Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
is it just me or the angle but either the guy looks like he is 9 feet tall or the car is 1/5 scale...something just looks funny...
Since Asians are pretty small, the car is 30% smaller in China... :D
Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Is that Kona or lightning blue? I can't tell.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Seems Justin isn't totally won over by the front end................yet ;)

Some great footage here though :)

[ame]

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Thanks for the video......hard to tell, but I reckon they're still clear (as they look pink when lit) :(
Don't tail lights and brake lights have to illuminate 'red'? Somehow I don't see 'pink' cutting it.

Norm

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

He pretty much nailed it. Front is a take it or leave it piece. Tires are a big upgrade. Rear looks amazing. But to be fair the rear of the 15-17 is one of the best on the planet already.:thumbsup:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
That spoiler needs to go. I don't know what they were thinking with that.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This probably has a lot to do with growing up in the 70s. But I wish they'd offer a decent duckbill spoiler stock. That was one of the first visual mods I did.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes

They are not doing themselves favors by putting that orange front and center everywhere. I get that some people may like it, but it's a polarizing color, a lot of people will hate it. I liked the color matched rear diffuser better than the black plastic. I've come to hate all exterior black plastic. Virtually impossible to keep looking good in the long run.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I was at the New York show yesterday. I can say that I finally like the front bumper, especially in person. I still think the the hood vents are a train wreck. I kept comparing them to other manufacturers vehicles on display (and to the GT350) and I just don't understand how they came up with the tacked-on piece as being a relevant design. I still like the body color insert on the rear bumper of the 15-17 better. Change for the sake of change? That big old Challenger always did have a street presence that I just can't shake, unless they do a Mach1. But I fear the Mach1 would be a 50K car. Don't make me go to the dark side for the first time ever.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
That big old Challenger always did have a street presence that I just can't shake, unless they do a Mach1. But I fear the Mach1 would be a 50K car. Don't make me go to the dark side for the first time ever.
Don't go to the dark side! Challenger certainly looks tough and has some great performance when you choose the 6.4L or 6.2L Hemi's, but at the end of the day still has some quality quirks. I own a '14 Mustang GT and a '16 Challenger Scat Pack (6.4L Hemi). Both are great performers and I like them each for slightly different reasons, but the Dodge isn't quite the quality of the Ford.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
They're certainly on the pink side of red, to my eyes at least :(
More like the red side of pink if you ask me. These were mine before I dumped them for a proper set of US tails. They are absolutely horrible and disgrace every single export spec car.
2015120106.jpg

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
They are not doing themselves favors by putting that orange front and center everywhere. I get that some people may like it, but it's a polarizing color, a lot of people will hate it. I liked the color matched rear diffuser better than the black plastic. I've come to hate all exterior black plastic. Virtually impossible to keep looking good in the long run.

I went to the NYC auto show today specifically to see the 18 and this color. In some photos orange fury looks dark and others light. Either way it's like a metallic school bus yellow and I absolutely don't like it at all but my 23 year old son and his same aged friend both liked it, a lot. I guess I am just too old but also understand I really liked comp orange. This is nothing like comp orange. Overall the 18 update is fine with me. The front looks more contemporary but I think it would have looked better if they just kept the 17 design with the lowered hood. Ford reps think hp will be at least 465.
Sponsored