2015 Mustang V6 Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
Guys

Heres a quick exhaust video of my stang with Borla Stinger + BBK shoties + Roush CAI
I have uploaded more videos on my channel.

Normal revvs
Cold start
Warm start

Hope you enjoy the crackles. :D
Sponsored

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
Guys

Heres a quick exhaust video of my stang with Borla Stinger + BBK shoties + Roush CAI
I have uploaded more videos on my channel.

Normal revvs
Cold start
Warm start

Hope you enjoy the crackles. :D
I noticed you had the axle back , will the catback sound different? ( I plan on buying it within the upcoming months

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
I noticed you had the axle back , will the catback sound different? ( I plan on buying it within the upcoming months
Not that it would be any different sounding but will be a bit louder due to smaller middle resonator.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Noticed that I have no drone right after initial startup for about a mile or 2. Then it seems like as soon as everything warms up, it starts to drone like crazy.

I dont know, I might switch back from the Outlaws to the stock axlebacks. Really wanted something that was louder than stock but not being able to cruise with the windows up at 70 or 80 mph does not work for me. I may just have the stock tips cut off and get 4 inch tips welded on the stock mufflers.
After spending way too many days/ weeks playing with Magnaflow muffler and tip combo's, I eventually gave up on deleting the drone. I found that resonated tips decreased the tone slightly (over the 4.5" i.d. MF tips that my MF's started with), but that the muffler itself was the source of the drone. After giving up and having the stock mufflers and tips back on for a while, it came to me...

I had learned that the 4.5" non resonator MF tips 'amplified' (like a trumpet as an exhaust guy explained) what ever the muffler was outputting, including the unpleasant drone from both sets of MF mufflers. So duh, as a last stich effort,I put them onto the oem mufflers to amplify 'that' sound! I sawed off the oem tips from the oem mufflers and put the 4.5" (trumpet affect) MF tips onto the oem mufflers. It sounded a 'bit' louder than stock, which I settled for. I still miss the sweet deep and medium loud exhaust tone of MF mufflers, but the drone drove me nuts. It certainly does not sound as good in the car as the MF's but I think it probably is noticeable from stock away from the car, but subtly.

I never did do another drive away video to confirm that. Hah, before I invest the time to swap back the MF mufflers to recall what I am missing, I think I'll do that video. Less work, especially as I'd likely swap back to stock w/in a week again. :lol:

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
I got some cell phone video doing 70-74 mph on the highway, no idea how to post it but its loud...

So question for everyone. Outlaws vs Muffler Delete. Which is louder, which has more drone. (To me Outlaws has a 9.0 out of 10 on the drone scale, I would give it a 10 but im sure theres other stuff out there that are worse and its bearable at 55mph which is the max for some people.)

Id hate to have spent 600 bucks and end up back at stock if I can be happy with something else so could use some help.

If a muffler delete can give me something that sounds good at WOT and little to no drone cruising between 1800 to 2300 ill be happy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I ran muffler deletes for awhile (and likely will again when my shorty headers arrive)... You get some drone on acceleration but when cruising at 60-70 it was near stock sound levels.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So speaking of that.... My LTs will be for sale starting Sunday! They are ceramic coated in good condition. Asking $400 shipped! PM if interested... I'll be making an official sale thread when I have them out of the car this weekend. My shorty headers arrive tomorrow!

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
Ever cruise at 80? I do so much highway driving that i spend a ton of time up at 70 or 80 mph cruising.

I get drone while accelerating and anything over 55 except WOT which sounds good so if the drone is less with muffler delete and it still sounds good, then i may have the shop switch me to a muffler delete with 2.25 inch piping and some nice tips.

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
Oh and after you recommended the shorty headers, i have been heavily contemplating making a move for some ceramic ones lol. Not sure if its something i can install myself tho.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
So speaking of that.... My LTs will be for sale starting Sunday! They are ceramic coated in good condition. Asking $400 shipped! PM if interested... I'll be making an official sale thread when I have them out of the car this weekend. My shorty headers arrive tomorrow!
Zack,
What are you not getting from your long tubes? What do you anticipate getting from shorties? Long time no talk to... funny it is on exhaust again. I would have bet we were both done with THAT path. :D

Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Just got back from having Roush Axle Back exhaust installed on my 2015 V6 convertible. Here's a comparison.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]xpaiP0bMS-0[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Zack,
What are you not getting from your long tubes? What do you anticipate getting from shorties? Long time no talk to... funny it is on exhaust again. I would have bet we were both done with THAT path. :D
Haha yea...... I like the sound you are able to achieve with the shorty headers a bit better then the LTs.... That and I'm looking for a bit more torque lower in the power band. The shorties should help on both fronts.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Oh and after you recommended the shorty headers, i have been heavily contemplating making a move for some ceramic ones lol. Not sure if its something i can install myself tho.
Go LTs! My headers are the same price as shorty ceramics.... :D:D

Haha in all seriousness, whatever header design you chose I would suggest at least having a friend help. Some of the steps really benifit from an extra set of hands. But for the headers it is just bolt on parts. Not as much of a skilled task to do as some think.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow