Sponsored

Should I pull the trigger on 16 GT350 Track or wait for 17?

cynep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
Hey, forum n00b here looking to pull the triger on my first Little Pony.

1st - does anyone know when 17s are going to be actually in showrooms? That will help with some of the questions below.

I have 2 competing options: Red/white stripe with Tech or Blue/black stripe with Track. Blue is preferred, however lighting blue for the 17MY is my ideal color. I'm also not big on track and its spartan accommodations vs Tech. But since 17 will have track package standard, I can throw in some toys and get dual climate + heated/cooled seats. If that didn't pan out and I went with 16 - I wonder how that would ding up the value of 16's with track package, considering on 17's it would be standard?

Considering both of these 2016 GT350s are $2k over MSRP (best deal I found), I'm wondering whether I should:

A) Go back to square one and try to find a dealer willing to put me on the list for 2017, hoping I won't get raped on price....

B) Go with Red with Tech (preferred package, but not my primary color choice)

C) Go with track Blue I have a deposit on and loan approval for, knowing it will compare to 2017 base GT350 and not be the exact configuration and lightning blue that I like so much?

The prospect of having to re-do the whole hunt/negotiation thing all over again... and then waiting up to year to get the 2017 has me in a conundrum.

As a gripe, though, Ford should really step in on this price gouging - it is obscene. Speaking of gouging, what are everyone's thoughts on these deals?

edit: I'm done - walking away from Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
1st - does anyone know when 17s are going to be actually in showrooms? That will help with some of the questions below.
Several months most likely. But who cares about showroom floor. Secure an allocation and order it.

I have 2 competing options: Red/white stripe with Tech or Blue/black stripe with Track. Blue is preferred, however lighting blue for the 17MY is my ideal color. I'm also not big on track and its spartan accommodations vs Tech. But since 17 will have track package standard, I wonder how that would ding up the value of 16's with track package?
The "Track Pack" no longer exists on MY '17 so it's kinda irrelevant. A GT350 is a GT350 at this point.

Considering both are $2k over MSRP (best deal I found), I'm wondering whether I should go back to square one and try to find a dealer willing to put me on the list for 2017, hoping I won't get raped on price.... Or get Red with Tech (preferred package, but not my primary color choice). Of course, I can just go with track Blue I have a deposit on and loan approval for, but knowing it will compare to 2017 base GT350 and not in exact blue I like so much.
$2K over isn't bad according to some people and your area. Do your homework, call around, and make an educated decision. It just is what it is really.

As a gripe, though, Ford should really step in on this price gouging - it is obscene. Speaking of gouging, what are everyone's thoughts on these deals?
Fair warning: if you open this can of worms, you will have 50 posts by next hour on Oxford University's definition of "beating a dead horse" and some pissed off Admins. Don't go there.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
There wont be any value difference between a 16 track pack and 17 base, they are essentially identical cars. Get the color and options you like, if you want navigation and lightning blue, sounds like the 17 is the way to go

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Exactly. This is a car that you need to get what you want. It can't be rationalized by money. It's what BMW M's USED to be...

Sponsored

OP
OP

cynep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
Exactly. This is a car that you need to get what you want. It can't be rationalized by money. It's what BMW M's USED to be...
spoken like a :ford: dealer - while I agree it's a sweet mama, I find it hard to swallow that for only $5K or so more, I'm in a (ultra low mileage) GT-R territory.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Weigh your options. One way or another someone will buy it so it's not like we're fan boying. I ran when I couldn't find a car without ADM. Finally found one for an ADM that really was non existent, jumped on it. I had NO qualms with looking at C7 Z51's.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
If you want one before the fall, buy the 16. If color means that much to you and you can/want to wait, wait for the 17.

OP
OP

cynep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
Weigh your options. One way or another someone will buy it so it's not like we're fan boying. I ran when I couldn't find a car without ADM. Finally found one for an ADM that really was non existent, jumped on it. I had NO qualms with looking at C7 Z51's.
So, I'm not clear - did you pay ADM or not?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
spoken like a :ford: dealer - while I agree it's a sweet mama, I find it hard to swallow that for only $5K or so more, I'm in a (ultra low mileage) GT-R territory.
Two very different cars. Im sure you are aware of the maintenance and tranny replacement costs on those? They make a tech pack hot tranny looks like childs play

Sponsored
OP
OP

cynep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
I'm out. The worst car shopping experience EVER. Pulled my deposit, cancelled the sale - my first foray into 'Stang territory and I'm ready for anything but this. F*ck this "got ya over the barrel bullshit". Never again will deal with Ford. Ever. Bye.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
I'm out. The worst car shopping experience EVER. Pulled my deposit, cancelled the sale - my first foray into 'Stang territory and I'm ready for anything but this. F*ck this "got ya over the barrel bullshit". Never again will deal with Ford. Ever. Bye.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You're looking at a limited edition vehicle brother. It's not the typical walk in the dealer and lets make a deal kind of buy. If you order, yes, u MIGHT get it somewhere around MSRP. But that isn't a "Ford" thing. try to go buy a Hellcat.. see how that goes. Very limited vehicles = very limited "dealing" on them. Around me, the few that are actually in stock, are priced $10-$15,000 over MSRP. I would neverrrr consider paying anywhere near that, but somebody will lol

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Ford isn't Porsche or Mercedes. Not sure any of us bought our GT350s for the customer service. I expected poor service, got what I considered to be phenomenal service from my dealer, but, it didn't even remotely compare to the service/experience I got at the local Mercedes dealership and I didn't even buy anything...

That being said, I'd recommend the Ford dealership to anyone that was looking for a GT350 as it was the best 'Domestic' experience I have had to date.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Sponsored