Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Please do! I was going to say, seems like I'm missing something lol I wonder if we can find something like that at an audio place?
Normally yes, It's just a regular harness. I sent him a message but I won't have an answer before tonight lol. I've been sleeping late to talk with him. My wife is getting really patient but I can tell it won't last long lol.
Sponsored

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT- Deep Impact Blue
Normally yes, It's just a regular harness. I sent him a message but I won't have an answer before tonight lol. I've been sleeping late to talk with him. My wife is getting really patient but I can tell it won't last long lol.
hahaha we all really appreciate it but if he answers, he answers, don't get put in the dog house for it lol. I am going to see if I can find an audio place around me if they have one. I am just guessing the other side connects to the stock antenna that is like the black cable with red clip on it, if I remember correctly?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hahaha we all really appreciate it but if he answers, he answers, don't get put in the dog house for it lol. I am going to see if I can find an audio place around me if they have one. I am just guessing the other side connects to the stock antenna that is like the black cable with red clip on it, if I remember correctly?
That's right, It'll connect to the red clip and the male will go in the female extension of the HU.:thumbsup:

elpatronvega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang v6
I think he is referring to the whole antenna issue.

[MENTION=29186]2017PPGT[/MENTION] here is a picture of how I did mine. I disconnected the 4 clips for the center piece above the vents (it looks like a vent but it's just a cover) and ran the cable for the GPS up. I grinded down a little slot so the cable could stick out. Double sided tape the GPS antenna right next to the factory sensor. You can see it right by the front windshield.

Here is the one factory load up screen

Hey where do I go to change the boot screen? Where exactly did you go

Sponsored

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
Hey where do I go to change the boot screen? Where exactly did you go

The second secret menu in this video. The first thing that pops up it says "mustang" and the default logo is checked off. Do that to yours. Sorry I never got a video of my own to make one!

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the manufacturer. I was finally able to explain him for the radio thing. He said he will check with the factory and see what's wrong with that. He will get back to me later on. I'll keep y'all updated!

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
Got the manufacturer. I was finally able to explain him for the radio thing. He said he will check with the factory and see what's wrong with that. He will get back to me later on. I'll keep y'all updated!
I am going to Radio Shack tomorrow at Noon EST when they open to see if I can find a cable to work. If it's a couple bucks, I'd rather have my radio working now rather than later. Will update everyone tomorrow.

Mirroring on Gen 2 works successfully but changes the passwords for advanced settings and the secret settings in system information. So make sure your settings in there are how you want them, for now.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am going to Radio Shack tomorrow at Noon EST when they open to see if I can find a cable to work. If it's a couple bucks, I'd rather have my radio working now rather than later. Will update everyone tomorrow.

Mirroring on Gen 2 works successfully but changes the passwords for advanced settings and the secret settings in system information. So make sure your settings in there are how you want them, for now.
I'll check to see what's the new passwords are...

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT w/ H-Pipe & Catback
Can anyone shoot a pick of how they hooked their antennae up for those who mounted a front camera?

Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
The head unit itself is different, and the install harnesses are also different compared to the 1st gen. Software seems to be close.

So is Gen 2 better than the first ? :shrug:

Focuztyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Has anyone spoken to liu, the supplier all week? I shipped him my DOA unit last Saturday and he was supposed to have one mailed out to me on Monday, but he hasn't answered any of my WhatsApp messages. After I mailed the DOA unit back he went on radio silence.....not looking good

elpatronvega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang v6

The second secret menu in this video. The first thing that pops up it says "mustang" and the default logo is checked off. Do that to yours. Sorry I never got a video of my own to make one!
Still can't figure out how to change it. Went through the secret menus and checked the default logo thing but now my boot up is viper tech I can't see where to actually choose an image as my boot:headbonk:

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
Still can't figure out how to change it. Went through the secret menus and checked the default logo thing but now my boot up is viper tech I can't see where to actually choose an image as my boot:headbonk:
On that screen it has multiple options, mustang hi, mustang, and no. Double tap on them and hit yes and it changes the background. That and you have to turn it off and on a couple times to take effect. Mustang/mustang hi/No and default checked off/on are different boot up screens. Idk which is which but that's what changed mine.

elpatronvega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang v6
On that screen it has multiple options, mustang hi, mustang, and no. Double tap on them and hit yes and it changes the background. That and you have to turn it off and on a couple times to take effect. Mustang/mustang hi/No and default checked off/on are different boot up screens. Idk which is which but that's what changed mine.
So there's no way to put my own boot up? I know Patrick used to do it
Sponsored