Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

elpatronvega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang v6
My unit MIGHT be in this week. If it does arrive, I'll let everyone know how it turns out. On an unrelated note, I am selling an SCT X4 Power Flash that has to be unmarried for $150. If anyone is interested just let me know.
Not really the most informed on tuning, is that the same one that AmericanMuscle and cjpony sells? Would it be compatible with my 17 v6?
Sponsored

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT w/ H-Pipe & Catback
By the time you buy an X4 used, then pay for an unlock, and a new tune, you're at the new X4 price of $400.
Custom tune would be additional money. If you hsve basic mods it will only be $150 to unmarry it.

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Not really the most informed on tuning, is that the same one that AmericanMuscle and cjpony sells? Would it be compatible with my 17 v6?

I believe it is, but let me verify 1st. I also want to ensure that I am correct in the fact that once it is unmarried, you may tune the car with mild mods such as CAI, h-Pipe, catback, etc.

It is if you do a manifold, Supercharger, headers... Big mods.. That you need to pay for custom tune. But you'd have to pay for that with a new one anyway.

If I'm correct, whoever buys it will save about $100 and it's not like its a part that stays on the car and takes a beating. It just sits in the house.

SCT is one of the best and the most popular for our generation mustangs. The quality is undebatable.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Alrighty, So I started to analyze the new update and compare some stuff with our 1st gen. There's minor changes and fixes but Engrish is still there lol. Both hardware are almost the same (CPU, etc..) are the same. It's just some minor revision they did and updated drivers. I will still separate both update whenever I'll release a Custom ROM. I've noticed the CanBUS is little heavier (I don't know if this is due to a mod they've made for the track mode. I doubt it... Probably just added new pictures for the theme). Config file is a little bit different. I guess they tried to fix the voice activation (Without success). As for OTA (Over The Air) updates it's still the same link as our hardware. So, don't count on receiving any update on the HU via OTA...:cheers:

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Couldn't find anything on it but the more I think about it, the less confident I am it is the same tuner. V8 & V6 are too completely different cars mechanically speaking. I was informed by someone that Diablo has found a way to not leave fingerprints behind and therefore not void the warranty. I've read up on it and many people are stating the dealer flashed their cars and the tune didn't show up and they got their service. So if you're in the market you might want to see what they offer for the V6.

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couldn't find anything on it but the more I think about it, the less confident I am it is the same tuner. V8 & V6 are too completely different cars mechanically speaking. I was informed by someone that Diablo has found a way to not leave fingerprints behind and therefore not void the warranty. I've read up on it and many people are stating the dealer flashed their cars and the tune didn't show up and they got their service. So if you're in the market you might want to see what they offer for the V6.
Tuner will detect directly if you car is V8 or V6 it's not assign to a particular engine trim. I share my tuner with my Focus which is 4 cyl. I also have a license for Chevy which I tuned the SS as well :thumbsup:

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Tuner will detect directly if you car is V8 or V6 it's not assign to a particular engine trim. I share my tuner with my Focus which is 4 cyl. I also have a license for Chevy which I tuned the SS as well :thumbsup:
Who needs google when you have this guy! :cheers:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who needs google when you have this guy! :cheers:
:lol:I don't know everything but if I know something that can help someone I'll share it lol. I'm still using Google to try to figure out what's wrong with my car lately :frusty::D

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Have any of you had an issue with the clock settings. Every time I start it, it resets itself. I've tried taking it off auto update, but no success in correcting the issue.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Have any of you had an issue with the clock settings. Every time I start it, it resets itself. I've tried taking it off auto update, but no success in correcting the issue.
Yeah, change the time zone in the Android settings. Mine also didn't play nice with the daylight savings, so I had to set it a time zone forward to get it to read correctly every time.
Turn off the auto update of the time and all that in the settings as well.

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone with a rooted Tesla headunit wanna try some tweak to check if we can get the F in the top bar and the Time Zone setup correctly...? Let me know and I'll send the coding over!

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
List of group buy:
@2017PPGT , @jmm042 , @elpatronvega , @Oakley_5OH , @firestarter2 , @try714

You should receive your tracking number tonight. He'll give it to me as well just in case you don't receive a text. I'll PM everyone with the tracking number. Today was his dead line. If there's nothing I'll start a PayPal process. However, he assured me (everyday since I keep bugging him) that It'll be today!

bhooray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Grabber Blue
to keep the time from changing I think I had to set up the DST for my time zone -1 hour, it showed EST but was one hour off :crazy:
Sponsored