zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
And they are in! Installing this weekend! Will have a sound clip up when I finish! It will basically be a magnaflow competition with the stock resonator and shorty headers.
IMG_0169.jpg
Sponsored

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
Oh the temptation.... have fun, looking forward to hearing your verdict on the shorty headers.

Oh and question regarding muffler delete. Thinking about taking off the Outlaws by removing the clamps and taking it off. If i drive it like that and do a couple wot runs, and cruise at 60 70 and 80, would that give me a good idea on how a muffler delete would sound or is that something thats npt recommended

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Oh the temptation.... have fun, looking forward to hearing your verdict on the shorty headers.

Oh and question regarding muffler delete. Thinking about taking off the Outlaws by removing the clamps and taking it off. If i drive it like that and do a couple wot runs, and cruise at 60 70 and 80, would that give me a good idea on how a muffler delete would sound or is that something thats npt recommended
The only issue with that is the fact that you will have resonation from under the car. Something that you wouldn't normally have with muffler deletes. Also, the Outlaws remove the rear hangers so there wouldn't be anything other then the front clamps and the headers holding the heavy resonator on.... Its possible but I would not suggest it.

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
Guys

Heres a quick exhaust video of my stang with Borla Stinger + BBK shoties + Roush CAI
I have uploaded more videos on my channel.

Normal revvs
Cold start
Warm start

Hope you enjoy the crackles. :D
Hows the crackle when driving? Can you hear it in the cabin? Man I really wish those could work like the jaguar ftype's crackles

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
Anyone tried Bassani exhaust? I was told that they are pretty good for 11-14 v6s and have relesed a kit for s550

Sponsored

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
Hows the crackle when driving? Can you hear it in the cabin? Man I really wish those could work like the jaguar ftype's crackles
Well its no Jaguar :D and more over crackles in jaguar I believe are computer generated.

Yes you can hear decent amount of crackles during declaration and downshifts but not as heavy as in F type not sure how good my cam picked up in the rev videos.

Mov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6
The only issue with that is the fact that you will have resonation from under the car. Something that you wouldn't normally have with muffler deletes. Also, the Outlaws remove the rear hangers so there wouldn't be anything other then the front clamps and the headers holding the heavy resonator on.... Its possible but I would not suggest it.

Curious to why you are going shorties over the current setup. I've been following this thread for a while now and the exhaust setup I'm leaning towards is LT with OR X/H (Still haven't decided) and maybe Quad tip Corsa? Still not to sure yet.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB

You could consider getting some 18" 2.25" pipe (or longer and cut to length) pieces from your local auto parts store and either temporarily suspend the backs somehow just for testing. Even might be able to use old school hangers for that support. Slide the parts on, test, wipe down parts and return parts. ;)

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
Yea ill have to do some testing this friday unless i can find someone thats got a muffler delete near me.

When doing the muffler delete do the pipes have to be bent. Will the shop know or should i go to them with specific requirements.

I honestly feel like a muffler delete with 2.25" piping will have less drone then the outlaws which have 3 inch piping and the useless mufflers that are attached.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
After listening to some vids...im thinking i might do a muff delete too

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
And probably sell my lethal catless midd pipe legs

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Curious to why you are going shorties over the current setup. I've been following this thread for a while now and the exhaust setup I'm leaning towards is LT with OR X/H (Still haven't decided) and maybe Quad tip Corsa? Still not to sure yet.
I mostly just prefer the "tuned" sound you can achieve with shorties over the brute force sound of the LTs.

If you are considering the LTs, as I said before, mine will be for sale soon with a very nice discount off of MSRP. Pm me if interested.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
Well its no Jaguar :D and more over crackles in jaguar I believe are computer generated.

Yes you can hear decent amount of crackles during declaration and downshifts but not as heavy as in F type not sure how good my cam picked up in the rev videos.
How much louder than stock do you think it is? Like twice as loud?

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Just got back from having Roush Axle Back exhaust installed on my 2015 V6 convertible. Here's a comparison.

Not loving the drone between 1500-2000 RPM :mad::frusty: