Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Properly is debatable. You and your mechanic both had a hard time telling me how it was pre-loaded.
I was pretty clear on how it was installed and how many times it was tightened, I'm not going to argue. What is done is done but your replies come off as childish.
Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
I do have the texts that I replied to you, cant believe you would throw me under the bus like this it's almost comical.

A shop called Service Masters installed my condenser and told me they had to mess with the intercooler placement and from the picture they moved the TIP sensor and it must've gotten loose over time.

I did this thread to document another EB blown, I will no longer be replying to this thread because I meant no harm and am taking all blame on this issue since I'm paying out of pocket and not whining. I continuously updated you on this and all you replied was "silly"
Yea, I said it was silly that the dealer didn't want to report to Ford because they are claiming there was no oil.

You didn't reply and tell me how the sensor could of gotten the way it was.

I didn't throw you under the bus, I posted the information about the TIP sensor on the intercooler because you left it out. It was a major factor of why this could of happened.

In my opinion this is not the same type of failure that others have reported and I'm making sure that is clear.

Your situation sucks, but if you are going to share what happened don't leave anything out. Nobody said you were lying.

Also, you gave clear instructions on the wastegate. That is understood but there is no proof that it was installed correctly. However I still don't think it was the fault, it was something completely unrelated.

Again, I point to the TIP sensor so you should speak to the people that didn't tighten it onto the intercooler.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Very sorry for the loss! Can you tell us what mods you had? What intercooler? That's great that you had the AP hooked up, where you data logging? Any chance we could see the logs?

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I was pretty clear on how it was installed and how many times it was tightened, I'm not going to argue. What is done is done but your replies come off as childish.
The issue is that you had a mod which had an improper installation of the sensor, and withheld that information in the initial post.

Motors nowadays rely on information being fed to the ECU. This is to control everything from boost control, to timing, to AFR, everything. An improperly installed sensor is sending incorrect data. The ECU is relying on this incorrect data, and boom. This is what happens.

I can understand you being annoyed by all the accusatory statements but... they had some merit. And now people that don't read the whole thread see another multiple paged topic of someone who blew an engine. And this engine gets a further bad rep.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Very sorry for the loss! Can you tell us what mods you had? What intercooler? That's great that you had the AP hooked up, where you data logging? Any chance we could see the logs?
He logged, and I viewed the logs. The boost just shot up without control, throttle tried to shut but it was too late but there was a clear delay in throttle protection and that is fault of the TIP not seeing full pressure.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Yea, I said it was silly that the dealer didn't want to report to Ford because they are claiming there was no oil.

You didn't reply and tell me how the sensor could of gotten the way it was.

I didn't throw you under the bus, I posted the information about the TIP sensor on the intercooler because you left it out. It was a major factor of why this could of happened.

In my opinion this is not the same type of failure that others have reported and I'm making sure that is clear.

Your situation sucks, but if you are going to share what happened don't leave anything out. Nobody said you were lying.

Also, you gave clear instructions on the wastegate. That is understood but there is no proof that it was installed correctly. However I still don't think it was the fault, it was something completely unrelated.

Again, I point to the TIP sensor so you should speak to the people that didn't tighten it onto the intercooler.
Someone else's that just popped spiked to 30 PSI too. I wonder if they checked the TIP sensor?

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Spidey Senses says there is a lot more to this story.

I suggest you post the log.

As far as the oil issue, there is a lot more to this story. If you did as you said you did and checked the oil, then it's awfully mysterious that the dip stick and the oil mysteriously disappeared. I mean c'mon, you would notice 6+ quarts of oil under the car, on the two truck, etc. You said there were no holes in the block...

and " Random boost spike shot 35 PSI into cylinder 3."?

I am skeptical at this point and think it is bad form to post up this type of post that only feeds the "hysteria".

You said you logged the event, so show us.
I think it's a given that there's more to the story, because oil doesn't vanish into thin air. This isn't a BMW, so there should be a dipstick.

OP's post history is kind of weird too... He has quite a few posts of talking about buying different cars (ATS, CTS, Q50?) and then trying to get a finder's fee on getting in line for a GT350. :shrug: Why would someone get in line for a GT350 when they have so many posts hating on Ford?

Like I said in my thread I'm thinking/hoping this is really just an issue with the early builds. Maybe they improved quality control, slightly modified the design or simply started sourcing parts from a different supplier
I agree with this. The 2.3L Ecoboost is a new engine in a new platform that got a revision a few months into it's life and the pre-revision ones are having more issues than the ones after. This is not uncommon.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think Adam just solidified how important it is that if you don't have the knowledge or tools or time or whatever to do the install properly yourself, then you better be darn sure about the shop you are bringing your car to. That, and make sure on every install regardless if you or someone else does it that you go back within a set time frame to double check on anything that could be loose.

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Before we go an further down the rabbit hole of pointing fingers and assigning scapegoats... everybody take a deep breath... I'd like to see if we can find out the whole story here. I want to see a resolution on the oil issue, which is mighty strange.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I recently installed a big turbo and used the tune + wastegate actuator, when I did a pull on it my car basically did 30+psi on stock engine. Apparently it wasn't compatible with the big turbo. Nothing happened, but I do get smoke out of my exhaust now that I can't seem to pinpoint. I'm surprised mine didn't go boom
Tune+ ADAM what's the deal with this ????

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Tune+ ADAM what's the deal with this ????
Might have been the wrong length actuator rod.

Stock turbo IWG75 versus an EFR IWG75 actuator are two entirely different part numbers.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yet this is another documented 2015 with mods ...

Wstan1101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I still believe the ecobooms in this forum are still minority of all the ecoboost owners. I mean I am Chinese and I have never heard any engine failures in China mustang forum. And there are lots of cars with mods as well. Anyway hope that will not happen any more. That sucks.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.