says the car is done. I drive home. Two days later, I pull out of my garage to see a small pool of oil under the car.

I call a buddy of mine who has a lift, and went over to his place to check the car out. Sure enough, oil is dripping out the back of the belly pan. We open the oil filter hatch in the belly pan, and can see oil leaking where the oil cooler lines come into the engine. Also, we note that the dealer mechanic left out one of the screws and its associated clip that secure the belly pan.

Back to the dealer. They put it on a lift, and agree the replacement oil lines are leaking (of course, the original "defective" lines had never leaked a drop). The service advisor says to me, "We'll have to order another set of replacement lines for your car." At this point, I'm on the verge of blowing up, "You mean its going to take four visits to this dealership to get this recall done?" The service advisor scurries off to talk to their parts department. It turns out that the parts department has a set of the replacement lines in stock that were reserved for another customer, so they used them on my car instead.

Since then, I've seen no evidence of further leakage. I did get them to replace the missing screw and clip on the belly pan, and they didn't mess up the front splitter removal and re-installation, so at least I was lucky in that regard.

Here's hoping the car never has to go back to the dealer.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

probably pinched the o-ring packing during installation. BASTARDS!!!!

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Had a fantastic experience this AM.
Well, the first time they had me come in because they said they had the part in stock. I get there and my car's on the lift and they come back and say they don't have the part.
Fast forward to this AM. I drop the car off and requested to see the splitter install once completed. After a short while, a different service advisor finds me and says I could shadow the tech if I wanted. Hello yeah I do! My tech was very thorough. Checked for leaks multiple times on and after start up. He replaced all the C clips with new ones, and replaced a missing bolt that the original dealer missed. He thoroughly wiped down the underside of the motor. I had a great conversation with several of the techs in the area. Great experience.
I thought customers weren't allowed back in the service area, but so happy they did. It gave me great piece of mind.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The local dealer swapped out my oil cooler lines today. They also replaced one of my Magneride shocks that was leaking fluid.

I left the splitter and front belly pan off the car after my transmission replacement to make this job easy for them.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The local dealer swapped out my oil cooler lines today. They also replaced one of my Magneride shocks that was leaking fluid.

I left the splitter and front belly pan off the car after my transmission replacement to make this job easy for them.
...and my new lines are leaking. :doh:

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Yup.

I really dreaded taking my car to the dealer for this recall, and the process ended up being even worse than I expected (and I had pretty low standards).

First, I scheduled the service appointment after being told the lines were in stock. Got there first thing in the morning, because I'd be waiting for the car and I wanted my car to be the first one the mechanic worked on that day. After waiting for about an hour, the service advisor comes up to me with my key fob in hand. "All done?," I asked. "No," he said, "we don't have the parts after all. We'll have to re-order them for your car." Needless to say, I was not amused.

A week later, I get a card in the mail from the dealer saying the parts are now in stock. I re-scheduled the appointment with the same service advisor, and, once again, showed up first thing in the morning to get the car fixed while I waited. After about 2-1/2 hours, the service advisor comes back and says the car is done. I drive home. Two days later, I pull out of my garage to see a small pool of oil under the car.

I call a buddy of mine who has a lift, and went over to his place to check the car out. Sure enough, oil is dripping out the back of the belly pan. We open the oil filter hatch in the belly pan, and can see oil leaking where the oil cooler lines come into the engine. Also, we note that the dealer mechanic left out one of the screws and its associated clip that secure the belly pan.

Back to the dealer. They put it on a lift, and agree the replacement oil lines are leaking (of course, the original "defective" lines had never leaked a drop). The service advisor says to me, "We'll have to order another set of replacement lines for your car." At this point, I'm on the verge of blowing up, "You mean its going to take four visits to this dealership to get this recall done?" The service advisor scurries off to talk to their parts department. It turns out that the parts department has a set of the replacement lines in stock that were reserved for another customer, so they used them on my car instead.

Since then, I've seen no evidence of further leakage. I did get them to replace the missing screw and clip on the belly pan, and they didn't mess up the front splitter removal and re-installation, so at least I was lucky in that regard.

Here's hoping the car never has to go back to the dealer.
Bob, Sounds like a lousy experience. May be a little hike for you but in the future consider Bozard Ford in St. Augustine. Service advisor Colby was awesome. He let me simply text him a photo of VIN and Odometer reading so he could order the parts, then sent me a text when they arrived. He had a free loaner car (well, a new F150, lol) waiting for me when I brought the car in. He has a tech with particular interest and knowledge of the GT350, who personally owns a GT500 so you know the guy touching your car will respect it.

Bob S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Package
Bob, Sounds like a lousy experience. May be a little hike for you but in the future consider Bozard Ford in St. Augustine. Service advisor Colby was awesome. He let me simply text him a photo of VIN and Odometer reading so he could order the parts, then sent me a text when they arrived. He had a free loaner car (well, a new F150, lol) waiting for me when I brought the car in. He has a tech with particular interest and knowledge of the GT350, who personally owns a GT500 so you know the guy touching your car will respect it.
Thanks, I just may do that in the future.

My2017CamaroZL1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
I have not tried to get mine fixed, but my brother tried to get his fixed and the dealer is also stringing him along, saying they have to inspect it first and will only replace if they see signs of it failing.

They even said this was explicitly detailed in the recall notice, I have not read anything along those lines
Before I sold my GT350 Tech Pack, I went to MyFordPlace or whatever and my recall had been dropped. So they would not have fixed mine at all. Did this happen to anyone else?

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Had a fantastic experience this AM.
Well, the first time they had me come in because they said they had the part in stock. I get there and my car's on the lift and they come back and say they don't have the part.
Fast forward to this AM. I drop the car off and requested to see the splitter install once completed. After a short while, a different service advisor finds me and says I could shadow the tech if I wanted. Hello yeah I do! My tech was very thorough. Checked for leaks multiple times on and after start up. He replaced all the C clips with new ones, and replaced a missing bolt that the original dealer missed. He thoroughly wiped down the underside of the motor. I had a great conversation with several of the techs in the area. Great experience.
I thought customers weren't allowed back in the service area, but so happy they did. It gave me great piece of mind.
EDIT: I jacked the car up and opened my filter door. There was a small oil droplet at the bottom of the area where the line goes into the engine. Also a small wet spot on the inside of the access door. Nothing like what some of you guys experienced. Wondering if this was just from the install?....or if it's actually leaking? I'll continue to monitor for now.

EDIT: checked the lines after a few days of driving...all quiet on the western front.

Last edited:

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
EDIT: I jacked the car up and opened my filter door. There was a small oil droplet at the bottom of the area where the line goes into the engine. Also a small wet spot on the inside of the access door. Nothing like what some of you guys experienced. Wondering if this was just from the install?....or if it's actually leaking? I'll continue to monitor for now.
I noticed the same and assume it is just from the line swap. Will put it on the lift in a week or two and make sure not wet anymore.
Sponsored