Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Looks like the mini HVAC controls got a lot more functional. If you're able to push on the vent direction buttons without opening the full UI, then that's a step in the right direction.
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Ok [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION], how do we get this launcher on the Gen 1's now, cause I love that bottom AC view! :thumbsup:
What view do you have. I changed it in the system settings of the unit. There are two UI options that are in Chinese. I just went through all of them. Some changed the top bars, some changed the climates, etc. You just have to play around. Each time you change them you need to reboot the unit.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
What view do you have. I changed it in the system settings of the unit. There are two UI options that are in Chinese. I just went through all of them. Some changed the top bars, some changed the climates, etc. You just have to play around. Each time you change them you need to reboot the unit.
It's the one you had originally actually, with the big fan icon in the middle and the skinny - / + bars on either side.

And where in the settings exactly are the UI changes?? I never noticed that in there. Maybe it's only a gen2 thing?

Let me know where you found them and I'll see if I have that section as well :thumbsup:

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
It's the one you had originally actually, with the big fan icon in the middle and the skinny - / + bars on either side.

And where in the settings exactly are the UI changes?? I never noticed that in there. Maybe it's only a gen2 thing?

Let me know where you found them and I'll see if I have that section as well :thumbsup:
Yes. I would actually like to get that back. I haven't been able to. I think that has to do with the Car Num type which if you don't mind, tell me what yours is set on before changing anything. It will show you when you first enter the system settings.

What you need to do is goto the app list on your top tool bar and go to the play store and download a launcher. I used NovaLauncher because I've used that plenty when I had Android phones.

Once that is loaded go to the home screen and it will prompt which launcher. Choose Nova but don't make it default choose just once. Then once that is loaded you will have your home screen. On the dock bar click the circle with the boxes. This will show all the apps on the unit. Click the FactoryMode gear icon.

This will load factor mode settings. First screen is the main UI. This will change the theme I believe. i think this is where I lost the original layout the unit was shipped with. Let me know what yours says. It will have a switch beside it saying default logo.

Anyways, go down to the System Set tab and you will see the UI settings. Set them to what mine are in the images and reboot the machine. That should change them.
IMG_1465.JPG
IMG_1466.JPG
IMG_1467.JPG
IMG_1470.JPG
IMG_1471.JPG
IMG_1468.JPG

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Did anybody else get a weak radio signal after install?
Nope. Did you plug the antenna firmly into the plug? You got to pull the hardness off the frame. There are rubber grommet things that keep it tight. Once you break them off you can reroute the wires to easily reach the antenna plug.

shownlow2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
Nope. Did you plug the antenna firmly into the plug? You got to pull the hardness off the frame. There are rubber grommet things that keep it tight. Once you break them off you can reroute the wires to easily reach the antenna plug.
Thanks I'll check it

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Thanks I'll check it
This is the only image i have but it's back there. The white rubber screw thing that you gotta pop loose.
1497320841.IMG_1265.jpg

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I dont recall having the "UI Style" and "UI Num" options on my Gen1.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Look at what came in the mail today!!! Jerry seems just as excited and curious as I am lol
IMG_5396.jpg

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Took me 3 hours to do this... and I only cursed the universe 200 times... for some reason, the center console just wasnt budging out of place.... but I managed to do it in the end... I was able to test the sound and the back up camera, everything seemed to be working. I also received my front camera, I routed it through the firewall but didnt get a chance to test it.... Then I looked at the clock and it said 3 am... I have work at 9:30am.. So I'm going to bed and taking my brothers car to work in the morning.... I'm really impressed at how this unit responds, even my brother who owns a BMW was impressed as hell. I'm gonna be counting the seconds until I get off work and get my hands on this unit and play with it !!!

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Yes. I would actually like to get that back. I haven't been able to. I think that has to do with the Car Num type which if you don't mind, tell me what yours is set on before changing anything. It will show you when you first enter the system settings.

What you need to do is goto the app list on your top tool bar and go to the play store and download a launcher. I used NovaLauncher because I've used that plenty when I had Android phones.

Once that is loaded go to the home screen and it will prompt which launcher. Choose Nova but don't make it default choose just once. Then once that is loaded you will have your home screen. On the dock bar click the circle with the boxes. This will show all the apps on the unit. Click the FactoryMode gear icon.

This will load factor mode settings. First screen is the main UI. This will change the theme I believe. i think this is where I lost the original layout the unit was shipped with. Let me know what yours says. It will have a switch beside it saying default logo.

Anyways, go down to the System Set tab and you will see the UI settings. Set them to what mine are in the images and reboot the machine. That should change them.
Yeah, I don't have the ability to change the UI style in that menu. Dunno if it has something to do with the updated file from Stang. The next and right arrows do not change either the UI Num or Style.

FYI, you can get to that menu without having to go through another launcher. It's the "secret" menu mentioned on Stang's site. Go to the "System infor" tab in the regular settings and press and hold anywhere on the text that appears for a few seconds. Then enter code 7890 :thumbsup:

Below is that my settings look like. If you use the Google Translate app you can see exactly what the different UI options mean, if you have different ones to scroll through. See screen shot below as well.
IMG_20170612_222525.jpg
IMG_20170612_222551.jpg
Screenshot_20170612-222748.jpg