rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
In the market for Whipple catch can. Missed out on the sale at Lethal Perf for UPR. What is everyone else using in here (UPR, JLT etc)

Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm using the JLT mock-up for Whipple and it works. I don't have a driver side catch can but I've pulled off the intake several times and no oil whatsoever, so I don't see the point in it. I hear all sorts of great things about UPR, though.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I have the UPR. Hard to every say for sure how well these things are working. I have almost nothing in mine after 2k miles. Hopefully it just means mine engine doesn't lose as much as some peoples.

OP
OP
rio16

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
I'm using the JLT mock-up for Whipple and it works. I don't have a driver side catch can but I've pulled off the intake several times and no oil whatsoever, so I don't see the point in it. I hear all sorts of great things about UPR, though.

Nice. good to know :cheers:

I have the UPR. Hard to every say for sure how well these things are working. I have almost nothing in mine after 2k miles. Hopefully it just means mine engine doesn't lose as much as some peoples.

Nice and for the UPR has both driver and passenger side?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I've had the Whipple catch can and it always seems to still allow oil vapors into the system and even had oil dripping down the throttle body into the air box. I recently changed to the UPR (expensive) but comes highly recommend by other Whipple heads and my buddy here Dave AKA db252. Dave says he never had a drop of oil in his intake, SC or throttle body with the UPR. Mine will be a good test for this as I've had the Whipple catch can running on both motors I've had and both had oil getting into the system, so if it ends with the UPR it's for real in my book. I'll report back in a couple weeks when white lighting hits the road.

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
UPR is the best in my opinion don't have a Whipple but I stand by them and their catch cans. I also have the clean side separator works really well. the crankcase breather looks nice and said to release pressure in the crankcase I believe therefore giving some extra Ponies as well. My UPR catch can catches so much oil its crazy so glad I did that Mod

OP
OP
rio16

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
I've had the Whipple catch can and it always seems to still allow oil vapors into the system and even had oil dripping down the throttle body into the air box. I recently changed to the UPR (expensive) but comes highly recommend by other Whipple heads and my buddy here Dave AKA db252. Dave says he never had a drop of oil in his intake, SC or throttle body with the UPR. Mine will be a good test for this as I've had the Whipple catch can running on both motors I've had and both had oil getting into the system, so if it ends with the UPR it's for real in my book. I'll report back in a couple weeks when white lighting hits the road.
hell yea [MENTION=20657]db252[/MENTION] is the man and thats what he told me to use. Cant wait to see your review.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Hands down, the UPR is the way to go. Such a robust and solid setup.

Trust!

OP
OP
rio16

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
My UPR stays pretty dry BUT I don't have oil in my throttle body either. I have a breather on the driver side.

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My UPR stays pretty dry BUT I don't have oil in my throttle body either. I have a breather on the driver side.
That's strange that it doesn't catch any oil. Do you have a pic of your setup?

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here you go. That's about 1500 miles, 90% of that is WOT

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

4to8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 A6
I have the jlt and it works well. I empty evy 1500 to 2000 miles. It catches a lot.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a beautiful setup. I have the same catch can. Good to know still works with whipple. I'm still learning. So is it a good thing your car doesn't have that much oil trying to go back into motor? I thought all coyotes had that issue.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a beautiful setup. I have the same catch can. Good to know still works with whipple. I'm still learning. So is it a good thing your car doesn't have that much oil trying to go back into motor? I thought all coyotes had that issue.
Thanks, I've heard a lot of the higher boost guys are not getting much in the can. I just had the blower off last week to fix a coolant leak and barely saw any oil residue. Just the very strong smell of C85 and slight yellowish color lol. Im also only around 2500 miles since Whipple, while most of those miles are WOT still no miles compared to others.
Sponsored