Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Ladies and Gentleman,

I just wanted to let everyone know that individuals with the ObdLink SX (Red Usb Model) will be able to use it for Forscan. I have now successfully activated navigation and the simultaneous High Beams and Fog Lights with it. A little hint if you plan to use the usb chord make sure you have the current driver, and also turn Forscan off of automatic mode for detecting bluetooth and Wifi. Now i will assume i may not have all the options of the MX but it got exactly what I wanted done.

Thought everyone should know
Sponsored

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
After having read all 77 pages, I decided to add fogs/high beams, fogs/turn signals, and the soft climate controls. I had a few minor problems, but eventually figured everything out.

I'd like to have a pony w/tri-bars as my splash screen, but otherwise I'm happy with how it turned out.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
[MENTION=8977]fionic[/MENTION] We need to add the illuminated door sill code from the other thread in the LE sub-forum. They turned the illuminated sills on. Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see it in the spreadsheet.

From this: 7B7-01-1 as 0040 0000 00
To This: 7B7-01-1 as 0042 0000 02

hcappie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Just so everyone is aware, the method I posted does not require you to purchase anything but an SD card. There is a generic nav license you install and unlock with a special wallpaper which is in the instructions.
Thanks so much for this easy hack to unlock nav! This is by far the best & most useful forum sticky on the site. Just an FYI to anyone who does the nav unlock in the future. You will need to re-pair your phone to your car. Before you re-pair, delete sync from your phone's recognized BT devices, then go through the process to pair your phone to sync via Bluetooth :headbang::cheers::ford:

Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Can the electronic speed limiter be modified in the as built data using forscan ?
Maybe but it is not something people can easily change and try. There are a lot of configurations that can be modified and the way a lot of these things are figured out is by trial and error and/or comparing one car without features to another car with features to see the differences in configs. No cars come with the speed limiter removed so it would be a trial error thing and I doubt anyone is going to go testing the speed limit at 155+ dozens of times to see if it worked.

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can anyone with the FRPP PP2 installed connect with ForSCAN?
Forscan wont work with any tunes for some reason. I battled for weeks and weeks troubleshooting and working with forscan. The fix was in order to connect with forscan the stock tune must be reflashed. Then you can edit in forscan and when you are done reflash your tune back to the car and it works.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Forscan wont work with any tunes for some reason. I battled for weeks and weeks troubleshooting and working with forscan. The fix was in order to connect with forscan the stock tune must be reflashed. Then you can edit in forscan and when you are done reflash your tune back to the car and it works.
Nah. I contacted the FORScan guys and they helped me out. I was able to connect and modify the As-Built with the FRPP tune.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Nah. I contacted the FORScan guys and they helped me out. I was able to connect and modify the As-Built with the FRPP tune.
Mind sharing what they had you do to get it working? No reason all of us should have to bug the devs.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Mind sharing what they had you do to get it working? No reason all of us should have to bug the devs.
I realized after your earlier post that all I can verify is that FORScan was able to connect.

I tried to change the APIM As-Built data to modify the displayed Bluetooth pairing name, but the name didn't change. After I finish changing the USB port to get CarPlay working tonight I am going to verify my modified As-Built data. The log doesn't reflect any write events... so maybe the write never actually happened. If that's the case I am going to pass that info on to the developers.

The developers sent me a minor software update (2.3.6_testing) that is in testing. I'm hesitant to pass it on as part of the conditions given to me were to send them log files before (2.3.5 beta) and after (2.3.6_testing). In this case I think it would be good to bug the developers about it as the more data they get, the better they can code.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I assume that using the hardware and software explained in this thread, does not "lock" it to a specific vehicle, similar to the way a tuning device would me "married", right? In other words, if someone in my area had the software and OBDII adapter, could they activate my nav for me (Sync 2) or do I HAVE to buy these parts myself? If it's doable, I might try to find someone local who's already gotten this setup and just pay them a few bucks for the service instead of buying this stuff that I will use exactly once.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I assume that using the hardware and software explained in this thread, does not "lock" it to a specific vehicle, similar to the way a tuning device would me "married", right? In other words, if someone in my area had the software and OBDII adapter, could they activate my nav for me (Sync 2) or do I HAVE to buy these parts myself? If it's doable, I might try to find someone local who's already gotten this setup and just pay them a few bucks for the service instead of buying this stuff that I will use exactly once.
No. The OBDII MX can be moved to any OBDII compliant vehicle. FORScan is a little more limited in what it can do, but the software that comes with the tool can connect to pretty much anything. Not all software can modify as-built data.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
If you were down here, I would gladly assist with anything you needed. Make a Disney trip, bring the 'stang :D

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have looked and did not find it but I could have easily missed it since this thread is getting quite long, but I am wondering if there is a way to set the drive mode for the car at startup to either not change from its last state or to always have the car start in "track mode".

Ideally having it startup in track mode with advancetrak disabled would be preferred but I can pull the fuse for advancetrak to be permanently disabled. My car is a dedicated track car and I am looking for a way to simplify my getting on track routine as I have to toggle toggle toggle, hold for 6 sec. and then drive. It would be nice to just start and go.

Dave
Sponsored