What type of FI?

OP
OP

Mattg7890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
ProChargerTECH....that some of the input Iwas looking for. If the car stock is enough to roast the tires then why add more down low....make it spin the tires faster.

Never gave the emissions compliant thing a thought yet but I guess that is another avenue I have to look at. What are the consequences of not being complaint?
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
ProChargerTECH....that some of the input Iwas looking for. If the car stock is enough to roast the tires then why add more down low....make it spin the tires faster.
Hahahaha, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Never gave the emissions compliant thing a thought yet but I guess that is another avenue I have to look at. What are the consequences of not being complaint?
I don't live in a state that does, so I am a little "green" when it comes to it.
But I know some of my friends that do and they never care because they get like a 5 year grace period on a new car or something? I don't really know, but most of them sell their cars long before that LOL.

Again, I don't really know as I don't live there. All I know is that here in KS,MO,NE,OK we can pretty much register/drive/race our lawnmowers if we wanted to LOLOLOL.

ven377

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

I went from procharger HO to stage 2 whipple.
From my experience with procharger, I was never happy with the tunning. Install was very simple tho.

I have had whipple for about 2 weeks and the power feels so much better.

If you have the money go whipple stage 2.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I went from procharger HO to stage 2 whipple.
From my experience with procharger, I was never happy with the tunning. Install was very simple tho.

I have had whipple for about 2 weeks and the power feels so much better.

If you have the money go whipple stage 2.

Sorry to hear that.... :(

Based on your photo you just showed, looks like a very very early kit.
(Since it has the OLD OLD OLD inlet on the blower)

Couple things,
1) We had updated tune files (though I thought you were using Lund)
2) We would have sent an updated inlet, just holler at our tech guys.

Again, sorry to hear of those issues that you had.
I wish I lived closer cause I would have loved to personally get you dialed in.
So that you can enjoy the awesomeness that others do with their procharger kits.

But I am glad to hear you are still going to be enjoying the "Boost Life" :)
And there is nothing wrong with that.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I think if you drove a centri car, for like 20 min....

100% of the "myths" people have on the internet about how they drive would be washed away. :)

Downlow power?....yep
Up Top power?....yep
Completly docile street manors?....yep
Inlet temps near ambient?....ohhhh ya
The same power pull after pull after pull?....ohhhhhhhh yes
Totally stock like throttle control?.... you bet!
Procharger FTW!

Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
OP
OP

Mattg7890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for the list of 2300+ threads to read. I really didn't want another back and forth debate which leads to arguments....etc. Just some opinions of anyone's individual reasons for their power adder and success at hooking up. Maybe just a way to eliminate reading all those threads. Limit it down.

CPR Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broke bum w no car
I'd say ride in them if you can. I'll say turbo. The percentage of customers coming over to turbos has increased in the last few years. I'd say 40-50% of my business now is guys that used to have blowers. The last 3 sales for us have all been former blower owners.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I've had a Centri (PC) and now a Whipple. To me the car "Felt" faster on the centri. Likely has to do with the way the power ramps in. Forget that BS about torque down low and one being better. Either will blow the tires off through 2nd with TC off even on my 3.15 gears. You have 3.73s so you better plan on getting some serious tires if you want street traction before 3rd gear. If you are talking about the track then you may have an easier time launching a centri because in that scenario, yes, the PD is going to make more power out of the whole initially(all else being equal). After that you're above 5k so the centri is well into boost and things even out. If I could do it all over again, I would go turbo because I've tried the others or just get a Paxton for the cost savings. Either way you need tires and half shafts before anything else. The biggest differentiator for me is the Whipple is much more complicated to install, lots of potential place for coolant leaks. It is very stealthy which I've come to like. It's hard to hide a centri car. They make a lot more noise overall and of course the intercooler. I like the centri noise sometimes but it got annoying for me. Good luck deciding.

Major League Infidel

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 CO GT PP
I had a Vortech JT-B on my car and swapped to the whipple. The centri went 133 in 2300 DA on 14 psi, the whipple went 135 in the same air on 10psi. The JT was fun to drive and made sweet noises. However, the whipple is a helluva lot more fun to drive. Like Jay said, give us a shout and we can defintely help you out.
Sponsored