Dashcam hardwire location?

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
I copied someone else earlier in the thread, not sure what happened, maybe a faulty part.
Bummer. Well, I followed Actuals directions & all good. Good luck (it's much better hard wired ;) )

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
The fuses for the 2015 Mustang passenger compartment fuse box are Micro2 type. They have 2 prongs which are closer together than a mini use and longer than a Micro fuse. Halfords have no knowledge but they can be ordered from a Ford parts dept.

For the fuse taps I ordered Micro2 Blade ATR Fuse Adapter tap Dual Circuit Adapter Holder 12v Micro II from eBay USA but that item is not listed now so I can't link to it.

For supply connections using the 2015 Mustang passenger compartment fuse box (RHD) use Fuse 2 for permanent +12v and Fuse 23 for ignition switched +12v. It is very tight for space and if you use the fuse taps mentioned above then they fit snuggly next to each other when plugged into the fuse locations. One thing to be wary of is fitting the fuse taps the right way otherwise the supply will not be across the fuse and luckily the natural orientation is correct.

P1010812 (Medium).JPG

P1010844 (Medium).JPG

P1010845 (Medium).JPG
Would this still be on the right side for LHD cars?

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
Would this still be on the right side for LHD cars?
Yes mate. Passenger compartment on LHD is the same as ours (& correct). Ours have the pedals in the way! :headbonk:

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
The piggy back plastic bit around the blades wouldn't fit so I managed to install it by wiring it directly on the existing fuses (2 and 23). Note that the cable I got was the other way around, yellow was battery and red was ACC. Turned it on and off again twice, it works. Also all other electics (switches and power mirrors work too).

No need of extra fuses and piggy tail separators (unless you want to completely separate the circuit. Worse case scenario, you blow up a fuse and you change it.

P.S. Those 7.5 Micro2 fuses are pain the butt to find here in AU.

Sponsored

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
Hey guys,

Just looking around for these fuse taps, are these the right ones?!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micro2-Fus...id=1485981531&sr=8-1&keywords=micro2+fuse+tap

Thanks in advance :)
Micro 2 is the correct name for these fuses and from the picture they look like the right ones to me. I have this pic of a fuse tap but I didn't take a photo of an actual fuse.

In the review comments for that item there is a complaint that the fuse tap does not fit well in the fuse panel and it is loose. I am using 3 fuse taps on my Mustang and I had to be careful to insert them fully for a good fit otherwise they just fell out. The trailing lead is quite stiff which doesn't help.

Anther tip is to purchase a fuse puller as even pliers will slip when you try to remove the existing fuses from the fuse panel as they are very tight.
P1010812 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

17ANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow Fastback GT Manual
Micro 2 is the correct name for these fuses and from the picture they look like the right ones to me. I have this pic of a fuse tap but I didn't take a photo of an actual fuse.

In the review comments for that item there is a complaint that the fuse tap does not fit well in the fuse panel and it is loose. I am using 3 fuse taps on my Mustang and I had to be careful to insert them fully for a good fit otherwise they just fell out. The trailing lead is quite stiff which doesn't help.

Anther tip is to purchase a fuse puller as even pliers will slip when you try to remove the existing fuses from the fuse panel as they are very tight.
Thanks, I guess there aren't fuse pullers supplied with the car hidden away somewhere?

Perhaps it is a BMW/Audi thing, but I think even my MX-5 has a little fuse puller next to the fuses!!

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I guess there aren't fuse pullers supplied with the car hidden away somewhere?

Perhaps it is a BMW/Audi thing, but I think even my MX-5 has a little fuse puller next to the fuses!!
I didn't find a fuse puller in the car and some sort of tool will almost certainly required to remove a fuse.

The whole Micro 2 fuse situation does worry somewhat as they are uncommon and it seems to me that if an important fuse were to blow then the car could be immobilised for few days whilst a part was procured.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
The whole Micro 2 fuse situation does worry somewhat as they are uncommon and it seems to me that if an important fuse were to blow then the car could be immobilised for few days whilst a part was procured.
Last time I checked, Ford garages don't seem to stock them, neither do Maplin, Halfords etc. So you might be right!

I ended up ordering various ampages to make up an 'emergency kit' from abroad - cost more in postage.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Thanks but I already have a good selection of Micro 2 fuses for my Mustang which I ordered from a Ford dealer parts department and they arrived next day. Considering how difficult it is to identify the correct fuse type on sites like eBay and Amazon I was impressed by the staff who managed to identify the correct part.

Also note that whilst the fuses for the Mustang internal passenger compartment fuse box are Micro 2 at least some of the fuses in the engine bay fuse box are the standard Mini type.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks but I already have a good selection of Micro 2 fuses for my Mustang which I ordered from a Ford dealer parts department and they arrived next day. Considering how difficult it is to identify the correct fuse type on sites like eBay and Amazon I was impressed by the staff who managed to identify the correct part.

Also note that whilst the fuses for the Mustang internal passenger compartment fuse box are Micro 2 at least some of the fuses in the engine bay fuse box are the standard Mini type.
Yeah my ford dealer hadn't a clue when mine went. looks like they've finally pulled their fingers out ;)!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
They should have. The Mondeo uses some of these too.
didn't when i'd asked, but this was back in like june time :lol::lol:. Ims ure they do now though!
Sponsored