Tesla style head unit for the S550?

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
$1300 is an insult for some chinese no name crap

if it was $500-$600 - would consider.

just wait till one of 8 different companies releases it under a different unknown brand.
Sponsored

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
Put a monster energy logo as a preloaded background and call the brand something edgy and it'll sell like hotcakes, no matter how shit the unit actually is.

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
You're calling it Chinese no-name crap without knowing much about it. This could be made by a company that manufactures for tons of the companies you know, and love.

People are falling all over themselves to buy a $600 unit from Modiction that is most likely Chinese manufactured, and still keeps the troublesome Ford Sync module. It just puts a bigger screen on it, and adds iGo navigation.

People thought Foxcon was no name crap in the PC world until they found out that Foxcon manufactured for Apple.

All I'm saying is jumping to conclusions before we know much about it, is a little much. At the end of the day, most of what you buy is Chinese no-name crap, with a name painted on it.

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
People are falling all over themselves to buy a $600 unit from Modiction that is most likely Chinese manufactured, and still keeps the troublesome Ford Sync module. It just puts a bigger screen on it, and adds iGo navigation.
I think most of the guys who have been waiting know exactly what the "Moddiction" model is and know what they are getting into. Hell the Raxiom is more or less the Sintegrate/TomTop one as well. The thing most are excited about is the actual support you will receive buying from a vendor or reputable company vs a fly by night Ebayer or Instagram bro.

Sponsored

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
I completely agree. Hell I'm thinking about getting the Modiction unit. I just don't like jumping to conclusions about things.

I looked at the website for the guy on Instagram, and he seems to run, or be part of, a media and production company that deals specifically automotive. Who knows, he may have an inside track we don't know about.

If it turns out to be crap, I'll be the first to admit it, but seeing as we don't have many upgrade options right now, I want to hear about every little thing someone finds.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Interesting concept.
This really is how new cars should have just a giant center control panel with all the stuff on it.
Nothing wrong with a bigger screen BUT getting rid of any buttons or knobs that would be used while the car is in motion is a bad thing. Knobs and buttons (if designed right) can be operated without taking eyes off the road, touch screens can't.

Ford deserves and received a lot of credit for reinstating and/or retaining buttons and knobs. Definitely has saved lives.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
way too big

Might as well screw a 20" TV monitor to the center stack...

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Based off my observation of auto climate control, and the 4 switches next to the start button, I'm left believing this setup is meant to replace the premium MFT or Sync3 system. I dunno if this would work on the base system

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
I just looked at the companies Alibaba site. It looks like they are a factory that manufactures for companies, and has decided to sell those designs direct, at least as far as body parts go.

This unit is Android 4.4.4 (Kit Kat) based. Should be easy to mod the software for any Android developers out there.

isoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Ooooh I just ordered my Moddiction one but maybe in the future I will replace it with this after it gets smooth and what not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)