Sponsored

Pulled Trigger on 19R, now with track updates

Bike4pizza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 perf blue, recaros, handling,tech,carbon dash
Just saw this for sale 19 GT350R with 4500 miles for 60K - they have it listed as a 350 - says title is clean- dont knoow what spec you are looking for but this seems too good to be true - if I had the room I would call and buy to flip

2019 FORD MUSTANG, Stock No: 550154 by Elite Automotive, Erie PA (eliteautomotivepa.com)
Thatā€™s a scam. I have been eyeing the at for a week. Talked with ā€œJamieā€ got videos etc. Scheduled a PPI and he had excuses why they couldnā€™t see it and then it magically ā€œsoldā€. Guarantee he says itā€™s there if you call.

check the google maps of ā€œelite autoā€ and see for yourself. Buyer beware
Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Jamie's house.

1639759237317.png

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I just told Jamie that my cousin Jackie lives in Pennsylvania and is interested in paying cash. Gave him her phone number.

My cousin Jackie. (not really)

1639759803929.png

Reactions: jin

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
KBB and all of those sites are usually way out of touch on enthusiast cars like this. They apply the same depreciation algorithm to everything, it seems. That's not to say some of what you'd be paying isn't part of the covid premium, because it would be. If the market goes down, it will ultimately cause a lower payout. For this kind of car and in these times, I'd highly recommend gap insurance if you are financing a car...and read the fine print as there are coverage limits with gap.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It doesnā€™t make much sense to pay for gap insurance on a car like this or any other specialty vehicle. A stated value policy will cover that as well as what the owner would be out in the event of a total loss without any issueā€™s with an adjusterā€™s value.

KBB and all of those sites are usually way out of touch on enthusiast cars like this. They apply the same depreciation algorithm to everything, it seems. That's not to say some of what you'd be paying isn't part of the covid premium, because it would be. If the market goes down, it will ultimately cause a lower payout. For this kind of car and in these times, I'd highly recommend gap insurance if you are financing a car...and read the fine print as there are coverage limits with gap.

OP
OP

sfzobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Thanks for the responses, another member reached out after I posted this and I bought the car from him. Exactly what I wanted, and should be delivered right before the new year. Interestingly when I got a carfax on the car I bought, they had values way closer to market which was good to see.
Either way, looking forward to getting on the track soon

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
How about a little info on what you got? Congrats.

Thanks for the responses, another member reached out after I posted this and I bought the car from him. Exactly what I wanted, and should be delivered right before the new year. Interestingly when I got a carfax on the car I bought, they had values way closer to market which was good to see.
Either way, looking forward to getting on the track soon

OP
OP

sfzobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
I bought a 19R, low miles with one owner. Black with black stripes, extended warranty, carbon interior, near perfect spec for me. Carrier picking up on Wednesday then about one week transit to me in the San Francisco area. Laguna Seca scheduled for the Jan 2nd, hopefully weather will be compliant. I found another user who built some extension pipes to defeat sound, which I will probably end up doing at some point, but this will be a nice shakedown of the car. I'll post some pictures when it arrives.

OP
OP

sfzobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Quick update on the car, so far the car has been perfect, with a few shortcomings that I was pretty surprised about. I was in a ZL1 for about 4 years then a 991.2 and tracked both, mainly with the ZL1. Can someone explain why, on a track focused (or any car for that matter) there is no tow hook?? I had to cancel my first track day at Laguna because of this. I have the bumper off (way easier than I expected) and the FP hook is coming tomorrow. The second issue that I found odd is that there is no gear indicator on the instrument panel, granted it's not a huge deal but I can't understand why there isn't a option to just show it. The PTM in the ZL1 was really nice, being able to adjust the eLSD to loosen up the rear end as your confidence builds really helped me drive faster and understand the car. Lastly the lack of rev matching is another standard feature on the ZL1. Before you tell me learn how to drive a stick, I can without issue, but it's one more easy thing to help you drive faster on technically demanding tracks like Sonoma. I know of the auto blip and xinerring products and the latter looks pretty slick.

Now the good. I have a 60 mile loop that I drive near my house that is a good mix of hills, some good road, some bumpy road and it ends with high speed sweepers. The chassis feels 500 pounds lighter than it weighs. Turn in was precise and the car was very easy to transition the weight from either side. The brakes are impressive, lots of bite. Compared to the ZL1, it's much more responsive and while I think the magride may be a little better on the chevy (3 positions vs 2), when the road got crappy, it ate up a lot of the bumps well, the chevy seemed to plow through them. Compared to the Porsche which I actually hated driving, it's night and day. The carrera is just too tight with the sport suspension and you feel every tiny bump. Plus for having 450hp, it feels remarkable slow even with the lighter weight. In the San Francisco area, most of the roads are average at best and a lot of the more scenic roads are in fair condition, so the the suspension gets tested a good amount. Either way if were rank the handling, the R is the easy winner. The power delivery in the ZL1 is hard to compete with, but having 8000 revs in 3rd gear kept me pretty happy in most of the tighter turns.

Either way this weekend I am running Thunderhill and I am excited to see how the R runs. After this weekend it's going to Sonoma to get the factory front camber plates installed along with the rear camber brackets and rear subframe alignment kit and track alignment. I probably have 2 days left on the cup2s, which are great but I may go to the PS4 or GY SC3 which I ran on the ZL1 and really liked. Excited for a fun track season ahead.

Sponsored

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Pics?!! We all know what an R looks like but it's still always nice to see some pictures of car!

doublea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R - Triple Yellow
Quick update on the car, so far the car has been perfect, with a few shortcomings that I was pretty surprised about. I was in a ZL1 for about 4 years then a 991.2 and tracked both, mainly with the ZL1. Can someone explain why, on a track focused (or any car for that matter) there is no tow hook?? I had to cancel my first track day at Laguna because of this. I have the bumper off (way easier than I expected) and the FP hook is coming tomorrow. The second issue that I found odd is that there is no gear indicator on the instrument panel, granted it's not a huge deal but I can't understand why there isn't a option to just show it. The PTM in the ZL1 was really nice, being able to adjust the eLSD to loosen up the rear end as your confidence builds really helped me drive faster and understand the car. Lastly the lack of rev matching is another standard feature on the ZL1. Before you tell me learn how to drive a stick, I can without issue, but it's one more easy thing to help you drive faster on technically demanding tracks like Sonoma. I know of the auto blip and xinerring products and the latter looks pretty slick.

Now the good. I have a 60 mile loop that I drive near my house that is a good mix of hills, some good road, some bumpy road and it ends with high speed sweepers. The chassis feels 500 pounds lighter than it weighs. Turn in was precise and the car was very easy to transition the weight from either side. The brakes are impressive, lots of bite. Compared to the ZL1, it's much more responsive and while I think the magride may be a little better on the chevy (3 positions vs 2), when the road got crappy, it ate up a lot of the bumps well, the chevy seemed to plow through them. Compared to the Porsche which I actually hated driving, it's night and day. The carrera is just too tight with the sport suspension and you feel every tiny bump. Plus for having 450hp, it feels remarkable slow even with the lighter weight. In the San Francisco area, most of the roads are average at best and a lot of the more scenic roads are in fair condition, so the the suspension gets tested a good amount. Either way if were rank the handling, the R is the easy winner. The power delivery in the ZL1 is hard to compete with, but having 8000 revs in 3rd gear kept me pretty happy in most of the tighter turns.

Either way this weekend I am running Thunderhill and I am excited to see how the R runs. After this weekend it's going to Sonoma to get the factory front camber plates installed along with the rear camber brackets and rear subframe alignment kit and track alignment. I probably have 2 days left on the cup2s, which are great but I may go to the PS4 or GY SC3 which I ran on the ZL1 and really liked. Excited for a fun track season ahead.
Appreciate the review, and let us know how Thunderhill and Sonoma go too!

OP
OP

sfzobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Appreciate the review, and let us know how Thunderhill and Sonoma go too!
6368896C-F8FB-45D2-84FA-20DF1B13ED74.jpeg
Great day at Thunderhill. Car ran great, zero issues after four sessions. The big adjustment is with the traction control which was pretty severe, especially later in the day as the track got a bit looser. This was expected per my last post about basically having on/off for the traction instead of phased assistance in the ZL1, will just need to get used to it. Car is so well balanced, and excellent on the brakes. The straight I was in the mid 130s and it stopped for a sharp left (was running in reverse configuration which was new to me). Dropped car off at Trentā€™s shop on Monday for front and rear camber plates and rear end alignment install with track alignment, picking up tomorrow. Have a date in Sonoma coming up and a few more days at Thunderhill as well so Iā€™m excited to get more confidence in the drive.

1B0EBB94-5F29-48FF-8864-EA5BBD3B8CB6.jpeg