Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Lol, slow down there a bit. I likely won't be using this unit too much longer, I'm waiting on the radio bezel, then I'm going to Sync3....unless this unit starts to impress me enough to not want my buttons and knobs back. But I'm happy to help where/when I can.
Sponsored

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Lol, slow down there a bit. I likely won't be using this unit too much longer, I'm waiting on the radio bezel, then I'm going to Sync3....unless this unit starts to impress me enough to not want my buttons and knobs back. But I'm happy to help where/when I can.
Do let us know how carplay and AA feel! And if HD radio is worth it!

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
[MENTION=29138]Drivinglesson[/MENTION], sorry for the delay. Yes, it finally updated but it was weird. I got the installing screen and it seemed to lock. After awhile the car turned off (10 minute timer I think). So I pulled the thumbdrive out and re-inserted and the HU wouldn't recognize it, gave me a weird error screen. Turned everything off, opened door, then it booted normal with the update. So it was far from a smooth installation.
[MENTION=22748]soldier989[/MENTION] next time I just may do that! I'm in Dayton, not far at all.

Now, how would I remove the MPH and put something in its place on the home screen?

[MENTION=26850]bhooray[/MENTION], go to the Google Play Store and download a launcher. I started with the One launcher, and recently switched to Nova launcher; both work great. Glad you got it done.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6

:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge: WHAT IS THIS

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
HELP! lol

Can't figure out how to release the one harness on the factory unit, anybody around right now?!?

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Which harness?
It's the one that is on the drivers side, above the USB one I unplugged. The wiring comes in from the side instead of the back if that makes sense..

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I'm working on a premium unit btw, not sure if the non-premium cars have the same plug or not...

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Got it! Had to put a small pair of channel lock pliers on it...

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Manufacturer contacted me to know if I had 5 more people to buy the HU lol. He has it Carbon and Red Carbon apparently. He sent me a picture last time. I'll upload it tomorrow.

wortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 16
That Carbon version looks good.
So yesterday I ran into same issue as some people here where Hazards turn on after shutting down the car. Had to leave it like that for an hour. Switched it from Mustang HI to Mustang. Drove home and it stopped going off. Hopefully it doesn't do it again. Was planning to program the As build data for track and other modes to work but afraid the mode button will do this hazard craziness :crazy: again.

Focuztyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Well, 4 weeks have passed since I sent the unit to Liu and I have not received a replacement nor a confirmation of shipment for my DOA unit. He won't even tell me directly when or IF I will be receiving a replacement. This has turned out to be a shit show from the very beginning hat I bought this unit......

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Well, 4 weeks have passed since I sent the unit to Liu and I have not received a replacement nor a confirmation of shipment for my DOA unit. He won't even tell me directly when or IF I will be receiving a replacement. This has turned out to be a shit show from the very beginning hat I bought this unit......
Same thing here. We agreed on a refund before, since it has so many issues on a Premium. Now that he has confirmed he received my shipment, he refuses to give me the refund and says he can ship me a new unit (which I don't want).
Sponsored