Sponsored

Ready to pull the trigger

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
I think I have a deal I am ready to pull the trigger on for an out of state 350. I am curious if anyone is savvy with ensuring one is not getting charged incorrect taxes or fee's from the out of state dealer. I was told over the phone that I would be charged the same taxes on this deal as I would if I were buying right here in Scottsdale, AZ. I also noticed they had a $900 Lieu tax on top of my sales tax. From previous cost break down worksheets I have not seen a lieu tax listed. From the little info I could find doing my homework on this, the lieu tax could translate into a form of property tax on the vehicle. If this jives with what you all have seen in your purchases please let me know!

Thanks!
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I believe I read that if you get transfer plates from the selling dealer, you won't pay tax until you register your vehicle in state. I'm no expert, but that is what I recall.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
See if they will use a third party title company. My dealer used a company called Jupiter. For a fee of about 150 it was as if I had done my deal in state.

Last edited:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Lieu tax is the difference in tax rate between the selling dealer and where you live as far as I know. As in, the selling localities get the sales tax at rate X and AZ's localities get the difference in rate because it's higher.
Sponsored