SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
What's £700? They are offering a hour of their time and a free service, which you should tell them where to put that!

Tell them to fuck off and you will come get it when YOUR ready. They should have got it here quicker if they wanted the sale in before month end. Cheek of it!
Ah yes, for some reason I read that as a service plan. Don't know why as it doesn't say anything like that. I agree, tell them to stick it.
Sponsored

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
Ah yes, for some reason I read that as a service plan. Don't know why as it doesn't say anything like that. I agree, tell them to stick it.
I think this time i am going to stick to my guns and tell them to forget about me picking it up tomorrow. The real sad thing is they were going to charge me for swapping my wheels. New wheels already have the tyres on and are already balanced. Only thing i asked for was to basically fix a puncture on all four wheels. I have no problem doing it myself which is what i will be doing now. And as for the stow n show, 5 min job? Not even.
Think i will get more satisfaction doing it myself anyways.

Thank you all for the clear support in this. Feeling much more relaxed now. Still pretty excited, my car is finally here!!!! :headbang:

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow Mustang GT Fastback
Service department got back to me (at 7pm Friday evening!) to tell me that the body shop had sent the car back to them and said it was a case of adjusting the window mechanism, not the door, as I expected.
For anyone following the window catching issue, I got the car back last night - it is much improved now and barely noticeable, even to a pedant like me :rolleyes:

Am guessing the next step would have been a much bigger job and I just don't want them tinkering with it any longer, to fix what is now a very minor niggle.

Kind of relieved that I won't have to deal with them again for a while, or perhaps ever again, as I'll probably be selling up soon. About to embark upon a house-building project, so cars will have to go on the back-burner for a couple of years :(

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I think this time i am going to stick to my guns and tell them to forget about me picking it up tomorrow. The real sad thing is they were going to charge me for swapping my wheels. New wheels already have the tyres on and are already balanced. Only thing i asked for was to basically fix a puncture on all four wheels. I have no problem doing it myself which is what i will be doing now. And as for the stow n show, 5 min job? Not even.
Think i will get more satisfaction doing it myself anyways.

Thank you all for the clear support in this. Feeling much more relaxed now. Still pretty excited, my car is finally here!!!! :headbang:
Yeah, the Sto'n'sho is really quick, plus if you do it yourself it will be level. They'd never manage that ;)

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Tell them you'll pick it up on 1st Jan but you can do a deal if they want you to pick it up 31st Dec :)

Sponsored

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
FFS:doh: they had two weeks time to change my wheels over while i was in south africa but only decided to do it today (pick up is this Thursday). The bolts that I supplied are too thick (top end) And i only found out about it when I emailed them today to tell them I would be in the dealership on Wednesday afternoon to pick up the stock wheels.

Thay are trying to get bolts that'll fit the new wheels. I was not keen on driving home on P-Zeros but will do it carefully if it comes down to it. I need to get my car away from there and in my garage...:frusty::frusty::frusty:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
FFS:doh: they had two weeks time to change my wheels over while i was in south africa but only decided to do it today (pick up is this Thursday). The bolts that I supplied are too thick (top end) And i only found out about it when I emailed them today to tell them I would be in the dealership on Wednesday afternoon to pick up the stock wheels.

Thay are trying to get bolts that'll fit the new wheels. I was not keen on driving home on P-Zeros but will do it carefully if it comes down to it. I need to get my car away from there and in my garage...:frusty::frusty::frusty:
Modurstang stock the small headed bolts you need. P Zeros don't bite unless unreasonably provoked. :thumbsup:

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto

PZeros are fine. 10000 miles on mine in all conditions, but as has been said before, give it too much right foot, especially without all 4 wheels in line and the car will lose grip.

On topic - Ford actually phoned me this afternoon to remind me I have a service booked tomorrow, and that they have a courtesy car for me. Promising !

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrghhhhhhhhh

Despite emails, letters sent directly and conversations NOT to drill holes in the front bumper as I was having a sto n show fitted my dealer has phoned me today to say the car I am picking up on Weds has had two holes drilled in it. I was apoplectic ..........I went NUTS! I really feel for the sales guy I think he did all he could but someone didn't listen, didn't see the sheet and drilled in the F'ing holes. However the dealership have as one would expect (given it was in writing!!) offered to replace the bumper or repair it to approved standards. They will provide a letter stating this fact upon collection and I think the sales guy is going to kill the workshop guys. So for a while I will have the hideous black box but I am now waiting to find out which is the best option for all, brand new (which I prefer to a degree) or given to a quality Bodyshop who no doubt would take it off and put it on better than Ford themselves. I am not that fussed either way given its not metal and thus won't rust...more to the point I want something that fits and looks the original quality before I put the stripes on. SO stripes delayed until I get the bumper sorted damn it....and I haven't even picked it up yet ! At least they were hugely apologetic and instantly offered to replace it before even taking a breath !!! I am for some reason irrationally annoyed, it will be fixed but I have been wanting this perfect moment for 8 months and 36 hours before collection I am pissed !!! Hey ho, all will be well in the end!

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
TBH, since you're having stripes AND the plate will be going over the top of those, is there much to be gained in having it seen to? :shrug:

Not sure I'd bother if it were me. Full marks for going apeshit though. How hard can it be to leave a note on the dash? Or better yet, as someone else's sales guy did, remove the mounting brackets from the car completely so they're not there to install.

Sponsored

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
TBH, since you're having stripes AND the plate will be going over the top of those, is there much to be gained in having it seen to? :shrug:

Not sure I'd bother if it were me. Full marks for going apeshit though. How hard can it be to leave a note on the dash? Or better yet, as someone else's sales guy did, remove the mounting brackets from the car completely so they're not there to install.
I took them the sto n sho to be fitted which goes right at the bottom of the front, so they actually had the number plate kit !!. SO by using the sto n sho there will never be a number plate covering the bumper stripes and of course if we put stripes over the holes they will simply shrink in to the hole recess. As such I want, need and expect a flat front bumper without sodding holes drilled in. Grrrrrr, annoyingly I was gong to take in a laminated card for the the sales person to stick on the bumper and state DO NOT DRILL HOLES, but I was promised 100% they would not do it. I think the dealer principal is also doing his nut as his profit just got shrunk !

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
I took them the sto n sho to be fitted which goes right at the bottom of the front, so they actually had the number plate kit !!. SO by using the sto n sho there will never be a number plate covering the bumper stripes and of course if we put stripes over the holes they will simply shrink in to the hole recess. As such I want, need and expect a flat front bumper without sodding holes drilled in. Grrrrrr, annoyingly I was gong to take in a laminated card for the the sales person to stick on the bumper and state DO NOT DRILL HOLES, but I was promised 100% they would not do it. I think the dealer principal is also doing his nut as his profit just got shrunk !
I had exactly the same issue. Lots of promises that they wouldn't drill and hey presto, they did. Likewise, they did offer to repair or replace but just couldn't bring myself to let them anywhere near it.

In the end I took the nasty black plastic holders off and bought some aluminium plates which are stuck on. Front one is bent to suit the curve of the bumper and looks fantastic. Only I know there are holes underneath.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
If they offered to replace the front, take that option! I know you don't want them near the car but taking the bumper off and putting a new one on isn't really that difficult. If they screw that up then I would walk away from it. You're spending a lot of money you should get the car how you expected it

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
First service today at Bristol Street in Gloucester. Experience was pretty good - great communication - service reminder yesterday, progress update, including an online tyre tread depth inspection video and call to say the car was ready.

Marred slightly by lack of a courtesy car when I arrived (I had booked in advance) but that was quickly sorted.

Driver's side pony puddle light starting to morph into a hippo so new one on order.

Rear tyres showing quite uneven wear though - >5mm on the inside edge but 3mm on the outside. Fronts are fine and even - I haven't been sliding around corners so curious as to the cause. Service assistant suggested a wheel alignment at £49 but not going to bother until I replace them. I think Ford should pay for the alignment anyway as it was clearly like that from the start. Will talk to the service manager..

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Rear tyres showing quite uneven wear though - >5mm on the inside edge but 3mm on the outside. Fronts are fine and even - I haven't been sliding around corners so curious as to the cause. Service assistant suggested a wheel alignment at £49 but not going to bother until I replace them. I think Ford should pay for the alignment anyway as it was clearly like that from the start. Will talk to the service manager..
Cheeky fuckers.

"Yes sir, that's right. We expect YOU to pay for a wheel alignment on the brand new £35K car we sold you because OBVIOUSLY we wouldn't send it out with wonky wheels".

I've now had 2 visits to Think in Basingstoke and been promised 2 callbacks to get my puddle light sorted. :tsk:
Sponsored