DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
Wow Ford.

No automatic with PP.

Simply can not drive a manual anymore after years of driving them. My shift knee just can't take it. I can't imagine just how many potential buyers this drives away.

What is it with ford not wanting to put auto's in some of there cars? This must have to do with money? I don't get it.

It should at least be available as an option. Makes me wonder how many sales they lose over this type of mentality. What a cool car they could have with an auto and paddle shifters...
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Wow Ford.

No automatic with PP.

Simply can not drive a manual anymore after years of driving them. My shift knee just can't take it. I can't imagine just how many potential buyers this drives away.

What is it with ford not wanting to put auto's in some of there cars? This must have to do with money? I don't get it.

It should at least be available as an option. Makes me wonder how many sales they lose over this type of mentality. What a cool car they could have with an auto and paddle shifters...
Not enough apparently to offer it. If there was truly that much demand out there they would offer it.

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Sweet! Our 2016 GT with the integrated blinkers is an instant collectors car! Hahahahaha.

And I agree on the lack of a PP with the auto. We wanted the PP and Blackout on an auto...

And of course, as soon as we order a 2016 with the Foundries, we replace the summer only tires before delivery and boom. The 2017's come with all seasons now...

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
I wish they would offer the convertible in a non-premium trim. I prefer cloth seats and that is the major reason what has held me off on pulling the trigger. My 13 convertible was almost 10k less than the 17 I just ordered.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I wish they would offer the convertible in a non-premium trim.
They offer it.

.........with the V6 engine. Have a family member considering one.

Virtually Yours

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Does anyone know when the 2017 order banks open for non-Shelby Mustangs? My dealer says later this month but didn't have an exact date...

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Interesting that the Sync details on this document still just indicate AppLink, and no mention of Car Play, or AO/LTE. I wonder if the '17s will hit the dealer lots without Car Play, and it'll be one update for both MY16 and 17.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Maybe the guide deserves a sticky?

Sponsored

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Wow Ford.

No automatic with PP.

And yet for the export RHD markets (UK, Australia, ...) all the cars have (almost all) of the performance & premium packages as standard for both auto & manual. We can't option it on or off...

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Interesting that the Sync details on this document still just indicate AppLink, and no mention of Car Play, or AO/LTE. I wonder if the '17s will hit the dealer lots without Car Play, and it'll be one update for both MY16 and 17.
It is odd that it doesn't mention Car Play or Android auto, but I'm not surprised no mention of LTE. I haven't heard anything about it being in anything other than the 2017 Escape. (At least not from a reputable source that wasn't just hoping and praying it would be included). That said, I was one of those hoping and praying it would be included.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It is odd that it doesn't mention Car Play or Android auto, but I'm not surprised no mention of LTE. I haven't heard anything about it being in anything other than the 2017 Escape. (At least not from a reputable source that wasn't just hoping and praying it would be included). That said, I was one of those hoping and praying it would be included.
I want Android Auto so bad. That's like the #1 thing I look forward to in the Sync 3 setup.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
I want Android Auto so bad. That's like the #1 thing I look forward to in the Sync 3 setup.
The latest UK price list, covering the MY17 cars, does confirm we will get only SYNC3, and it says it includes: Apple Carplay and Android Auto compatibility

So I guess this means they will all have it...:cheers:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Mustang is selling well...so Ford has no reason to do anything.

BUT that doesn't mean they shouldn't. To me it's just basically being lazy and sitting on the product for another year.

Too bad Chevy isn't even advertising their new Camaro or the rewards/acclaims it's gotten...they still have the '15 on their main site as the main banner on the Camaro site.

Refresh is a while away.
If it's any consolation, it was previously reported that the 2017 model year production will be short. And if history is any indicator, the 2013 refresh debuted at the LA Auto Show which is mid-November (and the pictures leaked even before that). So if that's the case again for the 2018s we only have about 7 months to wait before we see the new improvements. Worst case they wait till Detroit. Still means they only have 9 months or less to sell 2017s. They'll get the people that want the new colors, holdouts that like current styling better and finally buy, etc.
Sponsored