Custom Rear Diffuser

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost Premium
Simply testing the waters for something that I've been working on recently. If this is the wrong area to post this, admins please move.

For some time lately I've been noticing the aftermarket rear diffusers that people seem to love for their rear bumpers. Some include cutting the bumper,some include buying a new rear valence all together. I've came up with a design that I think may appeal to some peoples taste. I have had these laser cut from 1/8" thick aluminum, and will be painting them to match my cars color. They attach one of two ways, either with 3M tape, or by drilling two 1/8" holes per fin, and I plan on grouping 4 fins per set, so 8 small 1/8" holes in the underside of the rear bumper. These should fit premiums and regular models alike with the way I've designed them.

I will post pictures of my own car used for testing later this afternoon as I have finally finished prototyping and test fitting today. If there is a substantial interest in these, I would definitely be inclined to make more. Stay tuned for pictures! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Yes, almost picture the RTR rear valence with the spike fins below the bumper. Don't worry, I'll have pictures up today.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Diffuser?

"diffusers are usually used to direct the air a certain way not "cut" the air so to speak hence why they are mainly on the back end of a car or under it. Splitters are up front because they create a plane where the air is split into 2+ distinct flows."

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Diffuser?

"diffusers are usually used to direct the air a certain way not "cut" the air so to speak hence why they are mainly on the back end of a car or under it. Splitters are up front because they create a plane where the air is split into 2+ distinct flows."
Thank you Aaron, notice that I posted the original post at 2am, and my tiredness was getting the best of me! This is what I meant to say :headbonk: no idea why I used "splitter"

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Thank you Aaron, notice that I posted the original post at 2am, and my tiredness was getting the best of me! This is what I meant to say :headbonk: no idea why I used "splitter"
Always interested in seeing a new product. I imagine your idea will be for a Premium bumper only?

OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Always interested in seeing a new product. I imagine your idea will be for a Premium bumper only?
The way I've designed it, it should fit regular and premiums, but I've not had the benefit of having a base model to test fit to, yet.

Sponsored

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Yeah, I'm ready for pics. And of course, you post this the week after I complete my Premium bumper conversion...lol.

OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Should have pics up before the end of the day guys. I'm currently painting my personal set, as to show how they would actually look once installed on my car.