Sponsored

Dashcam hardwire location?

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
My latest setup. Owl Cam under the mirror, and my old Vantrue N2 on the top right. Radar is hardwired to the mirror. Owl Cam has it's own OBD plug with wires tucked along pillar. Vantrue has it's own 12v with USB passthrough with cable tucked in passenger pillar all the way to the 12v next to glove box.
[ame]
IMG_5667.JPG
IMG_5668.JPG
IMG_5669.JPG
Sponsored

techo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco-Boost 2016 (AUD Version)
Hi just joined the forum guy!

I have a question as I have tried to get my BlackSys CH-200 to work in parking mode and used an Auto Electrician to help.

The camera does works great when the car is on and records satisfactorily.

But when the car is switched off - the camera enters parking mode then says after 30secs - "terminating the system!"
(My Auto Electrician - not willing to help me further with out more $$$)

The hard wire kits only has 3 wires and we used piggy back fuses -as I'm not sure what doubled ACC switched means?
or am I using the wrong fuse for the ACC - as it's switching to parking mode but then not supplying constant power?

I'm from Australia (Mustang Eco-boost 2016) - this camera has cost more than enough $$ and time and it has not been easy wiring it even with using Auto Electrician.

The Electrician used - Fuse 2 for Battery and 23 ACC - GND to chassis - but then my windows and folding mirrors stopped working, very confused as you guys have used fuse 23 successfully?

Then the Electrician used another fuse and he do not tell me which one! so I'm guessing its the internal lighting as this switches off after exiting the car.

I'm at the end of this installation and willing to remove it fully - but that would be a shame as its working when the car is on.
but I did purchased the camera to use all of it's features and like parking mode. any help or suggestions welcomed.

Last edited:

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The wiring isn't the issue. 2 and 23 were the ones I used. Your voltage sensitivity for parking mode is probably set a bit too high on the camera. You need to adjust it to 11.6 at least so that it can run even if the voltage gets below 12V. Otherwise, it will shut off. In my case, I had it set to 12V but the camera wouldn't even put itself to parking mode at all but I still had faith in the product. Adjusted it in ignition mode and tested it once more... then it worked. This is another camera brand but you'll see why it's crucial to have one and fortunately there was no damage.

https://tinyurl.com/y5bb73a2

techo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info and the fast replies and just checked my dash-cam voltage settings and the lowest I can set is 11.8v.

I've watched my latest video file and when the car switches off the voltage will drop from 13.8 down to 12.0v then 11.8v.

Also thanks for sharing your parking mode video and it looks great and that's how I want mine to work.

Last edited:

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Can you adjust the voltage where it says "Cut-Off Voltage?" If so, drop the number down...

Sponsored

techo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I worked it out set the camera to 11.8v via the PC software that came with the camera and did some more testing and now its working in parking mode. but it seems if I adjust some settings via the APP the camera gets confused and does work in Parking like changing to time lapse mode. just going to set the setting via the PC software.

Thanks for your help and it was the voltage cut off settings in the camera and not the fuse wiring in the car.

Last edited:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I study every frame in detail:D:D:

In reality hardly ever:lol:. I had no reason to upgrade at all other than I felt like treating myself to a new toy.

The fact that my mate paid a fair price for my old camera added to some man maths and the justification was easy:thumbsup:

Regarding picture quality, I’d say that there is no difference between the 770 and the 800, but the user interface on the 800 is a step up...:)
Still have my F750 3 years down the line, and if something interesting happens while I am driving, or see something then very easy to find the footage, also great for road trips, car convoys, also have the rear camera set-up, for when the roof is up or down

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Just did mine using a kit from Amazon. Simple, took 30 minutes to install and route the wire, no special tools needed. It didn't matter which way I inserted the add-a-circuit, worked both ways. Barely stayed in the other way so I flipped it.

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Anybody got a link to which fuse taps I should order, I may be overthinking it but don't want to buy some cheap ones that are faulty/poor quality or ones where the amp is too low.. Iv looked at some on Amazon but they're max 10amp whereas fuse 36 is a 15amp fuse.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Anybody got a link to which fuse taps I should order, I may be overthinking it but don't want to buy some cheap ones that are faulty/poor quality or ones where the amp is too low.. Iv looked at some on Amazon but they're max 10amp whereas fuse 36 is a 15amp fuse.
You can get a kit to plug into the OBD socket. I found that easier than tapping into the fuse box.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Last edited:

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
It's a Thinkware F800 Pro that I need to install, Iv just had a look at their OBD kit and it's ÂŁ30, tempted to give the hardwire a shot first so I haven't gotta buy a completely different lead,but I'm always changing my mind so who knows lol

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
So I have started installing the camera but haven't had time to wire it into the fuse box atm. Although I have noticed that the wires seem to be labelled opposite to what's previously mentioned with the constant power being the yellow wire.

20200909_134821.jpg

capriceragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
Updating for those Googlers who stumbled on this thread, as the fuse #s appear to have changed. My fuse # 23 was a 30A for an amplifier, and I wanted to keep to 10A or fewer.

I just wrapped up the hardwire on a 2020 GT. I used fuse #2 (power windows, electrochromic mirror, power door locks) for accesory, and fuse #31 (remote keyless entry) for battery.

Working like a charm!
Sponsored