Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I finally saw the 2018 refreshed car live at the NY auto show.

As a non current car owner, I really liked it!
The rear wing doesn't look tacked on but I would opt not to have it.
The color stood out, but again, not my taste. it's one of the "look at me" colors and was a good choice for an auto show as it draws attention. The Shelby next to it didn't pop like the Mustang.
(I am older and want to "blend" rather than stick out so metallic gray or black suites me better than bright colors and wings.)

The controversial front end, (mostly to current owners it seems) looked fresh and modern.

Does it look like a bad ass muscle car or modern sports car? I would say it is trending towards a modern sports coupe and maybe Ford is leaving the bas ass looks to the Shelby. (Seems logical)

So, I am eagerly awaiting for the order banks to open and configure it to my liking.....the many new options and improvements are exciting!
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Honestly, the 2018 looks sooooooooooooooo much better.

Initially, not many people were happy about the 2015 once pics began to show up. In fact, it wasn't until many seen it in person before many minds had changed.

It isn't debatable really... when you see them side by side, the improvement is obvious. Sure, the 1965-'66 sold more but the '68 was when the Mustang turned it up visually.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Don't shoot me, but I actually like the clear rear lights (fits very well with Magnetic).
I'll admit....they've grown on me. A lot. In fact, as every lamp is clear (front turn signals.....and even the reflector in the headlamp is clear instead of amber) it's good that there's continuity on the '18 export models.

My only real problem is one of heritage. Mustangs should have red tails.

Deal breaker? Not a chance. Just a tad disappointing :)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The 2017 was pretty much the same as the 2015/2016 cars with the difference being software and a few other small changes.
Wat????

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Clear taillights and fake gascap look even worse on the rear than on the 2015 model :headbonk:
But I really like the new diffusor and rear spoiler - And that we finally get a spoiler on the EU model

A quick comparison

attachment.jpg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The 2015-2017 Mustangs were basically the same cars with only minor changes in Infotainment software and color choices.

Nevermind, I misunderstood what you posted.

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Saw what might have been a 2018 PP2 car today in whitelake. Silver with at least a right black fender with what appeared to be a pretty aggressive wheel and tire combo. The tires appeared to be just proud of the body work.

Looked pretty good.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
I finally saw the 2018 refreshed car live at the NY auto show.

As a non current car owner, I really liked it!
The rear wing doesn't look tacked on but I would opt not to have it.
The color stood out, but again, not my taste. it's one of the "look at me" colors and was a good choice for an auto show as it draws attention. The Shelby next to it didn't pop like the Mustang.
(I am older and want to "blend" rather than stick out so metallic gray or black suites me better than bright colors and wings.)

The controversial front end, (mostly to current owners it seems) looked fresh and modern.

Does it look like a bad ass muscle car or modern sports car? I would say it is trending towards a modern sports coupe and maybe Ford is leaving the bas ass looks to the Shelby. (Seems logical)

So, I am eagerly awaiting for the order banks to open and configure it to my liking.....the many new options and improvements are exciting!
I agree with your sentiment -- maybe b/c I'm not a current owner either.

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
That doesnt make any sense. We didnt see any HP gain between '15-'17. '18-'19 cars will be the same. 465 is a reasonable bump and I think that might be the final outcome. '20 mustang will probably have a slight increase in HP (unless they try to add turbo)
Why would Ford upgrade the engine again in the same gen for model year '20 when the next gen is scheduled to be unveiled in 2020 for the '21 model year? I bet the '18-'20 will remain the same powertrain-wise until the next gen is released.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I think 455 is too low for all the work they're doing to the motor. And not many people are mentioning the torque which is where i believe the bigger gain will be. The way I see it, the 18 got a lot of changes that people wanted or complained about. Ive seen a good amount of complaints of no low rpm torque. I think the big gain is going to be there. And even if they give the car 455 hp and 440tq will it even at least keep up with a 2 year old camaro? Wouldnt that be really dissapointing if the camaro still beats it after the mustang got a totally redesigned motor plus DI PI plus the ten speed auto? I really think the hp is gonna be closer to 470 and tq close to 440.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Why would Ford upgrade the engine again in the same gen for model year '20 when the next gen is scheduled to be unveiled in 2020 for the '21 model year? I bet the '18-'20 will remain the same powertrain-wise until the next gen is released.
You obviously have not been watching....Ford have already officially announced they are not only upgrading the 2018 engine, it is completely new "thoroughly reworked" (except the Crankshaft) - see page one of this thread, and:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...stang-design-technology-performance.html.html

"Ford’s legendary 5.0-liter V8 engine has been thoroughly reworked. It is more powerful and revs higher than any Mustang GT before. This power increase was achieved with the first application for Mustang of Ford’s new dual-fuel, high-pressure direct injection and low-pressure port fuel injection on a V8 engine – delivering robust low-end torque, high-rpm power, and improved fuel efficiency."
Sponsored