Sponsored

2015 Mustang V6 Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
How much louder than stock do you think it is? Like twice as loud?
Are you referring to crackles? if it's crackles loudness it would be triple 3-4 times the loudness
Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Drone below 2k....who drives below 2k :p

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Must have a at then. With a stick you almost never see under 2k, unless your driving like a grandma...lol..but i can see that with a AT since they shift all the time

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Must have a at then. With a stick you almost never see under 2k, unless your driving like a grandma...lol..but i can see that with a AT since they shift all the time
In paddle shifters mode, its pretty much close to manual :D It holds gears until you want to change . Just sayin

Sponsored

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
In paddle shifters mode, its pretty much close to manual :D It holds gears until you want to change . Just sayin
In stop-and-go traffic with a manual, you will also be in the 2k range quite a bit. Just Sayin' :cheers:

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
[MENTION=20355]racinreddy[/MENTION] please make a video driving with your window down to hear the exhaust during stops and accelerating please !

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
I mean....ive done a number of different exhaust setups...even without cats...ive never had drone that was even remotely annoying...i dont know if you guys like silence...orrr...?? Lol. Also...none of you have a vlue about drone till you have a catless wrx....or a v8 car with dumped mufflers...drone that shakes mirrors and causes hearing loss...thats drone lol...lets face it....light drone, and some rasp are things we have to deal with when it comes to the 3.7...if you get 100% rid of the drone...you now have a silent car lol...and thats no fun either....to each his own i suppose. I even drove around town below 2k this weekend....nothing worth reporting back about...headers, no cats...x pipe...no resonators...amd some magnaflows. Maybe if i had flowmasters, it would be annoying but i think it sounds great below 3k :p

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=20355]racinreddy[/MENTION] please make a video driving with your window down to hear the exhaust during stops and accelerating please !
Sure Mate. I am planning to buy a good go pro this weekend and plan to do some tunnel runs, window up, window down sound clips. :D

Sponsored

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Vert
I mean....ive done a number of different exhaust setups...even without cats...ive never had drone that was even remotely annoying...i dont know if you guys like silence...orrr...?? Lol. Also...none of you have a vlue about drone till you have a catless wrx....or a v8 car with dumped mufflers...drone that shakes mirrors and causes hearing loss...thats drone lol...lets face it....light drone, and some rasp are things we have to deal with when it comes to the 3.7...if you get 100% rid of the drone...you now have a silent car lol...and thats no fun either....to each his own i suppose. I even drove around town below 2k this weekend....nothing worth reporting back about...headers, no cats...x pipe...no resonators...amd some magnaflows. Maybe if i had flowmasters, it would be annoying but i think it sounds great below 3k :p
Man right now I wish I could hear drone or anything else. With the stock exhaust and the top either up or down while cruising I can only hear wind and road noise, and on acceleration I only hear revs from the engine itself coming from the front. I never hear the stock exhaust. I'm sure if I replaced it with something extra loud it would get tiring after awhile, but right now I just want to be able to hear more than tire roar.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
muffler deletes.... ;)

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd

Bbk shorties, stock cats, sr gt x pipe res delete, magnaflow 4x9x14 mufflers welded to stock pipes, ebay quad tips. Too quiet for my tastes, but sounds nice. Might remive mofflers and do magnaflow14" resonators, or juat go straight pipe

15Stealth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Fastback V6
Hey everyone. Newbie here. sorry if this isn't the right place for this Question-But when I first brought my V6 15' Stang home from the dealer I just loved the sound of the engine in the cabin-that was back in Aug 15' and always enjoyed that sound. Recently I changed the exhaust - everything after the resonator. I put on some universal Magnaflows - my question is, after doing an exhaust change did anyone else lose that nice engine cabin sound? If so, any fixes? Or did I do something wrong? Appreciate any input from the pros out there.
Sponsored