MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'd assume for the 2-port part, if you ran an adapter out of the 2nd USB port (USB A Male to Mini Female), it would provide data and power, and you could connect that to the GC. You could just snake it behind the hub plate or modify it with a small slot/opening.

Hub > USB Port > USB A cable/male > USB Mini F connector or M with F/F adapter > Gray connector (would probably need a touch of modification to make the connection due to the factory harness, but simple)

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I'd assume for the 2-port part, if you ran an adapter out of the 2nd USB port (USB A Male to Mini Female), it would provide data and power, and you could connect that to the GC. You could just snake it behind the hub plate or modify it with a small slot/opening.

Hub > USB Port > USB A cable/male > USB Mini F connector or M with F/F adapter > Gray connector (would probably need a touch of modification to make the connection due to the factory harness, but simple)
if you want to cut up your console to route the cable yes that would work

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
if you want to cut up your console to route the cable yes that would work
You wouldn't have to hack up your console, just the hub from what I'm looking at - you'd just need enough clearance for a USB cable, that's not much.

(I'm a software engineer but do a lot of hardware hacking, some work in the CV space, I'm all about hacking stuff up :D )

Heck it almost sits flush without any modifications, just a little notch on the bottom side and you'd be good:
IMG_5542.jpg

Sponsored

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Anyone noticed that Android auto is NOT utilizing the car built in GPS antenna (for those that have NAV)...? ....
it should utilize the car built in GPS antenna but in my case every time i use Maps in AA it require me to switch my phone accuracy to "High Accuracy" aka GPS on. ...
it does not look like it's a "setting" somewhere...
That's because all AA is doing is extending the display from your android device onto the sync screen. All of the functions/processes performed inside AA are done on your device not the SYNC system.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
My single port part will arrive Monday according to USPS. A lot quicker than I originally thought. If it works before the other part ships I'll probably cancel the other part, but if the other part ships before I can cancel it we may get confirmation on two different single-port part numbers.

Unless you get into hardware hacking the dual-port parts that came from the f150, explorer, and Lincolns will render the front port as nothing more than a lint catcher. Personally, I always plug my phone into the console bin port so my passengers have easy access to the tray port.

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
If you could source a Male micro B to 2 Female micro B cables (splitter) this could be done behind the new 2 port hub and depending if Sync would allow, you would then have 2 in the console and 1 in the bezel.

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
If you could source a Male micro B to 2 Female micro B cables (splitter) this could be done behind the new 2 port hub and depending if Sync would allow, you would then have 2 in the console and 1 in the bezel.

I think you would need a chip in there... That may work, but it would be one port or the other. I don't think both would work at the same time

Sponsored

DraXxus1549

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone know if the update will work on a Focus ST with sync 3? Or is it mustang only right now?

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
apple user i assume? my front works just fine
not if you upgrade to dual usb ports for center console :doh: iphone people should just get the single new hub interface and not lose the front usb

Anyone know if the update will work on a Focus ST with sync 3? Or is it mustang only right now?
it works with any 2016 ford model that has sync 3 with nav or no nav (different files for each)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
iphone people should just get the single new hub interface and not lose the front usb
I don't know, I kind of dig on the idea of having two in the center console!

What I may do is just wire power into the front USB port for charging, but keep the two hidden port for data connection.

:cheers:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP