Sponsored

Auto rev match in manual?

Jubilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
I just put one in mine. very very cool! Quite a bit of adjustability. The only issue i see is with the 3-2 downshift. It naturally takes a fraction longer to make that downshift compared to say a 4-3, so the timing is a bit off. Otherwise a great upgrade!!!

You can keep it off for street driving, so no issue there....
How hard is installation?
Sponsored

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
How hard is installation?
Pretty simple install. 6 wire connections, wire taps come with the kit. I installed the controller in the center console, upside down over the coin holder. Wire connections are easier if you disconnect the factory connectors from their sensors. Then just follow the calibration procedure, set the blip and delay...:thumbsup:

[/url]2016-04-26_03-06-49 by Performance Restoration, on Flickr[/IMG]

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Cool! Looking forward to some on-track impressions from those who have installed this already. Mostly curious how the various settings work, and whether the unit is using gear ratios to set the blip, or if the amount of blip is set via the duration adjustment (which is what I gathered from their website, but I didn't get that far into my investigation).

EDIT: just found the user manual on their website and it answered the questions above. Since the unit doe do an open loop "blip" for a set amound of time, I am most interested in how well that works for the different gear spacing

-T

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has no idea what gear you're in, just blips when it senses brake and clutch together...

3FIFTYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
sullivan racing pedals, garage line spacer. stop being lazy.

in all honesty, with those mods, it is stupid easy to heel/toe.
Did the Sullivan Racing pedals fit on your GT350 without any modifications? My understanding is that the GT350 pedals are shaped differently than on the base Mustang/GT. Also so you mind elaborating on garage line spacers? Thanks!

Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
You will never notice the track mode suspension capabilities on the road. You will definitely feel how good it is on the track.
Wait a minute... track mode has a different suspension setup than sport mode? I did not know that!! Very cool. And yes, I fell off the boat yesterday! ;)

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait a minute... track mode has a different suspension setup than sport mode? I did not know that!! Very cool. And yes, I fell off the boat yesterday! ;)
I don't think track and sport suspension settings are any different, but track probably removes more of the traction control nannies...... He's just pointing out that you can't take full advantage of those settings on the street.:headbang:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
sullivan racing pedals, garage line spacer. stop being lazy.

in all honesty, with those mods, it is stupid easy to heel/toe.
100% agree. I put my SRP pedals on along with the garage line spacer a few months ago and love them. I took a different approach with mounting the SRP though. I re-arched the pedals and only drilled one hole in the center of the steel pedal and tapped it. Then I made a delrin insert for the gas pedal.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Will those parts work on a Mustang GT? Where can I get them?

It does seem like the pedals are a bit too widely spaced from the factory to properly heel-toe...
Yes.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
I installed the SRPs and I can heel/toe pretty well but I just bought the AutoBlip as well. If it works as advertised, it will be one less thing to have to concentrate on when tracking. Every little bit helps and now days most folks are just flapping paddles so any little advantage I can get I will take. I think it's safer too; a poorly executed downshift can spin you in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I don't think track and sport suspension settings are any different, but track probably removes more of the traction control nannies...... He's just pointing out that you can't take full advantage of those settings on the street.:headbang:
Track mode definitely feels more firm to me than sport. When in track mode you can switch between Sport and Track suspension settings. When in Sport mode you can switch between Normal and Sport suspension settings. Normal --> Sport --> Track all feel progressively stiffer to me.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I must not have hit send....

I've had auto-blip on my 93 for a couple of years. You guys are right, it indiscriminately blips the throttle when you press the brake and then the clutch (has to be in that order or it does not blip). I see a lot of you are concerned about skipping down two gears? Well, don't do that, first of all...but IF you do, I find it's "good enough" to do it's job and reduce or prevent any upset to the rear tires/excessive engine braking.

So while it's not perfect and like you guys have alluded to, it doesn't calculate and match the exact RPM that it's "blipping" to in regards to the gear you are selecting, what it does is usually close enough and once you set the delay and duration of the blip, you don't really have to mess with it any more. Remember, even when YOU heel/toe, you're never blipping to the exact rpm of the gear you're selecting - and either does this. It works when your foot does it and it works when auto-blip does it.

I think it's an excellent solution for those that desire it. It works best at the track when you're using it as it's designed.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't get the auto blip thing, but then again I'm a track novice. Don't you guys downshift in the braking zone prior to turn in? What am I missing?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I don't get the auto blip thing, but then again I'm a track novice. Don't you guys downshift in the braking zone prior to turn in? What am I missing?
Auto blip does just that. It "blips" the throttle during a down shift to rev match. It's takes place of heel toe down shifting to avoid disturbing the drivetrain during down shifts.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yes, but to properly downshift you need to blip the throttle to get the RPMS to match going into a lower gear. This requires a heal-toe (blipping the throttle while simultaneously braking). This module uses the drive-by wire aspect of the car to eliminate needing to blip the throttle yourself. A perfectly executed heel-toe feels great, but if its not perfect you can unsettle the car depending on how you flub it.
Sponsored