NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Anyone noticed that Android auto is NOT utilizing the car built in GPS antenna (for those that have NAV)...? ....
it should utilize the car built in GPS antenna but in my case every time i use Maps in AA it require me to switch my phone accuracy to "High Accuracy" aka GPS on. ...
it does not look like it's a "setting" somewhere...
It makes sense that it would use the phone GPS when utilizing Android Auto actually.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looks like all the links to non-nav have been pulled. Bleh.

Sponsored

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP

winstoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon!
Just installed the dual USB module. Super easy 5 minute process and I'm the least handy person there is.

My personal phone is Android and my work phone is iPhone. I've been using Android Auto for a few days and have just been playing with Apple CarPlay. I find neither one especially compelling. The advantage of Android Auto is the always up-to-date Google Maps I suppose, even though my Mustang is equipped with nav. None the less, I'm pleased that the promise Ford made to support both tools has finally been fulfilled, even if I was required to purchase the new module. But not so sure I will use either one all that much. Sync 3 and Sirius will probably remain my go to.

Last edited:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Just installed the dual USB module. Super easy 5 minute process and I'm the least handy person there is.

My personal phone is Android and my work phone is iPhone. I've been using Android Auto for a few days and have just been playing with Apple CarPlay. I find neither one especially compelling. The advantage of Android Auto is the always up-to-date Google Maps I suppose, even though my Mustang is equipped with nav. None the less, I'm pleased that the promise Ford made to support both tools has finally been fulfilled, even if I was required to purchase the new module. But not so sure I will use either one all that much. Sync 3 and Sirius will probably remain by go to.
Just to be clear... Ford hasn't yet.:doh:

DanMc85

The Source
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD 2.0L
This is why I don't buy used cars.
Seriously lol... I agree 100%. This isn't that bad... what's worse is when people start messing with FORScan and similar programs to modify the stock computer settings. And you get a used car and stuff is all out of wack lol.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Seriously lol... I agree 100%. This isn't that bad... what's worse is when people start messing with FORScan and similar programs to modify the stock computer settings. And you get a used car and stuff is all out of wack lol.
I friend of mine bought a used audi a6 that was tuned by the previous owner but the dealer didn't know. He's had 2 engines blow on it in 6 months and they are refusing to replace the engine a second time.

Sponsored

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
So it this the right part number for our cars? HU5Z19A387A I have read through this thread since day one and I don't want to get the wrong thing.

Thanks guys. Updating Sync as we speak.

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Just want to confirm (again) that the GJ7Z-19A387-B works perfectly. Yes, the front usb stops working. Someone said on here that the front usb still charges. Mine doesn't. But the two ports in my console work great.

I think I am going to order this: https://www.amazon.com/Metra-AX-USB...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YXSTZKM2C8MKMRVWNCB6 This should allow me to plug in the cars front port to one of my center console usb ports, so I have the option of either combination. Just a warning, I'm not sure if this will work so I am not responsible if something goes wrong!

winstoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon!
Just want to confirm (again) that the GJ7Z-19A387-B works perfectly. Yes, the front usb stops working. Someone said on here that the front usb still charges. Mine doesn't. But the two ports in my console work great.

I think I am going to order this: https://www.amazon.com/Metra-AX-USB...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YXSTZKM2C8MKMRVWNCB6 This should allow me to plug in the cars front port to one of my center console usb ports, so I have the option of either combination. Just a warning, I'm not sure if this will work so I am not responsible if something goes wrong!
That should work. But personally I think I prefer having my 2 USBs in the armrest - it's just cleaner. But keeping the original module for when I sell the car down the line...

The front USB is completely unpowered with the 2 USB module. No way it can charge.

Yawnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT [Ruby Red]

Let me know if that works out for you.

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
Well I successfully upgraded to v2.2. No problems. I also just ordered HU5Z-19A387-A from fordparts.com. Hopefully this will all work. :-)
Sponsored