Sponsored

Pulled Trigger on 19R, now with track updates

sfzobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
I have been watching these forums for some time and I am about ready to purchase a clean low mileage 2019R from a dealer. Knowing the times we are in, the price is high (low 80s), but the spec I want. It’s amazing how similar mile late 18Rs are selling for 10k less for nearly the same car/engine.

Knowing there are only a few 19s for sale (I’m watching the one on BaT), why are KBB and NADA so far off on pricing? They are showing high 60s/low 70s for value. I only worry if something happens and I have a loss, that I will have an issue with the insurance company for replacement.

Thanks
Sponsored

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
I just went through this dilemma with KBB when searching for a Z4M

If there are not that many gt350r's in the market, then they have less data points to go off of & they are less accurate in their estimates.

In rarer cars, I would say KBB is less reliable.

KBB =/= Market Value.

KBB is a great indicator for common cars, but the rarer a car is, the less accurate they become.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I have been watching these forums for some time and I am about ready to purchase a clean low mileage 2019R from a dealer. Knowing the times we are in, the price is high (low 80s), but the spec I want. It’s amazing how similar mile late 18Rs are selling for 10k less for nearly the same car/engine.

Knowing there are only a few 19s for sale (I’m watching the one on BaT), why are KBB and NADA so far off on pricing? They are showing high 60s/low 70s for value. I only worry if something happens and I have a loss, that I will have an issue with the insurance company for replacement.

Thanks
What kind of replacement are you hoping the insurance gives you?

And yes, there's not enough difference throughout any year 350 that makes a huge difference. Although, 16's didn't have certain coolers that were added at 17. Other than that, you'd be hard pressed to know the differences. Still, $80k? I'm glad i bought when i did...

OP
OP

sfzobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Market is obviously high right now, but to be fair, dealers around me (Sf Bay Area) always had huge markets up these cars so even in the low 80s it’s still nearly 10k over msrp which seems nuts until you look at all these C8s selling for 15k over msrp and there is nothing special about them. My question is really whether or not insurance would pay me market price vs actual price.

thanks for the tip with hagerty, I’m with travelers and we have a lot of cars so adding a car adds very little to the premium.

As to the 18 vs 19 value, I guess I’m just confused at the pricing differences.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Just about any of the major carriers will do stated value now. With this type of car make sure your policy is in line with the car’s value. I’d be surprised if Traveler’s didn’t offer it. 19’s and especially 20’s are just more desirable. There closer to the end of the run, but some will say it’s the “updated” motors. It is what it is. If cost is a concern I wouldn’t bat an eye at buying a low mileage 19 or 20 reg 350. There both awesome.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Just about any of the major carriers will do stated value now. With this type of car make sure your policy is in line with the car’s value. I’d be surprised if Traveler’s didn’t offer it. 19’s and especially 20’s are just more desirable. There closer to the end of the run, but some will say it’s the “updated” motors. It is what it is. If cost is a concern I wouldn’t bat an eye at buying a low mileage 19 or 20 reg 350. There both awesome.
Buy it
Enjoy it
Drive the shit out of it

OP
OP

sfzobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Luckily I’m 40 min to Sonoma and 90 to Laguna Seca and Thunderhill. Only bummer will be sound at Laguna and having to lift up the hill. My last car was a ZL1 and even that didn’t make sound on 90db days.

This is being bought purely as a track toy with limited street use.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
If I was that close to two facilities like that I’d do the same. Congrats.

Luckily I’m 40 min to Sonoma and 90 to Laguna Seca and Thunderhill. Only bummer will be sound at Laguna and having to lift up the hill. My last car was a ZL1 and even that didn’t make sound on 90db days.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer

Sponsored

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

Switch to the normal mode as you are braking for the left hander to go up the hill. Switch back to sport mode after you pass the sound meter.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Regarding insurance value, I went through a similar situation recently so may be able to offer some insight on the process. I had a fully loaded 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with every available option including some most dealers didn't even know about at the time. I don't remember exact MSRP but it was over $50k. Was delivered in 2019. Last year I was stopped and hit from behind by a distracted driver and the Jeep was totaled. The KBB value was something like $37k because it didn't even have a way to factor in some of the options costing thousands. I selected to dispute the value, and it began an appraisal process like for a house. I had to find 3 sales within the past 12 months that had to meet certain qualifications to be considered comparable. Then you go back and forth with the adjuster until you get to an agreed value based on the 3 comparable vehicles. The end value ended up being much closer to what I actually paid. Obviously it could be different for different insurances, but I wouldn't just assume that if the car is totaled you'll only ever see a KBB value.

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
Switch to the normal mode as you are braking for the left hander to go up the hill. Switch back to sport mode after you pass the sound meter.
He'll still have to lift. WOT will open the exhaust valves even in Normal mode.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Market is obviously high right now, but to be fair, dealers around me (Sf Bay Area) always had huge markets up these cars so even in the low 80s it’s still nearly 10k over msrp which seems nuts until you look at all these C8s selling for 15k over msrp and there is nothing special about them. My question is really whether or not insurance would pay me market price vs actual price.

thanks for the tip with hagerty, I’m with travelers and we have a lot of cars so adding a car adds very little to the premium.

As to the 18 vs 19 value, I guess I’m just confused at the pricing differences.
I bought my car in the bay area right when Covid hit and dealers were in a panic.

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition