Sponsored

Dashcam hardwire location?

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Yes, 3 x Micro2 Blade ATR Fuse Adapter tap DUal Circuit Adapter Holder 12v Micro II is the exact one I purchased and used.

Don't forget to also order a selection of Micro 2 fuses to use with the fuse tap.
Or if you want them from a UK supplier:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUSE-TAP-...163540?hash=item4d45e5b414:g:td0AAOSwUUdXDj9I

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Add-A-...e49ae60&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=331885163540

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Add-A...e49ae60&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=331885163540
Sponsored

Last edited:

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
How do I then get the fuse tap wired into the dash cam at 5v ?

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
Last edited:

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
How do I then get the fuse tap wired into the dash cam at 5v ?
What is your dashcam and what wiring kit does it come with? If the dashcam needs 5v then does it have a cigar type aux power adapter?

Your choices are

Check if the manufacturer provides a hardwire kit which can be wired directly to a fuse position.

Use a socket adapter http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-12-Volt...ower-Dc-Extension-Lead-Cable-2m-/371330753374 and cut off the plug end.

Don't forget that in addition to connecting the +12v supply you also need to connect the ground wire to a ground point stud.

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What is your dashcam and what wiring kit does it come with? If the dashcam needs 5v then does it have a cigar type aux power adapter?

Your choices are

Check if the manufacturer provides a hardwire kit which can be wired directly to a fuse position.

Use a socket adapter http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-12-Volt...ower-Dc-Extension-Lead-Cable-2m-/371330753374 and cut off the plug end.

Don't forget that in addition to connecting the +12v supply you also need to connect the ground wire to a ground point stud.
I have a Garmin 35 which uses just a mini USB connector to the cigarette lighter

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
The fuses for the 2015 Mustang passenger compartment fuse box are Micro2 type. They have 2 prongs which are closer together than a mini use and longer than a Micro fuse. Halfords have no knowledge but they can be ordered from a Ford parts dept.

For the fuse taps I ordered Micro2 Blade ATR Fuse Adapter tap Dual Circuit Adapter Holder 12v Micro II from eBay USA but that item is not listed now so I can't link to it.

For supply connections using the 2015 Mustang passenger compartment fuse box (RHD) use Fuse 2 for permanent +12v and Fuse 23 for ignition switched +12v. It is very tight for space and if you use the fuse taps mentioned above then they fit snuggly next to each other when plugged into the fuse locations. One thing to be wary of is fitting the fuse taps the right way otherwise the supply will not be across the fuse and luckily the natural orientation is correct.

P1010812 (Medium).JPG

P1010844 (Medium).JPG

P1010845 (Medium).JPG
Afternoon mate.

Just looking at hard wiring in my Thinkware but have fallen at the first hurdle: how the hell do I get the fuse cover off from drivers side? Undone the main screw but despite all manner of pushing & pulling, it's stuck fast. Any tips at all?

Cheers

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Afternoon mate.

Just looking at hard wiring in my Thinkware but have fallen at the first hurdle: how the hell do I get the fuse cover off from drivers side? Undone the main screw but despite all manner of pushing & pulling, it's stuck fast. Any tips at all?

Cheers
Get your fingers behind the trim at the back and pull out with extreme prejudice. :)

If you struggle to remove then it is even harder to replace.

You need good light and you need to get your head behind the accelerator [gas sic] pedal to see what you are doing. You could try depressing the pedal all the way but make sure that the engine is not running.

To get better access to the inside fuse box you can remove all the trim between the fuse box and the drivers door.
P1010805 (Medium).JPG

Even better leave the fuse box cover attached to the trim so that it is easier to reinstall.
P1010818 (Medium).JPG

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
Good grief... they don't make it easy for us do they? Many thanks mate.... you're a star :cheers:

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You need to lift it up slightly, then pull .
There is 3 hook type clips on right hand edge

Sponsored
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
My bits n bobs arrived from China during the week. (one took <2 days, how do they manage it!)

Here is what I bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221813954816?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

+

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191832858867?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

My camera is an Ambrella MINI 0801, so only one power cable (switched).

I used fuse 23 as recommended, and the bolts on the bracket used to support the interior trim for the EARTH cable.

Install really was a piece of cake.

Trim tools are handy for poking the cable, although fingers will suffice.

The camera is completely invisible from the driver position (and also from outside) and well out of line of sight for the passenger.

Well pleased, worth doing.:ford:

Fuse 23 piggy back:

Earth location:

Camera:

From drivers perspective:

Thanks to all who helped, hopefully this thread will continue to provide good info for others in the future :)

Last edited:

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I used fuse 22 as recommended
Fuse 22 is Occupant classification system module. This fuse position is at the top of the fuse panel.

I used Fuse 2 Power mirror memory model for continuous +12v and Fuse 23 Switches Power windows Rear-view mirror for ignition switched +12v. These fuse positions are at the bottom of the fuse panel.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Fuse 22 is Occupant classification system module. This fuse position is at the top of the fuse panel.

I used Fuse 2 Power mirror memory model for continuous +12v and Fuse 23 Switches Power windows Rear-view mirror for ignition switched +12v. These fuse positions are at the bottom of the fuse panel.
Sorry, typo. Fuse 23 is what I have used, bottom of fuse panel as can be seen in my photo.

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Hi All

Bought myself a Thinkware 770, fuse taps on the way and even got some trim removal tools. All I need now is the best way to route the wires out of sight for both front and rear cameras

Do any of you guys have any tips / photos for the installation? would really appreciate any guidance

Cheers

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Front camera is easy.... along the headliner and down the A-pillar to the door jamb... tuck inside the rubber seals with the trim tool.

Its really super easy, no pics needed. Rear camera I cant help with, as I dont have one - although there seems to be plenty of space in the void running along the sills (between the other wires and gubbins).

Its not brain surgery, you just need to follow your nose and not be too forceful with the trim, or you'll risk buggering clips.
Sponsored