Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Anyone know what the lead times have been like for these lines? The dealer ordered my parts over a week ago and nothing...I hope this isn't like my RS where parts are back ordered for months...sheesh....
Sponsored

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
EDIT: I jacked the car up and opened my filter door. There was a small oil droplet at the bottom of the area where the line goes into the engine. Also a small wet spot on the inside of the access door. Nothing like what some of you guys experienced. Wondering if this was just from the install?....or if it's actually leaking? I'll continue to monitor for now.

EDIT: checked the lines after a few days of driving...all quite on the western front.
Where did you take your car for the recall work. I'm probably going to just do mine myself. I really don't want anyone to touch my car. I would be sick if they mess it up. I'm even weird about how the doors get opened and closed....

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Where did you take your car for the recall work. I'm probably going to just do mine myself. I really don't want anyone to touch my car. I would be sick if they mess it up. I'm even weird about how the doors get opened and closed....
Classic Ford in Mentor Ohio.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Called to schedule my recall service this morning. They said I would have to bring the vehicle in first for inspection before they can order the parts... Does this seem correct? Or do certain dealerships operate differently? Not happy because now I have to make two trips.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Called to schedule my recall service this morning. They said I would have to bring the vehicle in first for inspection before they can order the parts... Does this seem correct? Or do certain dealerships operate differently? Not happy because now I have to make two trips.
Going through it right now myself. I wasn't asked to have a pre-inspection, Once they verified my VIN and the recall attached parts were ordered.

Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
All they really need is the VIN number, pre inspection won't tell them anything!

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
This dealership has really good reviews on yelp and google so I'll play their game. Plus the first visit will give me a chance to meet people and find out who will be performing the work.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
My service advisor let me text him photos of the VIN and Odometer reading and with that was able to order parts.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
No it is not correct. There are a lot of dealerships that are doing this wrong. They are to be replaced no matter what they look like per the recall. It is amazing that they can't figure this out.

I called my dealer ahead of time just to make sure the parts were in. They were not, but they ordered them and they arrived quickly. Once they called and said they were in, I brought my car in and it was done the same day.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Getting my done on Friday. They had the parts, well, what's left.

Question? if you have an Expel wrap, is their a risk of damage to the wrap? I have my entire front end, bumper, hood, and fenders wrapped. Just worried that I will have loose pieces of Expel dangling in the wind afterwards.

Thank you.

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Going through it right now myself. I wasn't asked to have a pre-inspection, Once they verified my VIN and the recall attached parts were ordered.
I had to do the same thing. Its no big deal just do it. It will give you a chance to let your service adviser know how particular your are going to be and that you will check to make sure the recall is done properly.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Judging from the stories here, I guess I was one of the lucky ones (thanks to [MENTION=18204]lemers[/MENTION]). Dealer ordered parts ahead of time and set an appointment. Mine was the 5th or 6th GT350 the dealer had worked on--so many they lost count. They did the oil cooler lines, and I asked them to check on the 3rd gear rattle and some wind noise I have on the driver's side. He checked it out and without question ordered a new shifter and new weather strip. I also had them change brake, transmission, and differential fluids. Altogether, it came to 283Euro ($300). 80+ of that was diff gear oil, because I didn't bring my own (ouch). Able to walk back and watch at will, which included watching them kit out a brand new Focus RS or hill racing. All that in less than 3 hours.

Took it into the hobby shop and put it on the lift afterwards to look at the splitter. It was perfect, as was everything else. Great shop...good cappuccino too...

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Going to call them back and see if I can have the parts ready, they didn't ask for my VIN which is what threw me off, this time I'll be giving them my VIN to look up.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
They are supposed to inspect it first to see if it is leaking. Those that are actually leaking get expedited shipping and repair. Those not leaking are supposed to wait until the end of the recall. A good dealer will "take care of you" and get the parts quickly.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Getting my done on Friday. They had the parts, well, what's left.

Question? if you have an Expel wrap, is their a risk of damage to the wrap? I have my entire front end, bumper, hood, and fenders wrapped. Just worried that I will have loose pieces of Expel dangling in the wind afterwards.

Thank you.
They only have to remove the splitter and the belly pan. So it shouldn't be a problem with your wrap.
Sponsored